PDA

View Full Version : What are the State Retirement Pensions in Tenerife and in the UK?

timmylish
18-08-2011, 00:28
Although some 20 months away (and I can therefor not use the predictor on line for UK enquiries) from my arrival at the doors to permanent retirement I would like to know the amounts paid out in each country for a single man. Just presume that it is the full amount payable.
Many thanks.:D

Goforgold
18-08-2011, 09:05
The Government are/were talking about bringing in a flat rate pension of approx £140/150 per week in today's prices. Unfortunately not to be paid to anyone already claiming a Pension. It's anyone's guess as to whether this will happen.

If you check out the Gov website it should show you today's rates, which will vary if you've paid Graduated Pension etc over the years.

junglejim
18-08-2011, 09:39
Although some 20 months away (and I can therefor not use the predictor on line for UK enquiries) from my arrival at the doors to permanent retirement I would like to know the amounts paid out in each country for a single man. Just presume that it is the full amount payable.
Many thanks.:D
Not quite sure what you're looking for , but with 30 yrs contributions in UK it's about 102 quid a week in Uk before tax for a single person / claiming on partner's contributions is about 61 quid I think ( I'm not old enough yet Timmy ! )

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_193032

The flat rate hasn´t been passed yet and not due until 2016 at earliest for NEW retirees - ie if you´re already retired you keep the old rate!

timmylish
18-08-2011, 14:42
GFG & Jim.
Many thanks for the information which does beg the perennial question. Why increase the rates if only those who ARE to retire are to benefit (no pun intended on this occasion!). Also its clear that I cannot possibly achieve the full rate since I have lived , worked and paid my taxes here in Spain for a number of years and hence my enquiry on Spanish rates as I presume that they will be conjoined for the relevant periods of employment in both countries! Hopefully someone will now answer the remaining question.

junglejim
18-08-2011, 15:12
GFG & Jim.
Many thanks for the information which does beg the perennial question. Why increase the rates if only those who ARE to retire are to benefit (no pun intended on this occasion!). Also its clear that I cannot possibly achieve the full rate since I have lived , worked and paid my taxes here in Spain for a number of years and hence my enquiry on Spanish rates as I presume that they will be conjoined for the relevant periods of employment in both countries! Hopefully someone will now answer the remaining question.
Don't know if this will help part of your calculation Timmy , if you have worked in UK and paid NI ?
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensionsandretirementplanning/StatePension/DG_184319

timmylish
18-08-2011, 16:16
Thanks Jim. But as it states, this tool only relates to people who currently reside in the UK and pay their contributions there!

junglejim
18-08-2011, 16:20
Thanks Jim. But as it states, this tool only relates to people who currently reside in the UK and pay their contributions there!
Yes but doesn´t it then give an indication of what UK scheme would give you for your contributions when you worked there Timmy ?
Not sure how it fits in with working in 2 or more countries though ?