PDA

View Full Version : Campaign for blood donors in Tenerife

Canarian Weekly
18-08-2011, 17:11
Blood donors required TENERIFE Health authorities are promoting a two-month blood-donor campaign under the slogan*De mi para ti*(From me to you), with TV and radio coverage, along with posters and extra mobile transport to accommodate the anticipated increase in donors. Adeje’s Canaries Cup event ADEJE will host the pre-Olympic Beach Volleyball tournament for the Continental [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/latest-local-news-round-up-3/)

sgd
18-08-2011, 21:39
Will they accept blood from UK people now? Last time I tried they would not take it because of the 'mad cow' situation from a few years back ...

Would be interested to donate again, I used to do when I was in the UK.

slodgedad
18-08-2011, 21:43
Will they accept blood from UK people now? Last time I tried they would not take it because of the 'mad cow' situation from a few years back ...

I remember there was a rule that if you had lived in the UK after 1995 you were barred.

I don't know if things have changed recently. We'd be interested to know too.

doreen
18-08-2011, 21:51

http://www.donarsangre.org/donacion_quien.htm#

This page tells who can and cannot donate .... for instance wait 3-6 months after surgery or up to one year if you had a transfusion, four months after getting a tattoo or piercing ... no mention of Mad Cow disease, but says the doctor will decide in all cases when it is opportune to donate :)

fonica
19-08-2011, 12:48
http://www.donarsangre.org/donacion_quien.htm#

This page tells who can and cannot donate .... for instance wait 3-6 months after surgery or up to one year if you had a transfusion, four months after getting a tattoo or piercing ... no mention of Mad Cow disease, but says the doctor will decide in all cases when it is opportune to donate :)I donated blood for years here and then when I went to the mobile unit in the South,they told me that I couldn't donate.I called the main office and they said that they would sort it out but never heard back.However I still donate at the Candalaria hospital without a problem.

offshore diver
19-08-2011, 16:51

yes i don t bother anymore as same happened to me in abu dhabi about 6 years ago ,they follow us regulations that if you lived in the uk late 80 s then chance you have mad cow disease etc ,and would nt accept donations

ineedholidays
19-08-2011, 20:18
Not sure about Tenerife but here in Gran Canaria I tried to donate blood at the hospital and the form you fill in prior to donation actually asks if you lived in the UK certain years in the 80's and if so you could not donate blood. This was roughly 5 years ago.