PDA

View Full Version : Are you a morning or afternoon person?

Suej
19-08-2011, 10:33
I get up in the morning around 9am and feel half asleep until at least 11am and cannot cope with any rushing around until lunchtime! come 10pm at night I´m wide awake and start doing jobs around the house I´m sure I could sit up all night reading a book! Are you the same? or up at the crack of dawn and raring to go but like to be in bed by 10 or 11pm! I hope this post makes sense because it´s still very early for me!:zzz:

YOUNG GOLFER
19-08-2011, 11:52
With two kiddies it's Morning Afternoon and Evening....

But have to say i love the evening times the best.

cainaries
19-08-2011, 13:00
Same as you, Suej. Sometimes here I seem to be sleepy all day and only really wake up when the sun goes down. (This sounds a bit ominous now I think about it). Very occasionally I wake up bright and early and get lots of chores done. I wish it happened more often.

Suej
19-08-2011, 13:33
.................................double post!

dede
19-08-2011, 13:45
Im probably more of a morning person as im up at 7 o'clock everyday, and i seem to be on the go all day, then about 4 oclock i can literally have a cat-nap of 2 or 3 minutes and then im fully charged of energy again, i dont really go to bed till after 11.30. so on the whole i think im an all-rounder:wink2::wink2::wink2:

cainaries
19-08-2011, 13:47
Im probably more of a morning person as im up at 7 o'clock everyday, and i seem to be on the go all day, then about 4 oclock i can literally have a cat-nap of 2 or 3 minutes and then im fully charged of energy again, i dont really go to bed till after 11.30. so on the whole i think im an all-rounder:wink2::wink2::wink2:

Exhausted just reading your post ...

:snore::snore:
:D:D

Malteser Monkey
19-08-2011, 14:20
I get up in the morning around 9am and feel half asleep until at least 11am and cannot cope with any rushing around until lunchtime! come 10pm at night I´m wide awake and start doing jobs around the house I´m sure I could sit up all night reading a book! Are you the same? or up at the crack of dawn and raring to go but like to be in bed by 10 or 11pm! I hope this post makes sense because it´s still very early for me!:zzz:

Same as you, Suej. Sometimes here I seem to be sleepy all day and only really wake up when the sun goes down. (This sounds a bit ominous now I think about it). Very occasionally I wake up bright and early and get lots of chores done. I wish it happened more often.

Thank god I thought it was just me ! Been off a week and all I am doing is sleeping ! I was beginning to think what a waste but if the body needs rest then rest it is.

When at work I'm up 6.20 and not back til 18.10 then you start again with dinner and washing etc.

I have to say I'm enjoying all the silly daytime programmes - bit of a novelty when you don't normally see them. Gino and Mel's lunchtime is funny - love his accent. Mind you think I will get fed up soon !

Shame the weather isn't so good - if that sun were to poke it's head out be on the balcony like that !

Thanks C and SueJ... what does that old bird Zara reckon and SusieF

We all know what Max is like (when in good health):D

Suej
19-08-2011, 15:01

Ha Ha dede! you´re just the type of person I love to hate!:raspberry2: I bet you sing in the morning too! Go back to bed!:laugh:

Added after 3 minutes:

Thank god I thought it was just me ! Been off a week and all I am doing is sleeping ! I was beginning to think what a waste but if the body needs rest then rest it is.

When at work I'm up 6.20 and not back til 18.10 then you start again with dinner and washing etc.

I have to say I'm enjoying all the silly daytime programmes - bit of a novelty when you don't normally see them. Gino and Mel's lunchtime is funny - love his accent. Mind you think I will get fed up soon !

Shame the weather isn't so good - if that sun were to poke it's head out be on the balcony like that !

