PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else used Autoreisen for car hire in Tenerife?

power_scouse
18-08-2011, 19:58
ive booked a car for 2 weeks with autoreisen, is this company ok? it seems sound but you can never tell, also were good to go thats "off the beatin trak"? so i can make the most of the car.

Andy0210
18-08-2011, 20:01
Yeh they are about the best for value for money and very reputable. :)

Jackie
18-08-2011, 20:02
Only company my husband uses on a very regular basis and has done for many many years

dixie4
18-08-2011, 20:12
Autoreisen is very good at what it does I have used them loads of times. Take care where you drive it as underside damage, damage to tyres and rims are payable by the renter.
Their cars can be a little on the tatty side but it also means they are not charging for the odd scratch.

Suej
18-08-2011, 20:20
Two lots of friends who are owners over here use them all the time and have never complained so I would think they are fine!

Goforgold
19-08-2011, 17:10
ive booked a car for 2 weeks with autoreisen, is this company ok? it seems sound but you can never tell, also were good to go thats "off the beatin trak"? so i can make the most of the car.

We've used Autoreisen many times and now use Orca which is the same company on the same site at the Airport, but just a couple of euro cheaper - never had a problem. :)

BobMac
19-08-2011, 20:18
We always use them and we have friends on the island and they always recommend them.

power_scouse
19-08-2011, 20:29
thanks everyone, feel a bit better now. whats the roads like over there are they as mad as everyone says?

Goforgold
19-08-2011, 20:58
I think Tenerife is on a par with the UK for bad driving. Just need to keep your wits about you. :)

Jackie
19-08-2011, 22:23
thanks everyone, feel a bit better now. whats the roads like over there are they as mad as everyone says?

Just don't EVER EVER use the inside lane on a roundabout, you'll never get off lol

Andy0210
19-08-2011, 23:02

As a professional driver i can give you two rules to follow to stay safe!

1. Donīt think what you are going to do next, try and anticipate what everyone else around you is going to do next.

2. Expect the unexpected and slow down accordingly even if it turns out you was wrong what you was thinking they were thinking, especially on roundabouts.

If you follow all the normal driving rules but concentrate on the two i have just given you then you should be fine. :)