PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment acts in south Tenerife

golazzo
18-08-2011, 17:56
Would be a great help if anyone can list what current acts are performing on the island at which bars and which nights.

I've seen the likes of Dion, Rod Stewart, Chubby, Billy Connolly. But nothing against those acts but looking for something different.

We will be staying opposite El Mirador but willing to get about but we only have one week to fit it all in

Cheers

churnlobster
18-08-2011, 19:36
I suggest you try the El Mirador strip opposite, O'Jangles has a great range of acts from Rock to Motown and comedy as well,(check the board outside for whats on that week), and all different from the ones you have mentioned and also down on the front in Los Chris, Dreamers has some good acts and also the Red Lion 20ft from Dreamers.
Hope that helps a little

Sal
18-08-2011, 19:40
If you like rock music (with a bit of variety) I can recommend Crush who play Bar 39 and Shambles on El Mirador strip. Sorry not sure of which nights.

AL JAY
18-08-2011, 19:46
I would also recommend going to see Mike Carlton at St Eugens bar in Torviscas, He has won the top compere title for a few years on the trot now,he also has a great voice as well as being a top entertainer/funny guy and they have top acts on as well!!!

http://www.mikecarltontenerife.com/mike-carlton-compere-eugenes-cabaret-bar-tenerife/index.php?page=home-mike-carlton-compere-eugens-bar-tenerife

ali marshall
18-08-2011, 21:21
Comedy elvis at bar 39 on a tuesday night,up the mirador strip,very funny,my dad cannot stand elvis shows but he even left with face ache from laughing so much.

Medman
18-08-2011, 22:18
Agree with Sal, you must catch Crush. Also IMO a guy worth seeing is Paul Stone with his tribute to Billy Idol. Also Billy Porter, very gay but very funny.

slodgedad
18-08-2011, 22:50
Comedy elvis at bar 39 on a tuesday night,up the mirador strip,very funny,my dad cannot stand elvis shows but he even left with face ache from laughing so much.

I agree. Unless an act looks and sounds authentic they are on a loser.

Acts that tribute, tongue in cheek, are far more entertaining.

I have never been an Elvis fan, despite my longevity, but Isaacs always makes me laugh..

poshbird22
19-08-2011, 10:17
That would be a really good idea.
New guy on the block singing at Beverley Hills Club on Tuesday 23rd. Les Budd. Soul and Motown. Cracking voice. Just moved here from England.

Jackie Buyer
19-08-2011, 14:06
Michael Buble & Meat Loaf tribute act at Peurto Colon Beach Bar Restaurant well worth a look
Also Neil Diamond tribute at Bay View bar

seanocelt
19-08-2011, 15:35
That guy SEAN :) packing them in at O Jangles lately, live stuff, great atmosphere, then acts and more music till 1.30. Biased? Me??

HEARTROCK
29-08-2011, 23:35
hi there, we´re a new rock bar called HEART ROCK TENERIFE that just opened in los cristianos with live rock musicians actually playing live instruments,...!!! no mp3 players or else..!!
real rock music live gigs,.. with bands like SOUNDCHASER, EB11, ESKIMALES DEL SUR, A.M.M.

WE´RE AT C.C. SAN TELMO, LOC. 12E, LOS CRISTIANOS

Villafan
31-08-2011, 18:56
hi there, we´re a new rock bar called HEART ROCK TENERIFE that just opened in los cristianos with live rock musicians actually playing live instruments,...!!! no mp3 players or else..!!
real rock music live gigs,.. with bands like SOUNDCHASER, EB11, ESKIMALES DEL SUR, A.M.M.

WE´RE AT C.C. SAN TELMO, LOC. 12E, LOS CRISTIANOS

Can you tell me when Soundchaser are on. Cheers

Roadkingrider
01-09-2011, 18:04
The same ones as 10 years ago I would have thought! Few good exceptions, but mostly dated, karaoke or very unfunny. There's a bloke who bills himself as Freddie Starr, truly dreadful - an insult to Freddie Starr..........and that's saying something!

irishmusico
01-09-2011, 19:20
If you like rock music (with a bit of variety) I can recommend Crush who play Bar 39 and Shambles on El Mirador strip. Sorry not sure of which nights.