Thanks C and SueJ... what does that old bird Zara reckon and SusieF

We all know what Max is like (when in good health):D

The reason I asked is because sometimes I look at posts at the crack of 11am to see that some have been posted at like 4 or 5am!!! now I know people might work that late, but then you see some that post at 6am in the morning! LOL!

sunspot
19-08-2011, 15:20
I am a afternoon person,i take 2 coffees and 3 ciggies befor im ready for any conversation then after work i have to chillout again for another couple of hours.
Hubby gets up early and is wide awake almost as soon as he gets out of bed...............i just wish he would shut up first thing in the morning

bonitatime
19-08-2011, 15:43
I tend to be a morning person although when I was young I worked nights so I guess I could go back to that. i would need some blackout curtains though as I wake just before ut gets light. This played havok with my body in England this summer.

dede
19-08-2011, 16:01
[QUOTE=Suej;83166]Ha Ha dede! you´re just the type of person I love to hate!:raspberry2: I bet you sing in the morning too! Go back to bed!:laugh:

Added after 3 minutes:

Oh I do have my off days,, and i love them.. just lazing around doing nothing but i find i get very tired when i have one of these. weird.rolleyes2:rolleyes2:

MaxineC
19-08-2011, 16:16
I'm definitely a night owl, irrespective of my health... I'm an absolute git in the mornings and could easily murder people. I need at least 3 cups of tea and half a pack of marlboro before I can be civil to anybody. Actually, nearly all the major rows I've had during my life have come about because somebody bugged me in the morning...

I should have a health warning tattooed on my forehead, warning people that if they talk to me before I'm ready, I'm likely to inflict serious harm on them... :D

Suej
19-08-2011, 16:20
[QUOTE=Suej;83166]Ha Ha dede! you´re just the type of person I love to hate!:raspberry2: I bet you sing in the morning too! Go back to bed!:laugh:

Added after 3 minutes:

Oh I do have my off days,, and i love them.. just lazing around doing nothing but i find i get very tired when i have one of these. weird.rolleyes2:rolleyes2:

That cos the less you do the less you wanna do! got to stay active! well done you!;)

Added after 2 minutes:

I'm definitely a night owl, irrespective of my health... I'm an absolute git in the mornings and could easily murder people. I need at least 3 cups of tea and half a pack of marlboro before I can be civil to anybody. Actually, nearly all the major rows I've had during my life have come about because somebody bugged me in the morning...

I should have a health warning tattooed on my forehead, warning people that if they talk to me before I'm ready, I'm likely to inflict serious harm on them... :D

I´m the same Max all my friends and family know the two things that get my blood boiling and that´s bugging in the morning or when I´m hungry!eek2::nono:

CIM
19-08-2011, 16:24
Afternoon person!
Get lots done between 12pm and 4pm and lots done after 7pm. Terrible in the mornings, feel tired until midday.

Suej
19-08-2011, 16:29
Afternoon person!
Get lots done between 12pm and 4pm and lots done after 7pm. Terrible in the mornings, feel tired until midday.

Well! it has to be the laid back Tenerife thing! so far most of us are PM´ers!:D

Goforgold
19-08-2011, 16:45
I'm neither a morning or afternoon person, it just depends how I feel on the day - very difficult to plan anything!! :)

MaxineC
19-08-2011, 16:59
I'm neither a morning or afternoon person, it just depends how I feel on the day - very difficult to plan anything!! :)

I believe the term you're looking for is awkward bugger.... :D

karinagal
19-08-2011, 17:09
I'm a definite evening person - takes a pound of semtex to get me out of bed in the morning. Partly due to working evenings, always need a couple of hours to wind down before bedtime..

Goforgold
19-08-2011, 17:12

That's the one!!! :D

I'm a definite evening person - takes a pound of semtex to get me out of bed in the morning. Partly due to working evenings, always need a couple of hours to wind down before bedtime..

What is Semtex - it sounds like something you'd use for filling in holes!! :)

Seriously does it wake you up? If so, I then need something that puts you to sleep!!!

