PDA

View Full Version : Are Tenerife Forum members being inundated with charity bags in the UK?

DaveRF
05-06-2011, 19:30
We've had another 2 through the door today which makes 9 this week. I have to wonder how many people actually use them and how much it cost the charities to produce them? Could the money not be better spent on the charitable purpose?

onelegnofeet
05-06-2011, 19:37
I would be pleased if when you did fill them they actually came back to pick them up ..............still they come in handy to take to any of the other charity sshops ,as many we get through the door (eastern eoropean ) dont have shops here

DaveRF
05-06-2011, 19:40
I would be pleased if when you did fill them they actually came back to pick them up ..............still they come in handy to take to any of the other charity sshops ,as many we get through the door (eastern eoropean ) dont have shops here

A lot of people I speak to moan about the fact they fill them and leave them out only to find they are not being collected.

The latest thing we have locally is a place you can take bags of old clothes and you get paid per kilo for what you take. I've heard that people are stealing charity bags and taking them to get paid for them.

marbro8
05-06-2011, 19:41
I would be pleased if when you did fill them they actually came back to pick them up ..............still they come in handy to take to any of the other charity sshops ,as many we get through the door (eastern eoropean ) dont have shops hereit's mostly a con, you can actualy get £1700 a ton for old clothes now, it is more profitable than scrap, my mate has just started doing it and is making a mint???

onelegnofeet
05-06-2011, 19:43
We once left some bags out after a Bank holiday forgetting the Dusties were running a day behind ...........surely they could read what was on the bag ,But No !!!

it's mostly a con, you can actualy get £1700 a ton for old clothes now, it is more profitable than scrap, my mate has just started doing it and is making a mint???

Making a mint out of clothes with a hole in ...............Wow Polos

warbey
05-06-2011, 20:10
Charity is big business. and all these flamin bags proves it.
What I wonder , is what makes them decide WHERE to deposit them,
Have You got a Mansion Dave..... Didnt think so
Wealthy People throw nowt away..

wen53
06-06-2011, 00:23
I have a kitchen cupboard with...(hang on, I'll just go and count.......)....12 of them in it. I always give my items to my local charity shop in my village so I keep them for emergency use when I run out of black in bags.

with cheese
06-06-2011, 00:38
it's mostly a con, you can actualy get £1700 a ton for old clothes now, it is more profitable than scrap, my mate has just started doing it and is making a mint???
Wondered what Ben was up to why OH was away.

Leam_Lin
06-06-2011, 08:00
The amount of bags we receive in a week is unbelievable, most of the individuals delivering them have their eyes everywhere....

Sundowner
06-06-2011, 11:28
If you read the small print on most of these bags you will see it is a business collecting your old clothes not a charity. However they do say that they make donations to charities, but have to say that they are useful for getting rid of unwanted clothes.

Nicky
06-06-2011, 12:55
I have 3 bags full of stuff for them but as been mentioned already, nobody came back to collect the stuff... It gets confusing with so many bags coming in and different days of pick ups as well... that have given in.... might just go into one of the local shops and ask if they can send someone up to collect the stuff I have already.