PDA

View Full Version : No holiday chaos in Tenerife…despite the Express newspaper!

Canarian Weekly
18-08-2011, 17:11
Tourism Board accuses British newspaper of scaremongering over ‘airport strikes’ TOURISTS bound for Tenerife this month were reassured today (Thursday) that their holidays were safe, despite a story in a British newspaper to the contrary. The Daily Express, which is also printed here on the Island, was accused of “scaremongering” by reporting a so-called three-day [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/no-holiday-chaos%e2%80%a6despite-the-express/)

YOUNG GOLFER
18-08-2011, 17:30
I like this bit the best what a idiot.

Daily Express Consumer Affairs Editor Dana Gloger, who wrote the story, told Canarian Weekly: “You’re right. I picked up last year’s story by mistake – but it’s only a few words.”

Actually, it was four words on the front page of a national newspaper, and four lines on page 4, highlighted in white type on a black background.

Ms Gloger called back after discussing her blunder with someone at the Express (her boss, presumably), and said: “I am not making a comment, and neither is the Express.”

Too late! She should have checked her facts – and the date of the information – before writing those damaging words for the front page of a fading newspaper, still read, though, by some two million people daily.

How can some plonker get away with writing stuff like this......hope this fool is now looking for a new job.

sunspot
18-08-2011, 17:43
Well said YG, what a plonker,check your facts first ,then print