Suej
19-08-2011, 17:15

I think the reason for GFG´s dilemma is she´s a bad sleeper! she´s very nice when she awake though!:laugh:

MaxineC
19-08-2011, 17:16

What is Semtex - it sounds like something you'd use for filling in holes!! :)

Seriously does it wake you up? If so, I then need something that puts you to sleep!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Semtex is dynamite, GFG, it's used for making very BIG holes! :D

CIM
19-08-2011, 17:18

Semtex will put you to sleep...

Goforgold
19-08-2011, 17:19
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Semtex is dynamite, GFG, it's used for making very BIG holes! :D

Oh right - so it does wake you up then!!! I thought it was something she ate!! :yum:

karinagal
19-08-2011, 17:23
Oh right - so it does wake you up then!!! I thought it was something she ate!! :yum:

No petal, you're thinking of senokot - that's a laxative.... it's meant to get you moving in the morning but in a completely different way!!!!!! :laugh:

Suej
19-08-2011, 17:25
Semtex will put you too sleep...

:laugh: As long as she doesn´t mind sleeping over there! and over there! and there!!!:spin:

Added after 3 minutes:

No petal, you're thinking of senokot - that's a laxative.... it's meant to get you moving in the morning but in a completely different way!!!!!! :laugh:

Semtex might work quite well for some people!:bolt:

Goforgold
19-08-2011, 18:02
I think the reason for GFG´s dilemma is she´s a bad sleeper! she´s very nice when she awake though!:laugh:

As you know I am a very bad sleeper but I'm still like a kid really. If I've got something exciting to do I jump straight out of bed and I'm wide awake. Mind you if I've got something exciting to do, I can't sleep either!!! The only thing that would get my OH jumping out of bed would be if a very young version of Bridget Bardot was knocking on his door to get in!!! :) oh and a race meeting to get to.

Ecky Thump
19-08-2011, 18:13
As you know I am a very bad sleeper but I'm still like a kid really. If I've got something exciting to do I jump straight out of bed and I'm wide awake. Mind you if I've got something exciting to do, I can't sleep either!!! The only thing that would get my OH jumping out of bed would be if a very young version of Bridget Bardot was knocking on his door to get in!!! :) oh and a race meeting to get to.

If I have any thing exciting to do,....its in bed!;)

MaxineC
19-08-2011, 18:33
If I have any thing exciting to do,....its in bed!;)

Variety is the spice of life, Ecky.... Try the kitchen! :whistle:

Goforgold
19-08-2011, 18:37

I like it!!!! ;)

You're on form Maxine, headache or no headache!!! :) :)

Ecky Thump
19-08-2011, 18:38

I used to have a Hillman Imp car and that had ankle straps.:wow:

I had better explain,they were really grab handles that hung over both doors, but my wife (girlfriend at the time) was gullible and believed me.

Goforgold
19-08-2011, 19:53
I used to have a Hillman Imp car and that had ankle straps.:wow:

I had better explain,they were really grab handles that hung over both doors, but my wife (girlfriend at the time) was gullible and believed me.

My second car was a Hillman Imp - cylinder head gasket went and my dad said it was the way I drove it!!! I didn't find out until year's later that it was probably to do with the aluminium bloc!! By the way my first car at 17, was an A40 - now plenty of room in that ;)

Ecky Thump
19-08-2011, 20:06
My second car was a Hillman Imp - cylinder head gasket went and my dad said it was the way I drove it!!! I didn't find out until year's later that it was probably to do with the aluminium bloc!! By the way my first car at 17, was an A40 - now plenty of room in that ;)

We always wanted a A40 Farina and thought that was the car to have, but never had one and now when you see them they look ugly, the best car I bought was a Ford V8 Pilot....A right Jack The Lad, but no money for petrol.:D

slodgedad
19-08-2011, 20:08

But what if you're not hungry?..:yum:

MaxineC
19-08-2011, 20:14
But what if you're not hungry?..:yum:

We need a long chat, Slodgie.... :wall: :D

cainaries
19-08-2011, 20:15

Those Hillman Imps were VERY well named. Mine broke down in the middle of Hammersmith Broadway on a rainy November Friday rush hour. One of those 'I'll hoot your horn, you drive my car' opportunities. It wasn't a morning or afternoon car, that's for sure.

