PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Everyone.

Harmonicaman
16-08-2011, 21:01
I would like to thank everyone on the forum for the help, advice, fun and sometimes sad times I've had on this forum. I have been told my membership here is no longer compatible with membership of another forum. I had a similar message from the owner of THE other forum, so henceforth I will not be posting on ANY fora.
I have met a few of you in real life and each and all of you were decent people and I was honoured to have met you. I hope your forum grows and provides information and fun for years to come.
Campbell. (Harmonicaman).

rosemary
16-08-2011, 21:05
I donīt know you very well Harmonicaman but what I did know I liked. Measured good posts. I wish you well. Forums are strange creatures eh?

Bobby
16-08-2011, 21:07
I would like to thank everyone on the forum for the help, advice, fun and sometimes sad times I've had on this forum. I have been told my membership here is no longer compatible with membership of another forum. I had a similar message from the owner of THE other forum, so henceforth I will not be posting on ANY fora.
I have met a few of you in real life and each and all of you were decent people and I was honoured to have met you. I hope your forum grows and provides information and fun for years to come.

So sorry.................

sunspot
16-08-2011, 21:07

H, please, please tell me this is a wind up,your my hero

dede
16-08-2011, 21:08
Im sorry to hear this, and i dont fully understand what you mean, I thought it was a free choice where you posted??. Well you will be missed im sure. good luck.

sunspot
16-08-2011, 21:09
What in the hell is this all about,i am gutted, bloody gutted

Bazz
16-08-2011, 21:12
Am I forgetting something? It must be April Fool's Day!

AJP
16-08-2011, 21:13
Hman this is so wrong now reviewing forum memberships

tonypub
I would like to thank everyone on the forum for the help, advice, fun and sometimes sad times I've had on this forum. I have been told my membership here is no longer compatible with membership of another forum. I had a similar message from the owner of THE other forum, . (Harmonicaman).i seriously hope this is untrue.

Jimandsi
You'll be missed HM.

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge, wit and banter.

Hope to meet you again someday.

sunspot
16-08-2011, 21:14
Im not at all happy,explaination.......please

primrose
16-08-2011, 21:18
This has got to be a wind up why on earth would you get rid of one of the most helpful members:nono:

dede
16-08-2011, 21:19
Are you just talking one other forum or are there more than one forum thats objecting??

AL JAY
16-08-2011, 21:20
Whoa!!! Im in the dark a bit here, whats happening? What happened to freedom of speech!!! Cam you give this forum so much and i am AGOG!!! Surely its not in T&Cs that you cannot join another forum>?

Santiago
16-08-2011, 21:20
Change your email address, your name and avatar and come back to us renewed - we can't lose you you are too valuable to all of us!

sunspot
16-08-2011, 21:22
Why would they object? post on whatever forum you like and if H posts half the good advice he does on here then hes a great asset to any forum

AJP
16-08-2011, 22:26
Results of investigation please

Ian55
16-08-2011, 22:30

This is still being investigated

slodgedad
16-08-2011, 22:34

No results. I temporarily closed it until I found out what was going on.

There's no problem belonging to anything you like but it is frowned upon when members try to disrespect someone, or something else.

Disrespect to others is not accepted on here, regardless of who it is, so disrespect to us somewhere else is equally abhorrent.

Andy0210
16-08-2011, 22:35
I have personally met Cally and Tizzy and like them a lot and will miss him, but sadly if you live by the little breakway forum that slags everyone off in private like some kind of secret society you tend to find you die by it as well. :(

No results. I temporarily closed it until I found out what was going on.

There's no problem belonging to anything you like but it is frowned upon when members try to disrespect someone, or something else.

Disrespect to others is not accepted on here, regardless of who it is, so disrespect to us somewhere else is equally abhorrent.

Where is the thanks button ???

AL JAY
16-08-2011, 22:40
So who is on this breakaway forum? And more importantly who is slagging who off? What is it called and who is the owner?

slodgedad
16-08-2011, 22:43
And how will that change his IP address ???

The forums are way smarter than that, i really like Cally and will miss him a lot, i have met him and Tizzy personally but sadly if you live by the breakaway little forum that slags everyone off in private you die by the little breakaway forum! :(

A lot do, Andy..BUT VE HAFF UZZER VAYS>>>As a lot of members have found out.

If everyone uses the Forum the same way as the VAST majority then it's fantastic.

Why should or or two alienate genuine members..(This is not aimed at HM, but an answer to a question)...Off Topic I know...I just slapped my own wrist..:sleeping:

sunspot
16-08-2011, 22:43
So who is on this breakaway forum? And more importantly who is slagging who off? What is it called and who is the owner?

