PDA

View Full Version : Phew what a scorcher!

KirstyJay
16-08-2011, 18:19
I've had to come to the pool today, as it's so hot at home. :hot:

There's 10 degrees difference from the coast to up the hill! :eek:

tonypub
16-08-2011, 18:24
18 degrees in the pub:bootyshake:

sunspot
16-08-2011, 18:25
Its got to be one of the hottest days,im melting

Ecky Thump
16-08-2011, 18:27
I've had to come to the pool today, as it's so hot at home. :hot:

There's 10 degrees difference from the coast to up the hill! :eek:

Kirsty, I am now of the opinion that you are cold hearted to tell us in Scotland that the weather in Tenerife is so hot, here today you need webbed feet and a fur coat!;)

Just make sure that the weather there remains the same until Sept 22nd, also for the following three weeks!!:)

tonypub
16-08-2011, 18:27
Its got to be one of the hottest days,im meltingim tony,nice to meet you.

Suej
16-08-2011, 18:31
Looks like more of the same for tomorrow! Phew!:crazy:

Ed3229
16-08-2011, 18:34
Kirsty, I am now of the opinion that you are cold hearted to tell us in Scotland that the weather in Tenerife is so hot, here today you need webbed feet and a fur coat!;)

Just make sure that the weather there remains the same until Sept 22nd, also for the following three weeks!!:)

Too right I arrive 27th Sept....

http://www.morecambeandwise.com/morecambeandwise_songlyrics.aspx?s=7 The Sunshine song :tiphat:

anegib
16-08-2011, 18:34
Thank God for air conditioning

KirstyJay
16-08-2011, 19:10
Just make sure that the weather there remains the same until Sept 22nd, also for the following three weeks!!:)I'll try my best! :o

kieraj
16-08-2011, 23:23
rolleyes2:I have had to put my heating on tonight as its cold here, have got wet washing hanging on the radiators.

sunspot
16-08-2011, 23:30
rolleyes2:I have had to put my heating on tonight as its cold here, have got wet washing hanging on the radiators.

Oh that brings back bad memories,heating in August thats unbelievable:sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::sunshin e:
there you go some for tomorrow

Jackie
17-08-2011, 06:36

I think if this heat was to last until then the people of Tenerife would be fit for nothing, this heat sure takes it out of you.

Been unbearable up here in the hills, especially when you are trying to sleep because you have to be up early for work....heat...no sleep...work ...just don't mix ;)

princessmonika
17-08-2011, 07:10
yes i cannot remember ever putting heating on in august-- what a bummer--it is official in ireland -- it is the coldest and wettest weather since 50 years

Suej
17-08-2011, 10:04
We are no longer on yellow alert so hoping it will be a bit cooler! still hot though!:D

KirstyJay
17-08-2011, 10:12
Looks like another hot one... trying to get some work done early so I don't have to be sat near my PC later! It always seems to be a degree or two hotter as it kicks out all that extra heat.

Susief
17-08-2011, 11:16
Had fire on at home last night! Roll on end of month!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malteser Monkey
17-08-2011, 11:23
We had ours on the other night ! mind you does it good to have a blast in summer, then when winter comes you'll know it'll work. Always put ours on every summer for 15 mins or so just to check

cowen1000
17-08-2011, 12:26
Yep, another nice hot day here in Los Cristianos. Ideal relaxing by the pool weather :raspberry2:

cainaries
17-08-2011, 12:38
I would willingly swap this very hot weather for half an hour or so of cold rain! At least then my mozzie bites might calm down. It was supposed to be over by 19.00 last night (how can they be so exact!) but it definitely isn't over yet though the east coast of La Palma doesn't seem to have it.

Suej
17-08-2011, 13:08
I would willingly swap this very hot weather for half an hour or so of cold rain! At least then my mozzie bites might calm down. It was supposed to be over by 19.00 last night (how can they be so exact!) but it definitely isn't over yet though the east coast of La Palma doesn't seem to have it.

It´s a lot cooler today Cainaries! any excuse not to finish cleaning the windows!:window:

KirstyJay
17-08-2011, 13:33
Right! Off to the pool to cool down now! :D I'm gonna leave the bloke in bed. (lazyboy!) :D

Malteser Monkey
17-08-2011, 13:46
Right! Off to the pool to cool down now! :D I'm gonna leave the bloke in bed. (lazyboy!) :D

Woooo sweet child o' mine........ too much info Kirsty:wow::cheeky:

KirstyJay
17-08-2011, 13:47
Not really... it's not how it sounded. I got up at 9am ;)

Malteser Monkey
17-08-2011, 13:48
Well - never mind - enjoy the pool

Davie Thistle
17-08-2011, 15:09
...........roll on October! - 44days to be exzact!!

My bike leathers are that soaked thru
I can't get them dry for the following day!!

manoman will this rain never end,
not cold, just flamin Damp!!!

:(

Suej
17-08-2011, 15:23
Well - never mind - enjoy the pool

Always digging for dirt you!!!:devil2:

Malteser Monkey
17-08-2011, 16:05
Always digging for dirt you!!!:devil2:

Moi ? naaaa:cheeky:

cainaries
17-08-2011, 16:28
It´s a lot cooler today Cainaries! any excuse not to finish cleaning the windows!:window:
If only! Boiling here. We did go to the Tenerife side today where it was beautiful and cool but still very hhhhot here. So not doing any windows as we have all the blinds down in any case.

Just had boiling hot shower ... tap was set to cold. Only time we get cold water is after dark.