Thanks Sal.That would be Bar 39 on Fridays and Shambles on Wednesdays.

power_scouse
03-09-2011, 18:02
wild boys at chasers, really good in my opinion, we went there twice in 2009, hopefully there still there this year.

slodgedad
03-09-2011, 22:22
The same ones as 10 years ago I would have thought! Few good exceptions, but mostly dated, karaoke or very unfunny. There's a bloke who bills himself as Freddie Starr, truly dreadful - an insult to Freddie Starr..........and that's saying something!

Can't say I agree. I never found the real Freddie Starr funny at all, but Buddy Graham makes me laugh.

golazzo
07-09-2011, 08:27
Thinking of going to see Billy Porter tonight at the Market Tavern

Medman
07-09-2011, 09:30
Thinking of going to see Billy Porter tonight at the Market Tavern

Good idea, I can recommend him as long as you are not easily offended. I even bought his DVD the last time. Really gay but really funny. :crylaughing: Didn't think I would like him but pleasantly surprised.

jack oakley
07-09-2011, 10:07
If you or anyone can get to Aries Bar on the Amarilla on saturday the 17th you will see the truly sensational musician/singer JOEL DAVID, they really don't come any better, 3 to 4 hours of non-stop music of every genre.
www.myspace.com/joeldavidintheuk Jack.O

Jackie Buyer
07-09-2011, 12:32
Can't say I agree. I never found the real Freddie Starr funny at all, but Buddy Graham makes me laugh.
We always enjoyed Buddy Graham & had a good laugh, seen him late last year & he was obviously not very well & it affected his act, hope he's recovered

stringfellas
07-09-2011, 12:53
If you like Soul Reggae and Motown go to BoJangles on friday night see Mikey Mike he is on around 11.30 good act in a nice bar

Villafan
07-09-2011, 13:12
Can anyone tell me if Biba is still at thye Full Monty on the Patch.

michele
08-09-2011, 09:06

hi this was xmas eve 2010...our daughter loved bitter and twisted in fits of laughter...many years ago in beverley hills club...she was over the moon when we found sister act a good show by one half of the duo..each visit we have to track down lol..x

ednikk
09-09-2011, 21:33
Hi,

I have seen many of the older acts which have been playing around Tenerife in the bars and hotels and was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that has any new, good acts?

churnlobster
10-09-2011, 13:23
What genre or style of music/act do you prefer?
There are a few new acts but depends on what you like.

Harlequin
18-10-2011, 12:57
If you like Soul Reggae and Motown go to BoJangles on friday night see Mikey Mike he is on around 11.30 good act in a nice bar

Hi stringfellas. I've been trying to PM you, could you get in touch please...?

Jackie Buyer
18-10-2011, 13:06
Just back from Tenerife & managed to see the Pip Brown tribute to Michael Buble at Colon Beach, it was excellent, also saw Joe Harriett & the Drifterws at Divine Soul another excellent show

malagabob
18-10-2011, 14:46
Can someone give me an idea of locations of bars mentioned in the posts here, thanks in advance

Jackie Buyer
18-10-2011, 14:49
Malagabob
Colon Beach Bar is directly below the Marina in PLDA
Divine Soul (Fanabe) - is a few hundred yards along from Colon Beach just keep to the coast & you will eventually find it

West mids tyke
25-10-2011, 10:43
anybody know where i can find a neil diamond tribute act and robbie williams tribute in los cristianos or playa

jack oakley
25-10-2011, 11:08
anybody know where i can find a neil diamond tribute act and robbie williams tribute in los cristianos or playa

If you look under every loose rock or dustbin you'll find one. Jack.O

Angusjim
25-10-2011, 12:37

Charlie Hodge is your man for Neil Diamond think he appears at O Jangles:)