I am completely at a loss on this one AJ,first ive heard of another one

dede
16-08-2011, 22:55
I am completely at a loss on this one AJ,first ive heard of another one

Its just a few little men with big ego's that have been banned from here, nothing for any proper forum to worry about really.

PS: only one man enough to use the same user name.

marbro8
16-08-2011, 23:04
have i just been beamed up by scotty? hm has been a constantly helpfull poster on here, if he has done something wrong then tell us, instead of talking in riddle:dontknow:, and cam just come back and give us your side of the story and deffend yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mamamaz
16-08-2011, 23:20
What is going on - I'm completely lost now - think it must be time for bed !!!! :confused:

admin
16-08-2011, 23:22
I would like to know who has said such things, as I have not, neither has any of the moderation team, so I think such insinuations need verifying.

There is no problem with anyone taking part in any forum they choose, however there is a problem if we receive reports that people are using this forum as a means of promoting their own. This is not just a rule of TF, I'm sure if you go on any internet forum you will find that it is a rule of virtually every one you find.

We cannot speak for decisions made by TTF, however you are quite welcome to post here, as I have not received any such reports about yourself... Your banned friends, however, are not.

If you want to chat to them in their chosen place, then that's your choice, but they are not welcome here any more as they have continually set about to disrupt this forum and quite frankly, the moderators have better things to do with their time than to have to babysit a chosen few. This forum is not about 2 or 3 egos, it is about the exchange of information about Tenerife.

If your friends want to discuss their membership status with us, then they can use the contact form. We will only discuss it directly with them though.

Ultimately, this forum was built from a lot of hard work and finance from the current and previous mod team and ownership. It is an investment which we have put in and we have to continually provide in order to monitor it, and generate funds to finance it for future use so it can help people past, present and future, who live in or holiday in Tenerife.

If your friends want to set up their own forum to insult and talk about members of this one and TTF, they are welcome to it, and long may they stay there.... because as long as they are happy talking and discussing other fora and its members there, they are not bothering us here.

If you wish to join them, that is entirely your prerogative, however rest-assured, it certainly is not exclusive to posting here at all, we will just not allow them to promote themselves via our software. If they want to build up their own boards and membership, let them market themselves and put in all the hard work we had to 6 years ago. ;)

Let's face it, you can drink in any pub you choose... however if the PR from a neighbouring pub came into yours and told all your customers to go to his place, would you not throw him out? So... drink where you like. :)

marbro8
16-08-2011, 23:32
I would like to know who has said such things, as I have not, neither has any of the moderation team, so I think such insinuations need verifying.

There is no problem with anyone taking part in any forum they choose, however there is a problem if we receive reports that people are using this forum as a means of promoting their own. This is not just a rule of TF, I'm sure if you go on any internet forum you will find that it is a rule of virtually every one you find.

We cannot speak for decisions made by TTF, however you are quite welcome to post here, as I have not received any such reports about yourself... Your banned friends, however, are not.

If you want to chat to them in their chosen place, then that's your choice, but they are not welcome here any more as they have continually set about to disrupt this forum and quite frankly, the moderators have better things to do with their time than to have to babysit a chosen few. This forum is not about 2 or 3 egos, it is about the exchange of information about Tenerife.

If your friends want to discuss their membership status with us, then they can use the contact form. We will only discuss it directly with them though.

Ultimately, this forum was built from a lot of hard work and finance from the current and previous mod team and ownership. It is an investment which we have put in and we have to continually provide in order to monitor it, and generate funds to finance it for future use so it can help people past, present and future, who live in or holiday in Tenerife.

If your friends want to set up their own forum to insult and talk about members of this one and TTF, they are welcome to it, and long may they stay there.... because as long as they are happy talking and discussing other fora and its members there, they are not bothering us here.

If you wish to join them, that is entirely your prerogative, however rest-assured, it certainly is not exclusive to posting here at all, we will just not allow them to promote themselves via our software. If they want to build up their own boards and membership, let them market themselves and put in all the hard work we had to 6 years ago. ;)

Let's face it, you can drink in any pub you choose... however if the PR from a neighbouring pub came into yours and told all your customers to go to his place, would you not throw him out? So... drink where you like. :)has this got anything to do with kev and reggie? because i hav not seen anything posted from them on here for ages?

