PDA

View Full Version : North airport expansion plans in Tenerife

Canarian Weekly
19-08-2011, 13:00
AENA plans to expand the northairport of Los Rodeos, the first phase will include about 750,000 square meters of land and houses. The first round of consultation meetings has taken place with local residents, who are obviously unhappy as it affects them directly. The first phase of work would affect an area of 50,000 square [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/north-airport-expansion-plans/)

cainaries
19-08-2011, 13:04
I'm not quite sure what this is trying to tell me. Are they developing the airport itself (runways, terminals, parking, etc. more flights, etc. etc.) or are they developing a site by the airport for residential housing? If they are developing a site for residential housing right by an airport .... words fail me.

TOTO 99
19-08-2011, 13:40
It looks like they're knocking houses down to expand the airport Cainaries. No wonder they're not too thrilled.:crazy:

cainaries
19-08-2011, 13:44
It looks like they're knocking houses down to expand the airport Cainaries. No wonder they're not too thrilled.:crazy:

Well at least that makes sense! Somehow I must have read it back to front. Yes, compulsory purchase in Spain is not the same as the UK, that's for sure.