West mids tyke
25-10-2011, 14:19
Charlie Hodge is your man for Neil Diamond think he appears at O Jangles:)

thanks for that mate, we willbe in o jangles a few times so will prob see him there

poshbird22
11-11-2011, 18:04
Tonight: Les Budd at St Eugenes, 1130pm and tomoz at Paradise Club, PDLA 10PM. A new act to the island singing Soul and Motown. Looking for venues please. Buddy Graham at Sandys Bar ( opposite Tenerife Sur) Saturday from 9pm. This venue is showing acts on a Thursday attemting to drum up some interest. Cheers guys

CWalters
30-12-2011, 23:58
Hi where is the Beverley Hills Club, he sounds really good, thanks

roby04xp
15-01-2012, 12:48
Hello! Does somebody know how to get in touch with Joel David? Thank you in advance..

tenerife-lover
15-01-2012, 22:35
Hello! Does somebody know how to get in touch with Joel David? Thank you in advance..
Yes, go to website JoelDavidbegfriendfollowers.co.uk

Hope this helps. :bootyshake:

jack oakley
17-01-2012, 11:31

His website is www.myspace.com/joeldavidintheuk he is on the island till next monday 23rd jan and i have just seen him having breakfast in Aries Bar on the Amarilla, he is going from there to medano beach and will be at PLACERES restaurant tonite ....hope that helps. Jack.o

sunshinezz
17-01-2012, 13:17
Has anyone else seen the show in Shambles Los Cristianos that the staff from there put together fortnightly wednesdays at 10-30 well thought I would have a look and was very supprised a brilliant night very comical,light hearted entertainment from five individuals who just decided to do something different.

jack oakley
17-01-2012, 19:16
Meant to add that he is not performing at Placeres in Los Abrigos tonite he is just going there for dinner, i don't think he is performing anywhere this week?? which is disappointing as he is a superb and unique entertainer.

COLLINSDJ
20-03-2012, 00:13
Did anyone ever put an updated list of gigs together

heading out there in a few weeks and want to start planning my nights out !!!!

Nerbie
20-03-2012, 21:26
Just back from Los Cristianos . Very good shows in Mikeys Bar in El Mirador area from Sebastian and Mr D . Mainly Soul and Motown but very adaptable and can sing requests from any customers in the bar .

jase.2
27-03-2012, 20:45
Hi Guys

Back over again next week and wondering if anyone can recommend where has decent entertainment / acts on and on what nights? They have probably all changed bars / nights since I was there 6 months ago.

Any recommendations appreciated to save chasing around bars looking for decent entertainment, would be great to have some ideas of what is on where and when in advance. Staying in LC but will wander round to PDLA and further for a decent night.

Thanks in advance

seanocelt
28-03-2012, 01:38
Jase, give a clue what you like. "decent", too vague, we have massive variety here, whats decent to you and where are you stayin? We WANT to help!

blackzed
28-03-2012, 10:39
Theres the jazzrock cafe opened up on the patch, has live music, real bands, no karaoke/tribute trash.

blackzed
28-03-2012, 10:45
The jazzrock cafe on the patch has real live bands ... no tribute/karaoke stuff. Worth taking a look and keeping REAL music live.

Bhamannette
28-03-2012, 13:29
if you like Rock, Soundchaser at In & Out Fanabe, they also play in Harleys and Jazz Bar
Dark Wizards play at In & Out & Harleys
Crush play Harleys
All live and very good.

jase.2
30-03-2012, 18:55
Jase, give a clue what you like. "decent", too vague, we have massive variety here, whats decent to you and where are you stayin? We WANT to help!

Thanks

Looking for any recommendations for good tribute acts, non heavy rock bands, good comedian etc

Last time I was there almost every night we seemed to go into a bar with the same Michael Buble act on lol so just looking for some recommendations and what nights / which bar etc

COLLINSDJ
03-04-2012, 00:14
Hi guys n gals

can anyone tell me what bars , with entertainment , are on the fanabe beach strip please

many thaks

jim

blackzed
03-04-2012, 09:41
What are you looking for?
Karaoke/Tribute ?
or
Real Musicians?

