PDA

View Full Version : They’re watching you! New road cameras installed in Tenerife

Faraway
17-06-2011, 15:33
I know I've asked this before (and I'm not obsessed with speeding....) but is that a speed camera that I've spotted on the old road coming down the hill from Los Cris to the roundabout at Las Galletas? It's on the left and I always seem to be overtaking someone at that point but not sure if the camera is actually pointing at TF1 or this slip road? Nothing seems to happen when I pass it - not sure if they are supposed to flash or something?

garlicbread
17-06-2011, 16:06
There are 4 speed cameras on the TF autopistas
1. going north on the TF1 at Las Caletillas nr Candelaria
2. going west on the TF1 just past the south airport turnoff
3. going south west on the TF5 near Guamasa
4. going south west on the TF5 near El Sauzal

Stay below 110 and you'll be OK

timmylish
17-06-2011, 17:20
I know I've asked this before (and I'm not obsessed with speeding....) but is that a speed camera that I've spotted on the old road coming down the hill from Los Cris to the roundabout at Las Galletas? It's on the left and I always seem to be overtaking someone at that point but not sure if the camera is actually pointing at TF1 or this slip road? Nothing seems to happen when I pass it - not sure if they are supposed to flash or something?

Well, for one, I,m totally lost with your place description. Los Cristianos and Las Galletas are kilometers apart and anyway, how can you come DOWN from LC ! ?

Faraway
17-06-2011, 18:46
It's on the old back road coming out of Los Cris, past that garage, then down the hill and heading down to the roundabout at Las Galletas - it runs parallel with TF1 for a while and I'm sure that is a camera there on the left hand side just before the roundabout!

imablue
17-06-2011, 19:43
i think you mean the roundabout at "Guaza?".......

Faraway
17-06-2011, 22:30
Oooops - yes I did, thank you - well, it is a Friday! Anyway is that a speed camera? Gonna have another look in the morning

lesbroz
17-06-2011, 22:33
It's on the old back road coming out of Los Cris, past that garage, then down the hill and heading down to the roundabout at Las Galletas - it runs parallel with TF1 for a while and I'm sure that is a camera there on the left hand side just before the roundabout!

Do you mean the road down to Guaza?

Canarian Weekly
18-08-2011, 17:11
THE Cabildo of Tenerife has recently completed the installation of 36 new surveillance camera points on the TF-1 motorway. The cameras cover all the way from Santa Cruz to Armeņime in Adeje, there are also eight cameras in the ‘Guincho’ tunnel linking Icod and Garachico. In a press release, the Cabildo reported that the installation [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/they%e2%80%99re-watching-you/)

YOUNG GOLFER
18-08-2011, 17:25
Great news let's hope they catch a few of these idiots who are bombing up and down the motorway.

KirstyJay
18-08-2011, 17:28
Great news let's hope the catch a few of these idiots who are bombing up and down the motorway.or the idiots might slow down a bit!

Suej
18-08-2011, 17:29
What a good idea to have news brought to us on the forum!! Thanks Canarian weekly!

Added after 2 minutes:

or the idiots might slow down a bit!
I wonder how much it cost to have all the new signs made and erected for the reduced speed limits and then put all the old ones back?:confused:

doreen
18-08-2011, 17:42
I think I need to print this off and put on the desks of some colleagues

(no, not DJD :lol:)

babybadger
22-08-2011, 09:31
There is also another one going North by the McDonalds near Candelaria on the TF-1 just as it goes into 100km/h ;) it's apparently on a electricity Pylon and is a fixed camera.

slodgedad
22-08-2011, 20:45
I have been reading the German press (Tenerife) and it was reported the other day that 36 more 'cameras' have been set up in the past week bringing to a total over 140 covering the motorways.

Not speed cameras as such but Big Brother is getting here.

Found nothing in the local (British or Canarian) press

Indigo
22-08-2011, 22:53

i think i know where you're on about and i think its just a sign for the bus stop

KirstyJay
22-08-2011, 23:00
I have been reading the German press (Tenerife) and it was reported the other day that 36 more 'cameras' have been set up in the past week bringing to a total over 140 covering the motorways.

Not speed cameras as such but Big Brother is getting here.Yes, I've merged the threads. :)