Sal
19-08-2011, 20:24
Has this thread gone a little off topic? I am definitely a morning person - can get so much done, but by afternoon I want some me time.

Never had a Hillman Imp, but had a Hillman Minx and a Hillman Hunter - both good reliable cars!

Goforgold
19-08-2011, 20:50
Those Hillman Imps were VERY well named. Mine broke down in the middle of Hammersmith Broadway on a rainy November Friday rush hour. One of those 'I'll hoot your horn, you drive my car' opportunities. It wasn't a morning or afternoon car, that's for sure.

You had one too!! :)

I can remember the reg of my first car, that A40 - 25 COV - I can't remember what I did yesterday though, either in the morning or the afternoon!! :(

Sal
19-08-2011, 20:53
You had one too!! :)

I can remember the reg of my first car, that A40 - 25 COV - I can't remember what I did yesterday though, either in the morning or the afternoon!! :(

I know that feeling - soooooooooooo well! ;)

cainaries
19-08-2011, 20:55

Mine was kind of punk purple! Horrible car.

Yes, Sal, we've gone off topic but Suej probably won't mind :D:devil2:

I can't usually even work out which day it is for quite a while but .. first car was TCR 534 (nice Southampton reg for Ed3229).

Goforgold
19-08-2011, 21:02
Mine was kind of punk purple! Horrible car.

Yes, Sal, we've gone off topic but Suej probably won't mind :D:devil2:

I can't usually even work out which day it is for quite a while but .. first car was TCR 534 (nice Southampton reg for Ed3229).

My Imp was a sky blue. Now who is ED3229, was that the reg of your second car? ;)

No, Suej won't mind at all - she's nice like that!! :)

slodgedad
19-08-2011, 21:03
Cos of circumstance I am an all day person.

Sometimes I go to bed at 7 in the morning so am grumpy at 12.

Sometimes bed at midnight, grumpy at 7

Sometimes bed at 4 in the afternoon, grumpy now.

All said, I think grumpiness can be equated with jet lag. (Something I have never quite understood)

I kinda understand that if you go to bed at the same time forever then any change can be a problem, but If you only go to bed when your tired, as I do, the first hour whenever it may be is potential divorce time...:twak:

Goforgold
19-08-2011, 21:16
Cos of circumstance I am an all day person.

Sometimes I go to bed at 7 in the morning so am grumpy at 12.

Sometimes bed at midnight, grumpy at 7

Sometimes bed at 4 in the afternoon, grumpy now.

All said, I think grumpiness can be equated with jet lag. (Something I have never quite understood)

I kinda understand that if you go to bed at the same time forever then any change can be a problem, but If you only go to bed when your tired, as I do, the first hour whenever it may be is potential divorce time...:twak:

I would love to be able to go to bed just when I felt tired, rather than having to stick to a routine that doesn't always fit how I feel.

Why is it so mentally difficult to get into an upright position after lying down to sleep ???

Mind you when I lived in a warm climate I didn't seem to have too much of a problem getting out of bed - or was I much younger then and life was more exciting and promising??!!!

warbey
19-08-2011, 21:20
No good that Slodge. Messes up the Body Clock.
I was like that once... Cause (or effect) Depression.

slodgedad
19-08-2011, 21:27

I wish I could establish a routine, but circumstance won't allow.

So much to do at different times of the day I'm locked.

Sal
19-08-2011, 21:42

I wish I could establish a routine, but circumstance won't allow.

So much to do at different times of the day I'm locked.

Life's a bugger innit?!

slodgedad
19-08-2011, 21:54
Life's a bugger innit?!

Serpently is.............

Sal
19-08-2011, 21:57
Serpently is.............

