PDA

View Full Version : Other Does anybody go salsa dancing in south Tenerife?

Saltnpepper
15-08-2011, 12:34
I'd love to go salsa dancing here but none of my friends are into it. I used to do it when I lived in the UK & would love to find someone to go with here. Does anyone do it who wouldn't mind me tagging along sometime? I live in San Miguel, so don't mind travelling to El Medano, Las Chafiras, Los Cristianos/Las Americas etc. Thanks!

fonica
15-08-2011, 12:40
There was a Salsa dancing class in the Cultural Center in Parque de la Reina last year.It ran from October until June.I expect they will do the same this year so keep an eye out in on the Arona web site.

KirstyJay
16-08-2011, 18:25
Are there any classes on the west coast too?

casabonny
16-08-2011, 21:24
I would like to try this so will have a look on the Arona web site and ask at the cultural centre next time i am in there

Saltnpepper
16-08-2011, 23:33
I think they might do classes in Callao Salvaje - it's just a bit far for me to travel

casinera
23-10-2011, 09:48
Hi,

I just read your thread about salsa dancing in Tenerife. I used to go out dancing a lot in Sweden, but haven´t found anyone here either with the same interest. I have heard about a place called Achaman close to Las Americas, but I haven´t tried it yet myself. If you want to have company one day, I would be happy to come along. Two months without salsa is a long time, i am really missing it :-)

Jackie
23-10-2011, 10:02
Hi,

I just read your thread about salsa dancing in Tenerife. I used to go out dancing a lot in Sweden, but haven´t found anyone here either with the same interest. I have heard about a place called Achaman close to Las Americas, but I haven´t tried it yet myself. If you want to have company one day, I would be happy to come along. Two months without salsa is a long time, i am really missing it :-)

Achaman is a night club for the Younger breed, unless of course they open on a particular night of the week for Salsa.

Saltnpepper
23-10-2011, 12:00
hmm, I'm definitely not of the younger breed!! thanks for the info though Jackie, like you say, maybe they do salsa on a particular night ... Casinera, thanks for your offer to come with me - where do you live by the way? There are a couple of nightclubs at Las Chafiras & La Camella that may do salsa too, I'll try & find out some info ... also, there's a place I found out called Sigueme Baile, a dance school in El Galeon, Adeje - I think they do a "free dance" on Saturday nights between 7pm & 8pm, it's not very long, but it would be ok for me. Do you want to do classes or just have a dance? I took classes for about 4 years in England but that was a long time ago, but I don't want to start beginner's classes again ...

jewels
23-10-2011, 12:28
I would love to learn salsa,please someone out there must know where the classes are,tried looking on the Arona web site but couldnt make head or tail of it.

casinera
23-10-2011, 17:17
I am not that interested in taking dance classes anymore, but if that is the only way to have a dance, I will give it a try. In Los Cristianos where I live, they give salsa classes at a club called Isla Bonita in San Telmo a couple of evenings a week. I have been told it is a carribean dance club, but when I once visited the place, they only played latin pop, so I don´t know...

Saltnpepper
23-10-2011, 17:21
There's Sigueme Baile, Calle de las Jarcias, Res. Los Océanos local C2, next to
CDTCA, El Galeón, Adeje (Campo de fútbol is on right coming up Av. de
los Océanos, CDTCA is on next block, then there's a roundabout, looks
like you go round roundabout & come back down Av. de los Océanos, turn
first right into Calle de las Jarcias & place is on the right)
Mobile: 638 150 928 Website: www.academiasigueme.com
"Free" dance Saturday nights 19.00 - 20.00, classes during the week
Having just looked again at their website, it's very much a school, rather than a club so ok for classes. I can't see any mention of "free dance" on Saturdays but I can ask them, although I would prefer a club, not a school

Saltnpepper
20-03-2012, 11:53
Hi everyone, a new bar has just opened about a month ago in the Eden Center in Los Cristianos offering salsa classes. I went past last night & it looked really good. Spoke to a couple of people there & they were very friendly. They do beginners classes Mon & Wed 7-8, Intermediate Mon & Wed 8-9. Tues & Thurs 7-9 just says salsa (no level given). 9-10 Mon & Wed is bachata & kizomba (?), Tues & Thurs 9-10 is Girls Only, without partners practising techniques etc. 10.30pm Mon-Thurs is free salsa & Fridays & Saturdays are party nights. They charge 30 euros a month which covers 2 lessons a week, so pretty cheap, & if you can only go once a week they'll only charge 15 euros a month. They're short of women so why not go along? I'm hoping to go tonight 8-9 to have a go ...!! They have a Facebook page - email is whitepub@hotmail.com

Efrain
27-03-2012, 18:51
i always wanted to learn salsa

Saltnpepper
28-03-2012, 11:01
Well, now's your chance! Maybe see you there one evening ... :wave:

Kande
17-04-2012, 15:01
I went along with my dancing shoes:) for the girlie only session at 9pm Tuesday. Really enjoyed it. Definately would recommend it. The instructor for this class is Mercedes, she is from Urugray(sp!) and is very good. She is putting on another class on Saturday night at 9pm and will run it if enough women turn up. Only 5 euros a class and first class free (i think).
the bar close to the Valdes centre up from Rubens music shop.

Hi everyone, a new bar has just opened about a month ago in the Eden Center in Los Cristianos offering salsa classes. I went past last night & it looked really good. Spoke to a couple of people there & they were very friendly. They do beginners classes Mon & Wed 7-8, Intermediate Mon & Wed 8-9. Tues & Thurs 7-9 just says salsa (no level given). 9-10 Mon & Wed is bachata & kizomba (?), Tues & Thurs 9-10 is Girls Only, without partners practising techniques etc. 10.30pm Mon-Thurs is free salsa & Fridays & Saturdays are party nights. They charge 30 euros a month which covers 2 lessons a week, so pretty cheap, & if you can only go once a week they'll only charge 15 euros a month. They're short of women so why not go along? I'm hoping to go tonight 8-9 to have a go ...!! They have a Facebook page - email is whitepub@hotmail.com

little voice
28-07-2012, 20:11
I'd love to go salsa dancing here but none of my friends are into it. I used to do it when I lived in the UK & would love to find someone to go with here. Does anyone do it who wouldn't mind me tagging along sometime? I live in San Miguel, so don't mind travelling to El Medano, Las Chafiras, Los Cristianos/Las Americas etc. Thanks!

Hi I was thinking about joining some dancing class just to keep trim and learn a dance of course I have never danced before but think I would be a quick learner once I can get over feeling embarassed I noticed a bar in las galettas has advertised mondays and wednesdays 5.30 - 7.30 not sure if I can make the time everytime but maybe theres classes somewhere else write back let me know what you think lesley anne

Gym 50+
29-07-2012, 21:04
we offer salsa and merenge clases every monday - wednesday - and friday at 21:00 in Lady´s Fitness Club Los Cristianos, you find us in Apartamentos Reveron, Avenida Amsterdam Nº 6, Tel: 922 798 200

Saltnpepper
30-07-2012, 11:59
Hi Lesley Anne, read my post from the 20th March where I've given info about salsa classes in the Eden Centre in Los Cristianos. They do classes most nights of the week and some of the instructors speak some English too. I must try & get down there myself again one day as I've not been for a while ...

Vaiva Kubilaite
05-08-2012, 15:58
Hi everyone,

is there anywhere salsa evenings, parties in Tenerife south? I'm not interested in clases, cause was dancing in Lithuania few years. But maybe some dancing schools are making social evenings for their students (lithuanians do this usually) and there is possibly to join them? I miss my dances sooo much - Salsa, bachiata, rueda, kizomba is my prefers :)

Gym 50+
05-08-2012, 20:13
Hi, that could be something of interest for us in Los Cristianos. Just come in and we talk, its every Monday / Wednesday at 21:00 in Apartamentos Reveron / Avenida Amsterdam
regards Andreas

Saltnpepper
06-08-2012, 09:26
Hi Vaiva, White Pub in the Eden Centre, Los Cristianos, have salsa evenings. Visit their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/whitepub?sk=wall where they advertise all their events. Have fun : ))

Vaiva Kubilaite
09-08-2012, 16:23
Hi Vaiva, White Pub in the Eden Centre, Los Cristianos, have salsa evenings. Visit their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/whitepub?sk=wall where they advertise all their events. Have fun : ))

Thank you, will try this Friday! Maybe you can tell me more in details how to find this Eden Centre? What is the street or smt? And how can get there from Playa Fanabe? Is there some bus going? :)

Red Devil
09-08-2012, 19:58
Hi Vaiva - catch any bus from Fanabe thats going to Los Cristianos and get off at Los Cris bus station. It is literally 2 mins walk from there to the Eden centre.
Start by walking back towards the traffic lights at start of the street, cross over and turn right. You are then on the opposite side of the bus station road. Walk past the block of bars, shops etc then turn left following the end of the block round - that part of the block around the corner becomes the Eden centre. Not sure which part the White pub is in though. Hope thats clear enough:spin:

Saltnpepper
10-08-2012, 10:14
Hi Vaiva, don't walk down the actual street towards the Princesa Dacil hotel, but alongside the dusty car park & you'll come to Banca March on the corner. White Pub is just 3 or 4 doors down from Banca March. By the way, there's also a big salsa & fashion event happening this Sunday 12th August from 12.00 - 21.00 in Los Cristianos port which I'm sure will be good : )

Saltnpepper
06-09-2012, 11:47
For dedicated salsa fans! There's a big salsa festival coming up 20-23 September in Los Cristianos, price is 60€ for all the workshops, parties etc etc. There will also be a beach party so I'm sure people can watch that without paying! I can't attach the programme of events as the file size exceeds the allowance but you can download the pdf from the www.aronatravel.com website - http://www.arona.travel/portal/turismo/fact_d4_v6.jsp?contenido=45130&language=es&nivel=1400&tipo=2&

Here's a link to the website too where there's some info in English as well - http://www.tenerifesalsafestival.com/

Vaiva Kubilaite
06-09-2012, 13:39
Will be in a festival 100%. Maybe someone would like to join me just to go together as i don't speak spanish still? Would be nice to have some company :)

For dedicated salsa fans! There's a big salsa festival coming up 20-23 September in Los Cristianos, price is 60€ for all the workshops, parties etc etc. There will also be a beach party so I'm sure people can watch that without paying! I can't attach the programme of events as the file size exceeds the allowance but you can download the pdf from the www.aronatravel.com website - http://www.arona.travel/portal/turismo/fact_d4_v6.jsp?contenido=45130&language=es&nivel=1400&tipo=2&

Here's a link to the website too where there's some info in English as well - http://www.tenerifesalsafestival.com/