COLLINSDJ
03-04-2012, 10:08
Def no no no karaoke we want tribute and comedy acts really - we are out the 4 times a year and know that fanabe strip very well but planning our weeks entertainment and while most venues in americas / adaje have lineups online there is nothing for fanabe strip

tks

jim

Nerbie
03-04-2012, 15:23
If you are looking for a great night you MUST visit Divine Bar which is on furthest arc of bars from Las Americas on the seafront . This bar is owned and run by Joe Harriett who in my opinion is the best performer on the Island . Entertainment usually starts at around 9.15 when Joe will start things off with classic soul and motown tracks . There are usually three acts each night and include tributes to Drifters and Temptations when he is joined by others . Entertainment continues until around midnight . Best check who is on each night as Joe does take at least one night off . Enjoy

COLLINSDJ
03-04-2012, 16:27
great stuff - exactly what i wanted - i know the story with the rest of the entertainment bars about LA , but know there were good pubs in fanabe - many thanks

jim

chris
03-04-2012, 18:19
If you are looking for a great night you MUST visit Divine Bar which is on furthest arc of bars from Las Americas on the seafront . This bar is owned and run by Joe Harriett who in my opinion is the best performer on the Island . Entertainment usually starts at around 9.15 when Joe will start things off with classic soul and motown tracks . There are usually three acts each night and include tributes to Drifters and Temptations when he is joined by others . Entertainment continues until around midnight . Best check who is on each night as Joe does take at least one night off . Enjoy

yes spot on I visited the Divine Bar a couple of times in Jan/Feb this year not the cheapest of places but excellent entertainment.

chris

Sharonk
05-04-2012, 07:30
Whereabouts exactly is the Divine Bar please?

Nerbie
05-04-2012, 08:52
On the seafront at Fanabe there are a total of 4 sets of bars/cafes etc . Divine Bar is situated in the fourth set if walking from Las Americas . The Bar opens during the day for drinks and snacks and is a pleasant spot to take in the sun's rays on a nice day whilst looking out to sea . From 9.00pm the mood changes to that of a Soul and Motown type bar when it is a case of "letting the music play".

tonypub
05-04-2012, 08:55
saturday 14th april at the pub will be ged boltons rod stewart tribute,and the fantastic destiny duo.see link below for whereabouts:spin:andy maughns chubby brown show is on every tuesday 1030pm

Sharonk
05-04-2012, 20:20
Thanks Nerbie, I know where it is now, might have a wander down there next time we're in Tenerife. Ged Bolton is very good as Rod Stewart but he usually does Lazy Daze on the strip on Saturday nights.

jack oakley
23-04-2012, 12:05
Morning all, Just been on Los Abrigos Placeres Restaurant facebook page and discovered that JOEL DAVID is playing there on thursday 10th of may. 2911 i will be there if i can return from Barcelona in time. Enjoy..Jack.O

alice in wonderland
23-04-2012, 23:53
Morning all, Just been on Los Abrigos Placeres Restaurant facebook page and discovered that JOEL DAVID is playing there on thursday 10th of may. 2911 i will be there if i can return from Barcelona in time. Enjoy..Jack.O
Thank you for that information Jack, I saw Mr David performing at Aries bar 2 years ago and was quite mesmerised, he played and sang for FOUR HOURS non-stop, i have never seen a more talented entertainer. I "googled" him and came across this: www.wn.com/joel_david_old_bones I hope you get there, i certainly wish i could.

