PDA

View Full Version : The "I am so tired!" blog

Balcony
17-08-2011, 07:38
It seems like yesterday, but it was 2 years ago when we had a new kitchen fitted in Tenerife. I can remember starting the refit off by 'baby-sitting' the fitters til I worked out they were fine and then went out for large parts of the day. The week it took passed by fairly quickly, though usually with end of day clean-ups!

Here I am in the UK and we're had a new tiled floor laid in the kitchen, hall and downstairs loo and now getting close to completion of a new kitchen. It's the middle of the second week and, hopefully, today the last of the appliances are fitted and power connected. Is it typical that fitters seem to me to work in an ****-up'ard way? For example, tiles laid to the floor, but not yet grouted - they'll do when the tiler tiles the walls (unlike in Tenerife where a single wall was pre-tiled prior to the fit).

After that the loo/basin should be replaced fairly quickly.

Throughout, our two cats have been spooked into sleeping in our office most of the day, emerging immediately (I mean immediately) the fitters have left! But one has also taken to bouncing all over me at 4.30am, which is not so much of a problem as I get up early anyway, but with the fitters here I can't catch up with a few zzz'z during the day! Yesterday I was about ready to collapse and willing the fitters to go home. LOL

Meanwhile, a garden guy came to quote for laying new paths and building a new wall and my wife changed her requirement from slabs to paviours - to slabs!

This weekend looks like we become the cleaning squad (at least, hopefully) and will be running around looking a stones, plus inspecting some earlier work by the garden guy.

Meanwhile, my wife has started to book flights for next year.....

I am so tired!