MaxineC
16-08-2011, 23:49
Confused.com ..... whatever this secret society is, it can't be that good because I'm not on it! :D

On a more serious note, are we dealing with adults here, or a bunch of silly kids? If the latter, we're better off without them!

slodgedad
16-08-2011, 23:56
Confused.com ..... whatever this secret society is, it can't be that good because I'm not on it! :D

On a more serious note, are we dealing with adults here, or a bunch of silly kids? If the latter, we're better off without them!
Actually, Max we thought they were trying to cause trouble here at first but it turns out that it is only a chat room, and no more, that for some reason has targeted us.

I, for one, feel very happy that a chat room feels the only way they can promote themselves is at the expense of an established entity

Andy0210
17-08-2011, 00:05
or a bunch of silly kids? If the latter, we're better off without them!

Yep! Normal service may now be resumed!

Bit like the old days when you led me astray until 6 a.m at the 3rd Birthday Party! :)

(sadly i have to admit there was others there as well)

TenerifeFanatic
17-08-2011, 00:19
I don't believe this!! How can this happen to fine upstanding helpful member of this forum?? Feeling totally confused.:confused:

slodgedad
17-08-2011, 00:24
I don't believe this!! How can this happen to fine upstanding helpful member of this forum?? Feeling totally confused.:confused:Sorry, TF.

I'm surprised too.

I think all the information is within this thread and it's going no where new.

I'm closing it so members don't 'do themselves harm'.

If members read the entire thread they will understand my action.

WeeBoabfaeGovan
17-08-2011, 21:33
Sorry to hear you are leaving us Hamonicaman i enjoyed a lot of your postings All the best from Rab

onelegnofeet
17-08-2011, 21:36
Sorry to hear you are leaving us Hamonicaman i enjoyed a lot of your postings All the best from Rab

How?What?......................................... .........................do hope not Cam ,Respect OLeg

sunspot
17-08-2011, 21:38
I Really dont know what to say

karinagal
17-08-2011, 21:48
How?What?......................................... .........................do hope not Cam ,Respect OLeg

See here (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?8182-Thanks-to-Everyone.&highlight=harmonicaman) for details - very sad to see him go...

onelegnofeet
17-08-2011, 21:55
See here (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?8182-Thanks-to-Everyone.&highlight=harmonicaman) for details - very sad to see him go...

Thanks Karinagal ,unlike me i missed this post .Hi cam cant comment on the thread highlighted by Karinagal ,i for one will miss your major input to both TF and TTF ,who will post my much needed maps now .Many thanks for things you have helped me with in the past .Take Care MR .H

Davie Thistle
17-08-2011, 21:59
..a bollox to it man!
get yer **** back here now!
bugger what other people think!
as long as your not a 'bad man'!
I don't see the problem!!:confused:

9PLUS
17-08-2011, 22:01
H has left us ?

Party on dudes lets get the Crystal Meth out

x

marbro8
17-08-2011, 22:12
..a bollox to it man!
get yer **** back here now!
bugger what other people think!
as long as your not a 'bad man'!
I don't see the problem!!:confused:i was on the thread last night, it looks like hm went into a chat room (not another forum as was supposed) and supposedly slagged off either this forum or someone on this forum with two ex forum members, now i do not want to run anyone down or get into an argument with any other forum member or mod but i think that we should all be able to speak freely, and i also think rather than just leave members to try and work out what has happened we should put it in black and white!!! i for one do not know what hm has said because i do not know about the CHAT ROOM or how to find it? so can not say whether it is true or not, what i do know is that in all the years of reading and posting to hm he has been nothing but a gentleman, and untill someone tells me or proves to me otherwise then that is the way i will allways think of him;)

admin
17-08-2011, 22:48
i was on the thread last night, it looks like hm went into a chat room (not another forum as was supposed) and supposedly slagged off either this forum or someone on this forum with two ex forum members, now i do not want to run anyone down or get into an argument with any other forum member or mod but i think that we should all be able to speak freely, and i also think rather than just leave members to try and work out what has happened we should put it in black and white!!! i for one do not know what hm has said because i do not know about the CHAT ROOM or how to find it? so can not say whether it is true or not, what i do know is that in all the years of reading and posting to hm he has been nothing but a gentleman, and untill someone tells me or proves to me otherwise then that is the way i will allways think of him;)
As it states earlier in this thread, he's not banned from here.

I would LOVE to give you all the gossip, however Mod decisions are never discussed with anyone other than ther person concerned as a matter of confidentiality, so if you want to know specifics, please come to us with permission from them. It's only polite. :)

I'm sure you will be contacted via email if you are mates with HM and he wants to invite you to where he wants to chat right now, however this is not really anything to do with this forum, or Tenerife, so this thread is closed :)

Thanks!