jonboy
26-04-2012, 10:35
Hi can somebody explain where the El Mirador is please

Nerbie
26-04-2012, 11:54
El Mirador is a residential complex within Los Cristianos and is within a number of gated entrances . Best way to find is to walk along beachfront at Los Cristianos .Walk along until more or less opposite the ferry port across water , and take a left turn just before a number of recently completed but not occupied retail units which have also been fenced off . From here walk up in a straight line past an amusement arcade , across road and keep walking up the long incline , past Victoria Court apartments on right and at the next junction you will reach first entrance to El Mirador . Keep walking & you will find start of a range of bars and restaurants including Taylors Lounge , Mikeys and Bojangles .

supergran
30-04-2012, 21:32
Hi, this might be on the wrong page, but can anyone tell me if Crush still play in Los Cristianos, we are coming over at the end of May for 2 weeks.

macdonald5
30-04-2012, 22:41
Hi, this might be on the wrong page, but can anyone tell me if Crush still play in Los Cristianos, we are coming over at the end of May for 2 weeks.

If any help,Crush were on at Harleys in Las Americas in January Was Saturdays if remember right

Electricwarrior
17-05-2012, 18:16
Hi Folks, i'm visiting Teneriffe for 1st time ever from sun 20th may to fri 25th may, would anyone know where charlie hodge, the neil Diamond tribute is performing that week, cheers Paul. PS - Are there any Glam Rock shows on the island, (as i perform an excellent one.)

Red Devil
17-05-2012, 19:30
El Mirador is a residential complex within Los Cristianos and is within a number of gated entrances . Best way to find is to walk along beachfront at Los Cristianos .Walk along until more or less opposite the ferry port across water , and take a left turn just before a number of recently completed but not occupied retail units which have also been fenced off . From here walk up in a straight line past an amusement arcade , across road and keep walking up the long incline , past Victoria Court apartments on right and at the next junction you will reach first entrance to El Mirador . Keep walking & you will find start of a range of bars and restaurants including Taylors Lounge , Mikeys and Bojangles .

It doesnt help that El Mirador doesnt show on many maps of the area yet.
It is actually just below Royal Palm and still usually shown as Paraise Royale 2 which I believe was what that site was originally going to be called.

COLLINSDJ
17-05-2012, 20:45
Hi Folks, i'm visiting Teneriffe for 1st time ever from sun 20th may to fri 25th may, would anyone know where charlie hodge, the neil Diamond tribute is performing that week, cheers Paul. PS - Are there any Glam Rock shows on the island, (as i perform an excellent one.)

CHARLIE HODGE USED TO BE IN THE CORNER BAR - PARQUE DE PAZ I THINK ITS CALLED. I LOVE GLAM ROCK AND HAVE FOUND ONLY GLAM SHOW
THAT IVE SEEN AROUND - CANT VOUCH FOR IT BUT WORTH A TRY - SEE WEBSITE
http://www.rumpot-tenerife.com/

HOPE IT WORKS OUT

JIM

Electricwarrior
18-05-2012, 01:10
Thanks Jim, I;ll make a note, i know charlies brother who does an Elvis show, Cheers, Paul.

malagabob
07-11-2012, 11:18
Are Paul Stone and Billy Piper still appearing at the moment. Any info on where, and on what nights. What acts are appearing at The Parque de la Paz strip of bars at the moment. Acts on at Bojangles and other bars at El Miradore. Red Lion. San Eugenios, Jersey Cow, Wigan Pier?

delgirl
07-11-2012, 12:28
paul stone is on Monday nights at St Eugene's

LyndaR
07-11-2012, 12:30
Paul Stone appears as Billy Idol at Dreamers on Saturday evenings. Great show; highly recommended.

Taylor
07-11-2012, 14:38
If you like Soul Music try the Soul Suite in the small strip behind Mare Nostrom, Mikey Mike Compare with lots of really good Individual singers every night.
Mike Carlton at St Eugenes Bar definately worth a look.
Dubliner Band at the Dubliners in the Playa. (Every Night)
The Blues Brothers catch them around various venues these 2 guys are very funny.

Medman
07-11-2012, 16:50
The Vagabonds at The Bulls Head on La Paz Strip every night till 1am. Always a great way to finish off your night. Great 4 piece live band.

junglejim
07-11-2012, 18:42
paul stone is on Monday nights at St Eugene's

Also Friday Night 23:00 at Irish Rover -just after happy hours! Mayhem!

Leam_Lin
07-11-2012, 19:38
Also Friday Night 23:00 at Irish Rover -just after happy hours! Mayhem!

Paul Stone gives his all, excellent entertainment, hairy armpits, asda in Nottingham, he certainly gets the crowd going.

Medman
07-11-2012, 23:42
Paul Stone gives his all, excellent entertainment, hairy armpits, asda in Nottingham, he certainly gets the crowd going.

Yeh Linda, said this before; no matter what size of crowd, he gets up there and goes for it. Not the best of singers but a genuine entertainer. Certainly earns his money. Knows how to work a crowd. Real nice guy to talk to as well.

Leam_Lin
08-11-2012, 07:19
Yes Norm, he his a nice guy & can certainly work & control the audience.

CASLAU
08-11-2012, 21:41
Hello we are over in Tenerife for a week over the New Year, we are AI but we still would like to see some good acts or listen to some good singers, where do all of you recommend we can go in the LA or LC either a short walk or a taxi ride would be okay.PS even better if the acts have a website.

SVFUN
08-11-2012, 22:36
Youve done it now going AI should of kept that quiet :nono:...

Back on topic id go and see Roxy Risque wherever he/she is ..Didnt think it would be my kind of thing first time i watched but it was a good night

CASLAU
08-11-2012, 22:54
Youve done it now going AI should of kept that quiet :nono:...

Back on topic id go and see Roxy Risque wherever he/she is ..Didnt think it would be my kind of thing first time i watched but it was a good night
Hi, Is AI really that frowned upon,i will probably lookout for that act as we can both enjoy a drag show.

Fivepence
08-11-2012, 22:59
Hi, Is AI really that frowned upon,i will probably lookout for that act as we can both enjoy a drag show.

I wasn't keen on the film! :D

tubs100
11-11-2012, 16:44
Its a couple of years since our last visit so looking forward to coming in a few weeks, Could anybody tell me if the following acts are still appearing in Tenerife & if so where we can see them:
George Pena
Trevor Martin
Dion
Thanks.

ukchrishowell
21-02-2013, 11:34
Just heard that Mike Carlton has left Eugenes and that he's keeping his options open. Hope he's not going to leave the island, had many a happy time in that bar.!

If you like Soul Music try the Soul Suite in the small strip behind Mare Nostrom, Mikey Mike Compare with lots of really good Individual singers every night.
Mike Carlton at St Eugenes Bar definately worth a look.
Dubliner Band at the Dubliners in the Playa. (Every Night)
The Blues Brothers catch them around various venues these 2 guys are very funny.

Blondeshrimp
21-02-2013, 11:43
Just heard that Mike Carlton has left Eugenes and that he's keeping his options open. Hope he's not going to leave the island, had many a happy time in that bar.!

Oh no!!!!! I'll be out there soon and was looking forward to seeing Mike, please let me know if he's appearing anywhere else.

LyndaR
21-02-2013, 11:48
If you like Motown try Motown Central City Show Bar in Los Cristianos. Used to be called O'Malleys. It's opposite the entrance to the Sunday Market, next to Big Bens. I'll be there in two weeks so will feed back but from what I've heard its going down a storm.

ukchrishowell
21-02-2013, 17:06
Oh no!!!!! I'll be out there soon and was looking forward to seeing Mike, please let me know if he's appearing anywhere else.

He hasn't said why as yet but all will be revealed soon I guess. What is one venues loss is another venues gain. Eugenes will be nothing without Mike.

LyndaR
05-04-2013, 12:50
Well I had a lovely week in Los Cristanios and fortunately missed all the storms of the previous week. The carnival was very good. Motown City Central Show Bar is FANTASTIC. If you like Motown this is the place to go. Be warned though they do ask for requests so make sure you go armed with plenty of motown songs. The venue is opposite the Sunday market in Los Cristianos and there's live music every night all dedicated to Motown. Not to be missed. :c2:

supergran
05-04-2013, 15:35
Well I had a lovely week in Los Cristanios and fortunately missed all the storms of the previous week. The carnival was very good. Motown City Central Show Bar is FANTASTIC. If you like Motown this is the place to go. Be warned though they do ask for requests so make sure you go armed with plenty of motown songs. The venue is opposite the Sunday market in Los Cristianos and there's live music every night all dedicated to Motown. Not to be missed. :c2:
Thanks , that's great news, we are going out there next week, I love Motown !!!

LyndaR
05-04-2013, 16:10
I hope you have a great time.

marbro8
05-04-2013, 17:36
Well I had a lovely week in Los Cristanios and fortunately missed all the storms of the previous week. The carnival was very good. Motown City Central Show Bar is FANTASTIC. If you like Motown this is the place to go. Be warned though they do ask for requests so make sure you go armed with plenty of motown songs. The venue is opposite the Sunday market in Los Cristianos and there's live music every night all dedicated to Motown. Not to be missed. :c2:i am sure someone said last week that it had closed down??? or is it just up for sale again:dontknow:

supergran
05-04-2013, 17:40
Oh I hope not, can anyone update ?

LyndaR
09-05-2013, 12:33
Well its taken all this time to find out whats going on. It appears that any form of music has been banded by the local authorities but I don't know how long for. It appears that some locals kept calling to complain; best thing is though you couldn't hear it from outside. I bit of jealousy I think.

supergran
09-05-2013, 12:40
Just back, the bar closed whilst we were there, because of complaints from the 2 bars to the right of it, not sure if I should name them on this forum. During our last week it reopened as the Queen Vic, no entertainment but had a few customers enjoying a sundowner drink.

LyndaR
09-05-2013, 12:51
You are quite right and like you I didn't want to name anyone. Shame really as that area needed to draw holidaymakers to it. Not sure who has it now as I'm waiting to hear back from my contact. Never mind there's still the Thistle & Dragon run by the same person; we'll go there in Oct. It just means we have further to walk, lol.

LyndaR
09-05-2013, 14:13
Well that says it all. Thanks for the update andyfm.

golazzo
09-05-2013, 17:52
Why shouldn't they be named. There's only 3/4 bars anyway. Big Ben. Desperate Dans. Jade bar. Norfolk Bar

LyndaR
10-05-2013, 10:10
I personally don't want to name them incase it comes back on my friend. She's gone through enough and spent a lot of money getting Motown going and it was a good place too. Andyfm put their initials so it doesn't take much to work it out.

seanocelt
10-05-2013, 13:14
There is a thread on Motown City Central Bar as well, thanks for the updates. I did live music a few door down at Nancy Spain's, never had 1 noise complaint in 4 months. (Canarian landlord). But the work inspectors came a few times, the above bars were blamed.

marbro8
10-05-2013, 20:19
There is a thread on Motown City Central Bar as well, thanks for the updates. I did live music a few door down at Nancy Spain's, never had 1 noise complaint in 4 months. (Canarian landlord). But the work inspectors came a few times, the above bars were blamed.is nancy spains still open sean? we had a nice meal there when it was eventually opened last may?

slodgedad
11-05-2013, 00:12
This thread was originally started with a question about acts in Tenerife. (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?8288-Entertainment-acts-in-south-Tenerife)

Can we get back on topic?

Off Topic posts will be removed when I have time.

I suggest some of the posts in here would be good thread staters.

seanocelt
11-05-2013, 01:07
No it closed down totally a few months back. It opened BACK ON TOPIC: i saw the singer in El Molino Blanco tonight, never ot a name, swing music, maybe Canarian/Spanish. Golden voice. I also caught a bit of Lesley Elvis Presley on a night i was off, what a hard worker.