You need to retire!

slodgedad
19-08-2011, 22:01
You need to retire!OK. Good Night, Sleep Tight.

Suej
19-08-2011, 22:02
A friend of mine always says he likes to get up and go to bed in the same day! miserable git! what´s all this talk about blady Hillman Imps:D:laugh:

cainaries
19-08-2011, 23:01
A friend of mine always says he likes to get up and go to bed in the same day! miserable git! what´s all this talk about blady Hillman Imps:D:laugh:

And may be even the same bed! Sorry about the Hillman Imp detour, Suej. Sal's got it sorted now.

ali marshall
19-08-2011, 23:22
I am defaintly not a morning person,even though i need to be.I proberly go to bed between 1 and 2am as other half usually gets in about 1.If i go to bed before even if im cream crackered i cannot sleep.

Usually wake when my 3 old wakes me and it mum,mum ,mum,like waking and straight to work grrr.I need about at least 3 cups of tea or more and cigs to wake up.Takes me a good 2 hours and can be grumpy as hell if i cannot sit for some time to wake.

I defaintly better in afternoons,do my cleaning and what ever else and enjoy my nights when kids are in bed and have some me time.Apparently ive always been bad for going to bed and being grumpy in the morning,hard habits hard to change,but got to as my son starts school september so knocking the tea and fags on the head and see where it takes me . Proberly a nervous wreck lol

Malteser Monkey
19-08-2011, 23:33
I tend to be a morning person although when I was young I worked nights so I guess I could go back to that. i would need some blackout curtains though as I wake just before ut gets light. This played havok with my body in England this summer.

The amount of money I have spent on blackout curtains since I've been back here ...............you wouldn't believe

Hillman avenger was my first car !

Goforgold
20-08-2011, 08:05

If I wasn't in bed by 9.00 pm - I would leave and go home!!! ;)

Those were the days!! :)

Sorry 'bout the Hillman Imps Suej - we can't all drive Rolls Royces!! :)

Suej
20-08-2011, 11:43
If I wasn't in bed by 9.00 pm - I would leave and go home!!! ;)

Those were the days!! :)

Sorry 'bout the Hillman Imps Suej - we can't all drive Rolls Royces!! :)

I´ve decided I must be getting old! I had to read that 3 times before I "Got it" :ashamed:

Malteser Monkey
20-08-2011, 13:14
Why is it so mentally difficult to get into an upright position after lying down to sleep ???

Is this you asking or OH ???:cheeky::rofl:

Goforgold
20-08-2011, 15:25
The amount of money I have spent on blackout curtains since I've been back here ...............you wouldn't believe

Hillman avenger was my first car !

I had a Hillman Avenger too - a boss bought it for me as a run around (running his dog back and forth to work!!). It was a horrible rusty orange red colour with a black vinyl roof!! One Christmas I was coming out of a Divorced and Separated Club (as you do!!), it had been snowing hard. I spent about 15 minutes cleaning off all the snow, I scraped off the ice got in, with my friend in the passenger seat. She put on a pair of gloves that were on the dashboard as she was so cold and I then started up the car, when there was a tap on the side window. This chap was shouting through the glass that I was in HIS car!!! Of course I thought it was a wind up and that he'd had too much to drink so told him to clear off!!! After a few more 'words' I had to concede that it was in fact his car. Great!!! I then had to start all over again clearing the snow and ice off my car!!!

Suej
20-08-2011, 15:26
That has to be post of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crylaughing:

Goforgold
20-08-2011, 15:30
Is this you asking or OH ???:cheeky::rofl:

Watch it MM!!! :D I thought everyone felt like this??!!! If only you could get out of bed and be washed and dressed without having to do anything. I hate that bit!!

Added after 2 minutes:

That has to be post of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crylaughing:

It's a true story Suej - he was a nice chap as well - pity I didn't fancy him!! :(

Suej
20-08-2011, 15:44
Watch it MM!!! :D I thought everyone felt like this??!!! If only you could get out of bed and be washed and dressed without having to do anything. I hate that bit!!

