PDA

View Full Version : Caution for users of Segundamano in Tenerife

julia44
19-08-2011, 15:26
I had advertised an item for sale and got a call about it today I didnt understand what the chap was on about so my spanish friend rang him back, yes he definatley wanted it and would pay the full price plus the cost of postage to the pennisula, all very well you are saying as this is I think is normal practice in the UK but the thing that made me slightly suspicious is I am selling a tile cutter that weighs 20kg!!

This is just a note of caution as perhaps other users may be selling small items that you wouldnt think twice about posting on to the buyer.

leojohn
19-08-2011, 21:16
Hi Pepper,, I think it is normal practice now,it is based on mutual trust as with ebay, all you have to do is get a price for
postage and let the buyer know the full cost but dont send goods until payment is received because there some mongrels
that will mess you about ;)

Goldenmaniac
20-08-2011, 12:48
One would normally send it what's called "Contra Re-embolso" ie they don't get to take possession of the goods until they are paid for ask about it in the post-office.
http://www.correos.es/contenido/03P-EnviarDinero/02-Reembolso/03P02-Reembolso.asp

9PLUS
20-08-2011, 15:38
I had advertised an item for sale and got a call about it today I didnt understand what the chap was on about so my spanish friend rang him back, yes he definatley wanted it and would pay the full price plus the cost of postage to the pennisula, all very well you are saying as this is I think is normal practice in the UK but the thing that made me slightly suspicious is I am selling a tile cutter that weighs 20kg!!

This is just a note of caution as perhaps other users may be selling small items that you wouldnt think twice about posting on to the buyer.

So whats the problem?