PDA

View Full Version : Helpful Answers now re-added

admin
15-08-2011, 15:09
Hi folks,

You may remember the thumbs up/down from the old forum.

I know there were some objections to it, but it is actually a good little feature for highlighting the useful posts.

The main objections on the old forum were that there was the thumbs down feature, that could be abused, so I have decided to leave this option off.

So... if you find a post particularly useful, please give it a thumbs up. This is for quality of INFORMATION in reply to the posters' question, as opposed to the 'thanks' button, which is just to say TA :)

All use of this button is anonymous, so it cannot be used to boost your or your mate's ego either. The reason for its existence is to make the good info easier to find, so please use it if you read something particularly pertinent to a discussion or question.

It is only available in the TENERIFE sections of the forum and the help and assistance and suggestions boards.

Isabella8688
06-03-2012, 09:26
Thanks you for the post.

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2012, 10:32
So where is it - i can see thumbs up for a facebook link and a thumbs up on the thanks button but that's it

Ecky Thump
06-03-2012, 10:37
So where is it - i can see thumbs up for a facebook link and a thumbs up on the thanks button but that's it

When you press the "thumbs up" button, it shows your name as a "thank you".???

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2012, 10:42
When you press the "thumbs up" button, it shows your name as a "thank you".???

so it's the Thanks button then next to blog this post ?

Ecky Thump
06-03-2012, 11:03
so it's the Thanks button then next to blog this post ?

YES!!!:D

Now press it and try it, you can also delete it....its great fun.;)

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2012, 11:30
YES!!!:D

Now press it and try it, you can also delete it....its great fun.;)

but it's no piggin' different than before ??

No entiendo ?

Ecky Thump
06-03-2012, 11:37
but it's no piggin' different than before ??

No entiendo ?

Its different, because in the past it showed the thumbs up/down on the top right and if my failing memory is working, it also showed how many people pressed it......I think!:wink2:

Added after 7 minutes:

I have just reread the opening post by Admin and it says that the use of the thumbs up button is anonymous, but in truth its not, as it shows your name after pressing it???

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2012, 11:48
So No entendemos !!!:D

Yes that's what I'm saying - it don't make no sense:D

(typed in bad English on puropse btw)

Zara
06-03-2012, 11:55
Maybe its an indication of things to come and hasnīt been implemented yet. Canīt see how as it stands at the moment it will be a >>>feature for highlighting the useful posts.<<<< :dontknow:

Ecky Thump
06-03-2012, 11:55
So No entendemos !!!:D

Yes that's what I'm saying - it don't make no sense:D

(typed in bad English on puropse btw)

Clever clogs.:c2:

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2012, 11:59
Maybe its an indication of things to come and hasnīt been implemented yet. Canīt see how as it stands at the moment it will be a >>>feature for highlighting the useful posts.<<<< :dontknow:

Useful posts - well i won't be needing it then :D:whistle:

And Ecky i wouldn't be seen dead in anything under a 3" heel:D

primrose
06-03-2012, 12:10

Sorry but I don't understand it either,it's no different from the thanks button, and I quite liked the thumbs down button.:devil:

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2012, 12:17
Sorry but I don't understand it either,it's no different from the thanks button, and I quite liked the thumbs down button.:devil:

Ok let's all press the report button:devil2::D

TOTO 99
06-03-2012, 12:17
My God, this has caused some trouble hasn't it?...lol

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2012, 12:32
My God, this has caused some trouble hasn't it?...lol

get offf - Ban ! don't you start !!!:D

Zara
06-03-2012, 13:44
Primrose

You are more my age group than the youngsters on the thread :D and it is good to know that I am not alone not understanding this new feature. I did give you a thumbs up but you won't know that as it is anonymous :whistle:

Whaddya mean you know ........ you can see it ....... :ashamed:

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2012, 13:59
Primrose

You are more my age group than the youngsters on the thread :D and it is good to know that I am not alone not understanding this new feature. I did give you a thumbs up but you won't know that as it is anonymous :whistle:

Whaddya mean you know ........ you can see it ....... :ashamed:

Thank you Zara:D

Zara
06-03-2012, 14:01
Thank you Zara:D

Who said that :dontknow: No one there - must be the invisible man

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2012, 14:06
Who said that :dontknow: No one there - must be the invisible man

Now that's the ignore button:D

Zara
06-03-2012, 14:16
:crylaughing: :crylaughing:

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2012, 14:25
So come on Admin

In the words of Marvin Gaye

Woss goin' on :spin:

Santiago
06-03-2012, 14:48
I haven't understood any of that so either I am thick - or I am thick! Why not have a LIKE button anyway instead of thanks, etc. I sometimes want to say I like what someone has posted, but I don't want to thank them for it!

Malteser Monkey
06-03-2012, 14:49
and if you don't like what they've posted you don't want to thank them either do you:whistle::D

WEBCAM !!!! don't forget santi

Santiago
06-03-2012, 15:03
Dunnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thanx:

Malteser Monkey
08-03-2012, 11:12
Nowt further on this then ?

kingbaker
10-03-2012, 21:50
Me thinks that most of you need to get your carers to take you out more often, for a little more FRESH AIR...........or else

you are a sad bunch of old gits!!!!!!! eh! Monkey?;)

Malteser Monkey
11-03-2012, 14:45
Me thinks that most of you need to get your carers to take you out more often, for a little more FRESH AIR...........or else

you are a sad bunch of old gits!!!!!!! eh! Monkey?;)

You back then - wot ! no rugby on:D

Suej
11-03-2012, 16:40
Wot I would like to know is why the smilies keep changing on the quick reply! Why do we have to go into advanced to use complete smilie facility? It's been bugging me for ages!:eyebrows:

Harmonicaman
11-03-2012, 16:45
The "Thumbs Up" button is at the top of the thread next to the thread title. Remember it is only on Tenerife related threads. Looks like this...http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Capture-1.png

Suej
11-03-2012, 17:00
Ah!So that's just to say Thanks for the useful thread? I geddit!:doh:

No I don't get it! LOL! I clicked on the Like button but all that happens is a Facebook window opens?

Santiago
11-03-2012, 17:31
Ah!So that's just to say Thanks for the useful thread? I geddit!:doh:

No I don't get it! LOL! I clicked on the Like button but all that happens is a Facebook window opens?

Same for me so I went into Facebook and noticed that you have the website down as www.tenerifeforum.com!!

Palmero
26-03-2012, 22:17
You all still don't get it :D
It's all about commercials via facebook etc....
Money... don't bother to reason with it, you will never win :)