Added after 2 minutes:

It's a true story Suej - he was a nice chap as well - pity I didn't fancy him!! :(

Just fancied his car!:laugh:

Goforgold
20-08-2011, 15:48
Just fancied his car!:laugh:

Could be why I didn't fancy him??!!! ;)

warbey
20-08-2011, 20:26
[QUOTE=Goforgold;83784]Watch it MM!!! :D I thought everyone felt like this??!!! If only you could get out of bed and be washed and dressed without having to do anything. I hate that bit!!

Added after 2 minutes:

It's a true story Suej - he was a nice chap as well - pity I didn't fancy him!! :([/QU

Sod's Law Innit ?

Rocketman
20-08-2011, 23:27
Afternoon, I'm too tired in the morning to do anything

warbey
22-08-2011, 20:54
I think if We voted on this subject, the Afternooners would win by quite a margin.

Are regular Posters Afternoonies.......Looks like it to Me...

Malteser Monkey
22-08-2011, 22:15
Evening posters Warbs or when I'm at work bleedin too early morning posters !

Hope you're well & family hun x

9PLUS
22-08-2011, 22:39
Are you a morning or afternoon person?

Evening & Night

x

Malteser Monkey
22-08-2011, 22:41
Evening & Night

x

only on Fridays........dearx

9PLUS
22-08-2011, 23:39
only on Fridays........dearx

I knew that was coming

wen53
22-08-2011, 23:42
definately an evening person. Although I have to be up at 7am for work, I still stay up till 2 or 3am most nights.

When on holiday I stay out til the bar chucks me out then get up about 11am and just chill til it's night.

Malteser Monkey
23-08-2011, 18:16
I knew that was coming

actress/bishop

9PLUS
23-08-2011, 18:24
actress/bishop

predickedable

x

warbey
23-08-2011, 19:41
Evening & Night

x

Late developer, so to speak.

Goforgold
23-08-2011, 21:58
Late developer, so to speak.

In the dark room? ;)

Malteser Monkey
24-08-2011, 10:24
predickedable

x

but nice - not vindicktive

x

londonjimmy
25-08-2011, 10:14
Hi Everybody!

I'm a nighttime person, love to spend time into the wee hours, I even work/concentrate better after dark!

The 2 kids came along and ruined all that! hahahaa! Now i'm not sure what day it is, or if its day or night! I'll just need to adapt them when we get to Tenerife!!

Goforgold
25-08-2011, 10:22
Well, after only 2 hours sleep last night, today I'm going to be an 'afternoon' person :(

And tonight I'm going to be a 'very irritable' one!!!

Andrzej
25-08-2011, 10:51
Just spotted this thread.........Yes I am a morning person. I wake up so happy to be alive that I start singing straight away....! My partner does not find it this amusing...and I usually get a comment and to this day I have no idea if it's because I sing out of tune or he is just a grumpy morning person!
"Oh what a beautiful morning,,,,Oh what a beautiful day!...."

Goforgold
25-08-2011, 10:56
Just spotted this thread.........Yes I am a morning person. I wake up so happy to be alive that I start singing straight away....! My partner does not find it this amusing...and I usually get a comment and to this day I have no idea if it's because I sing out of tune or he is just a grumpy morning person!
"Oh what a beautiful morning,,,,Oh what a beautiful day!...."

Do you know Andrzej, .............I can't for the life of me think why your partner does not find your singing in the morning amusing!!! ;)

Andrzej
25-08-2011, 10:58
Do you know Andrzej, .............I can't for the life of me think why your partner does not find your singing in the morning amusing!!! ;)

neither can I :spin: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

granny57
26-08-2011, 13:47
mmmm definately a morning person i'm up around 4-30 am everyday and thats usually me until about 11-12 at night , :spin: but as they say the older you get the less sleep you need lol so all in i must be about 100 yrs old :laugh: