PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol and the Sun...

YOUNG GOLFER
18-08-2011, 17:18
Alcohol dehydrates your body. If alcohol is all you are drinking and you are out on a hot, sunny day, it's easy to see why the combination can be dangerous. A dehydrated body is more prone to heat exhaustion. Heat exhaustion can cause a person to have a high body temperature, be dizzy, or even go unconscious. Even worse, heat exhaustion that is not immediately taken care of can lead to a heat stroke.

So please be careful out here when on holiday.

The reason i have started this thread is because i have just seen a man around 75yrs fall down a flight of stairs and this is due to the fact he had one too many.

The Emergency services were called and i was very pleased to see a Police car arrive within minutes and the Ambulance a couple of minutes behind....they quickly went to work on the poor old guy and managed to bandage him up and take him to the Hospital.

Not the sort of holiday maker you would see drunk around 2pm in the afternoon but lucky for him the Emergency services were quick on the scene.

We have since found out he was a German holiday maker late 70s we think, and we also found the Hotel he was staying at.

So please guys even more so when it is as hot as it is right now take it easy on the Booze drink plenty of water.:wink2:

KirstyJay
18-08-2011, 18:03
Thanks for that. I have put you post in the article repository :)

YOUNG GOLFER
18-08-2011, 18:05
Thanks for that. I have put you post in the article repository :)

whats that in English ?:o:confused:

KirstyJay
18-08-2011, 18:07
whats that in English ?:o:confused:

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/content.php?125-tenerife ;)

warbey
18-08-2011, 19:24
This can also lead to deep vein thrombosis. Especially if Flying Homewards later on.
This is something discovered Later (if yuore lucky enough) BE WARNED.

One of the first things on arrival should be to get a supply of drinking water as a must..

offshore diver
20-08-2011, 13:37
was he scottish or irish ? ,this girl i met from glasgow in the irish nightclub now closed ,by the rumpot , a few days later so drunk fell asleep in some corner all night inside ,was woken by the cleaners in the morning , then 2 days later missed her flight home ,stoped with me till she got another flight back ,definitely big drinkers in scotland

MaxineC
20-08-2011, 17:25
was he scottish or irish ? ,this girl i met from glasgow in the irish nightclub now closed ,by the rumpot , a few days later so drunk fell asleep in some corner all night inside ,was woken by the cleaners in the morning , then 2 days later missed her flight home ,stoped with me till she got another flight back ,definitely big drinkers in scotland

YG States he was German...

karinagal
20-08-2011, 19:12

Personal opinion or scientific fact?

marbro8
20-08-2011, 21:20
i never drink before 7.00pm, i have only partaken of a pint once on an afternoon in tenerife and that was because it is my favorite beach bar, the one near where soundchaser play , with the green recliner deck chairs, it was heaven:yum:

Andy0210
21-08-2011, 04:37

That would be OīReillys, those were the days! :)

Personal opinion or scientific fact?

Scientific fact, they donīt brew Whisky in England or Wales yet they brew it in both Ireland and Scotland.......... That has to be for a reason, surely ??? :hide:

i never drink before 7.00pm, i have only partaken of a pint once on an afternoon in tenerife and that was because it is my favorite beach bar, the one near where soundchaser play , with the green recliner deck chairs, it was heaven:yum:

I never drink before 7.00 PM either but sometimes the day before runs in tomorrow, does that count ??? :whistle:

Ecky Thump
21-08-2011, 08:58
Scientific fact, they donīt brew Whisky in England or Wales yet they brew it in both Ireland and Scotland.......... That has to be for a reason, surely ??? :hide:

Wrong.........Whisky is made in Wales and Scotland, but not England or Ireland.:raspberry2:

Fact....in Ireland they make Whiskey!;)

karinagal
21-08-2011, 10:34

:whistle:

It's to do with the purity of the water supply - or so I've been told! Whisky, AKA the water of life, needs an untainted water supply.....

Can't drink the stuff though (whisky) - the smell of it turns my stomach....

---
- Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Andy0210
21-08-2011, 14:19
Thing is they just get younger and younger, where are the parents ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cds7lSHawAw

granny57
22-08-2011, 13:20
read with interest on the drinking in the sun i agree does not make a good combination although myself drink water mostly only partake of alchokl about once a fortnight lol but you certainly see the younger generation over doing things no matter where they come from

roserolleyes2:

KirstyJay
01-09-2011, 13:11
you certainly see the younger generation over doing things no matter where they come from

roserolleyes2:The older generation can be just as bad!

star light
01-09-2011, 19:17
I come from Scotland and have to say i was a whisky drinker but not drank for a long time but at one point did like a tipple of the malt stuff.
One thing i have noticed over here because i don't drink is the amount of other people that are just doing the right thing and drinking water during the day.Some places the water costs more than a pint and i don't think this helps.

caroll72
01-09-2011, 21:55
First day/night can also be the worst time for drinking alcohol to excess.
People are tired & jetlagged from their long journey & often tend to go OTT cos they're back in Tenerife.
It's easy to get carried away, done it myself too. A bit hard to do, but best to take it easy on the first night.;)

Balcony
02-09-2011, 17:54
It seems we always arrive at our apartment, quite hot. We drink some water and unpack - put everything away and head for the pool bar. I have been known to down more pints than I should. After that it's sensible drinking.

We walk around a good deal in town and around and I enjoy stopping for a pint during the day and just sitting/relaxing. But you can feel the effects sometimes of just one pint in the sun. Makes me more tired than anything. I actually don't like that!

First day/night can also be the worst time for drinking alcohol to excess.
People are tired & jetlagged from their long journey & often tend to go OTT cos they're back in Tenerife.
It's easy to get carried away, done it myself too. A bit hard to do, but best to take it easy on the first night.;)