PDA

View Full Version : Pricing of new cars on Tenerife.

timmylish
18-08-2011, 00:40
Looking around at most of the dealerships in the South they all seem to be putting the boat out looking for business by offering "Manufacturers Discounts" which, is not really a surprise considering the state of the market. My question is twofold and I apologise if the first part has been dealt with before.
Since the Canaries fiscal system differs to the Peninsula and the VAT/IGIC rates are different, why are prices on new vehicles almost identical here and on the Mainland. Vat there is 18% (if I remember correctly) and ours is just under 6%. On a car at 20K that one item makes quite a difference. In fact I see that Ramecar (?) in Las Chafiras (BMW/FORD) have in their windows the claim to being Tax Free!
Since I have raised the stated "Manufacturers Discount" do you think that there are even more to come or have we reached a point whereby the pricing of new cars will, generally speaking, stay at their present and not drop any further. I know, I know if we all had a crystal ball etc etc. Please give these points a thought and let us all know what you think.:spin:

timmylish
18-08-2011, 14:44
Not even one comment? Strange. Surely others on here must have given thought to these 2 points?

Suej
18-08-2011, 15:55
Timmy they add the discount on the price then take it off when you purchase the car! itīs a win win situation for the dealers. thatīs my opinion anyway!

timmylish
18-08-2011, 16:13
Timmy they add the discount on the price then take it off when you purchase the car! itīs a win win situation for the dealers. thatīs my opinion anyway!

Not so, certainly at the moment. New car prices are stated by each dealer, advertising and on the web etc. They then offer discounts on that price. The prices for new cars are currently similar in most of Europe, to include the taxes in that respective country so, I just don,t understand why the prices here are similar, considering that we have the lowest, face value taxes anywhere and particularly when the VAT or equivalent (IGIC) here is substantially lower than elsewhere.

chocaholic
18-08-2011, 16:13
I was tempred by the advertising hoardings but found when visiting the dealers Seat, Renault, Ford and Toyota these so called cheap deals are not available to buy and was given prices of several thousand more

timmylish
18-08-2011, 18:04
I was tempred by the advertising hoardings but found when visiting the dealers Seat, Renault, Ford and Toyota these so called cheap deals are not available to buy and was given prices of several thousand more

Oh. Yes. Those hoardings are, to say the least, ambiguous in giving the impression of the actual pricing. Hyundai are culprits in this to-gether with Renault. When looking for a particular car I,ve found companies like Ford and Mitsubishi to clearly show their prices on their sites on the internet. In that regard you can got to Ford site and modify the car you want and they give the price, after "manufacturers discount" have been deducted. Cannot ask for more than that. You might, like we did, still be able to negotiate further local discounts or deals to your satisfaction. Mark at Ashro has just explained the reasons for pricing being similar here and on the Peninsula. Yep! Taxation or should I say, Import Duties here.

tactileman
18-08-2011, 19:16
Well with the way that new cars depreciate you might be better off looking for a decent, low mileage second-hand car - try www.tenercoche.com or have a day out in the La Laguna area, lots more dealers there. I know the Seat dealership always has a good choice. Happy hunting.

Nikas
20-08-2011, 13:01
http://www.coches.net/ is also good for second-hand car. Just put provincia - Santa Cruz de Tenerife. For me I think it is good to buy really good condition, with all history, low mileage second-hand car for lower price. But here sometimes I am confused that second-hand car (cheaper ones) cost almost same as new at dealer. Maybe just at dealer you need to pay more for air conditioner and etc. But it is new car. Good luck. :)

princessmonika
21-08-2011, 06:34
air con. very important i am looking for a polo or golf new or secondhand but diesel , low maintenance no points and plugs.

but i looked around,and angelo bello in las chariras quoted me for polo and golf so i will see them next week , see if i can get a good deal

TIS
21-08-2011, 09:06
air con. very important i am looking for a polo or golf new or secondhand but diesel , low maintenance no points and plugs.

but i looked around,and angelo bello in las chariras quoted me for polo and golf so i will see them next week , see if i can get a good deal
Best of luck with getting a great deal. Send us your details and we'll do you some insurance!

princessmonika
21-08-2011, 09:14
hi i will see what you can offer, when i get the car what is your first name - i think i talked to you before about house insurance,

TIS
21-08-2011, 14:47
hi i will see what you can offer, when i get the car what is your first name - i think i talked to you before about house insurance,
Yes, That's correct.

Chris here : http://www.tenerifeinsurance.biz

Vortex Wake
23-04-2012, 12:16
Tenerife Southern region Flight terminal was known as Southern region Reina Sofia before it got its name these days. More than a number of thousand travelers has visited through manchester international hallways, with most of them traveling to the isle for some seaside experience.

Something got lost in translation ;)