PDA

View Full Version : Apartments Compostella Beach Golf Club apartments, south Tenerife

carl_hutch_derb
16-08-2011, 21:08
well it seems that this is where we shall be staying next year when we come over, its basically in between cristianos and americas i think! ive been reading reviews on other sites and they seem generally favourable! however i was wondering if anyone on here has had experience of staying in these apartments and whether they would recommend it or not! thanks!

princessmonika
17-08-2011, 07:33
we stayed there 3 times, before we got our own place-- very good place- some of our friends stay there every year, for the last 9 years, book the same apartment from the owner-- and it is a legally run complex- if you rent it from an owner it has more mod cons--

onelegnofeet
17-08-2011, 07:49
well it seems that this is where we shall be staying next year when we come over, its basically in between cristianos and americas i think! ive been reading reviews on other sites and they seem generally favourable! however i was wondering if anyone on here has had experience of staying in these apartments and whether they would recommend it or not! thanks!

It cant be bad its right next door to my favourite hotel "The Marylanza" !!!lol,
Be aware though unless you are in a room overlooking the golf course there are no views other than either roads or the back of the law courts .The main road that runs past is quite quiet ,more so from early evening so no real noise issues .
Its a 15/20 min walk down into the entertainment areas of PDLA,The Patch,Starcos,Veronicas .Nearest best cheapest supermarket is Mercadonnas which is about 5/7 mins walk .Best beach in the area for you imo is Playa Las Vistas which is between 10 mins (steps)and 20 mins walk (flat route)
Safari centre and the PAZ strip of bars /restaurants are 15 mins .
If you need any directions just ask .
Hope you have a fantastic holiday

carl_hutch_derb
17-08-2011, 19:26
thanks for the help pal, ive been to los cristianos a few times and have a vague memory of cristianos and americas! am i right in saying this apartment complex is the same walking distance to las americas as it is to los cristianos? i have some good memorys of los cristianos and will probably be spending as much time there as las americas :) though now im older i shall certainly be sampling the nightlife of las americas :)
is the supermarket near cristianos? because when we stayed there before im sure thats the supermarket we used to use when we stayed at tenerife/cristian sur!

marbro8
17-08-2011, 20:04
thanks for the help pal, ive been to los cristianos a few times and have a vague memory of cristianos and americas! am i right in saying this apartment complex is the same walking distance to las americas as it is to los cristianos? i have some good memorys of los cristianos and will probably be spending as much time there as las americas :) though now im older i shall certainly be sampling the nightlife of las americas :)
is the supermarket near cristianos? because when we stayed there before im sure thats the supermarket we used to use when we stayed at tenerife/cristian sur! there is a small supermarket at the villa mandi a few hundred yards up the road, it is ok for small emergency things;)

onelegnofeet
17-08-2011, 21:20
is the supermarket near cristianos? because when we stayed there before im sure thats the supermarket we used to use when we stayed at tenerife/cristian sur!

Its roughly the same distance into Los Cris if your comparing it with getting down to the area of Starcos ?veronicas .I found the best way into Los Cris for quickness was from your hotel turn right out of reception the cross over the road to the law courts car park cut through there and cross the to Portosin Apts as you see to its left is a sloped pedestrian walkway ,at the top vere left and cut across a supermarket car park (this supermaket is damned awful !!!)just left of it is a cinder path that takes you round into the Back of los Cris (approx 10 mins but another 10 into the Church square .

Mercadonnas is best supermarket for choice nd price imo .Same route to Portosin Apts but keep going down the road instead of up the slope ,you then pass the Marola turn left on its corner and Mercadonnas is just around it on your left .If you see a large electrical store (CC ABORA) thats where you need to turn left ,its about 7 mins walk .Dont think due to the distance this will be the one you used whilst at CristianSur .But as Marbro8 says if its just daily bread ,milk both Villa Mandi (left of your hotel) and Marylanza (right of your hotel ) have small supermarkets not sure if yours does or not .

For Veronicas/Starcos /Patch areas of entertainment ,right out of yourhotel past the Marylanza and keep straight on till you reach the roundabout with the Columbus hotel on the corner ,head straight down hill from there till you reach the bottom Colon2 sits on the left corner turn left there your on the Patch ,head right (expensive bag shop on the corner ) just after which is Leonardos Veronicas is just on the left after ,and on your right is VIVOS which sits just in front of Starcos

As you come through arrivals look out for the Reps from tenerife Pearl they give out leaflets and Maps of the hotels and come in very useful ,Dont worry these dont do any selling just hand out the stuff ,great for sorting out where you are from what .Hope this helps

carl_hutch_derb
17-08-2011, 21:33
cheers for all that mate :) not going till next year, but will keep everything in mind :)

PTP15
07-09-2011, 19:23
Does anybody know what's happening with this development on the golf course?
It's derelict.
Is there legal action.
Will it open again?