KirstyJay
17-08-2011, 17:39
If only! Boiling here. We did go to the Tenerife side today where it was beautiful and cool but still very hhhhot here. So not doing any windows as we have all the blinds down in any case.

Just had boiling hot shower ... tap was set to cold. Only time we get cold water is after dark.Andy0210 posted an excellent idea for this on the old forum... something about swapping the immersion heater pipes over if you have an electric boiler...

in fact, here it is :

Just tried to use my cold water tap to find that hot water is coming out of it, this is due to the water pipes running on top of the ground rather than under them in a lot of areas in Tenerife.

A helpful tip if you are in a similar situation is to unplug your boiler and use that as your cold water supply and the cold tap as your hot water until the temperatures drop!

source thread : http://old.tenerifeforum.com/showthread.php?t=46020&highlight=boiler

:D

We have a gas boiler, so not really useful for us :(

Goforgold
17-08-2011, 17:48
Had fire on at home last night! Roll on end of month!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been in York for a few days and it's been perfect for walking around and sightseeing. :). Today was even warmer :)

debi
17-08-2011, 18:57
keep that hot weather going I arrive Friday afternoon :jumping:

Jackie
17-08-2011, 19:01
Still really hot up here in the hills. It doesn't even cool down enough later at night for the poor dogs to go out for a run, not that they want to, they are happy lying on the sofas underneath the fans all night. Normally as soon as the front door is open and I call them they are off up the hills, I open the door now and they just look at me from the sofas as if to say 'yeah ok see you later' :)

cainaries
17-08-2011, 22:30
Andy0210 posted an excellent idea for this on the old forum... something about swapping the immersion heater pipes over if you have an electric boiler...

in fact, here it is :

:D

We have a gas boiler, so not really useful for us :(

Genius! Genii even. Thanks to Andy and to Kirsty. We've got a big electric water heater in the bathroom - which is making the whole place even hotter. Why didn't we think of that.

There's hot and there's REALLY hot, debi .... be interested to see what you make of the REALLY hot. It's like a kind of physical presence. Or a wall of heat. Anyhow, have a brill holiday.

marbro8
17-08-2011, 22:35

Just make sure that the weather there remains the same until Sept 22nd, also for the following three weeks!!:)hey hey ecky we can swap books again:tiphat: we are there oct 7th;)

Jackie
17-08-2011, 22:37
Genius! Genii even. Thanks to Andy and to Kirsty. We've got a big electric water heater in the bathroom - which is making the whole place even hotter. Why didn't we think of that.

There's hot and there's REALLY hot, debi .... be interested to see what you make of the REALLY hot. It's like a kind of physical presence. Or a wall of heat. Anyhow, have a brill holiday.

You forgot the REALLY REALLY hot :)

obs
17-08-2011, 22:59
We've been in York for a few days and it's been perfect for walking around and sightseeing. :). Today was even warmer :)

Hi GFG, where abouts in York are you?? We visit more than occasionally. :wave:

sunspot
17-08-2011, 23:04
hey hey ecky we can swap books again:tiphat: we are there oct 7th;)

Dont forget my Steak bakes,6 should do nicely .........please

marbro8
18-08-2011, 00:22
Dont forget my Steak bakes,6 should do nicely .........pleasebloody hell they will arrest me for importing live stock:crylaughing:

sunspot
18-08-2011, 00:27
bloody hell they will arrest me for importing live stock:crylaughing:

As long as they are not mooing you should be fine...............your a darling

KirstyJay
18-08-2011, 18:14
Thank god it's finally cooled down a bit. It's 14º cooler today than 2 days ago... a nice 25.5ºC up here. :)

cainaries
18-08-2011, 23:08
You forgot the REALLY REALLY hot :)

I didn't want to frighten her! Weird here tonight as coolish outside but inside is still very hot including inside the car (no aircon in our lives).

Jackie
19-08-2011, 07:54
I didn't want to frighten her! Weird here tonight as coolish outside but inside is still very hot including inside the car (no aircon in our lives).

Same here Cainaries, cooler outside but still have fans on full blast inside

princessmonika
19-08-2011, 09:07
well it seems to me that the houses and apartments are not very well insulated -- so the the walls and roof tiles keep the heat--aircon is the only answer --

cainaries
19-08-2011, 09:40
well it seems to me that the houses and apartments are not very well insulated -- so the the walls and roof tiles keep the heat--aircon is the only answer --

I suspect you're right about the building process. My neighbour told me last night there's another heatwave due next week. I'm just off to plug my water heater back in.

bantam65
19-08-2011, 09:43

Also incoming fri ,beer on bar i hope!!!

princessmonika
19-08-2011, 09:52
well in that heat , we realy shower cold , i be there as from 30th august, hope it has cooled down a bit--you could put a timer on your water heater, so it only heats for maybe 1 hour--

cainaries
19-08-2011, 15:22
well in that heat , we realy shower cold , i be there as from 30th august, hope it has cooled down a bit--you could put a timer on your water heater, so it only heats for maybe 1 hour--

Hi, no the thing was in the heatwave our COLD water (from the tap) comes out almost boiling hot. We're a bit primitive here. And Andy0210 and KirstyJay said the trick is to turn off the water heater and then I would have a tank of cold water. So, effectively, I got boiling water out of the cold tap and cold water out of the hot tap. (Our taps are actually back to front so this makes it even more complicated, but that's another Canarian story).

princessmonika
19-08-2011, 16:19
that is realy a very funny story yes i know another canarian story crazy: