PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants The Bistro, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

golazzo
19-08-2011, 18:16
Not seen anything mentioned about this place recently. Is Mike still there?

Have they price themselves out of the Market as it used to be on the sharpish side.

Stoney
19-08-2011, 18:30
If you mean the one at Puerto Colon its closed down, they are making a new beach bar on the site of Forteleza and the Bistro. Was supposed to be ready by February, doesn't even look if its half way ready yet, but maybe they mean't 2013

slodgedad
19-08-2011, 18:51
Not seen anything mentioned about this place recently. Is Mike still there?

Have they price themselves out of the Market as it used to be on the sharpish side.

Which Bistro do me mean?

(Thread title changed)

Suej
19-08-2011, 19:02
I think golazzo means the Bistro in Los Cris. I saw Mike a couple of months ago coming from the direction of the restaurant so think it´s still there! funny though he used to advertise in the English newpapers but not seen any ads recently. Did you know Barry died golazzo?:(

Sal
19-08-2011, 19:09
Was really good when Mike and Barry were running it - and they introduced €7.00 menus (probably a bit dearer now). Used to have their own website - was going to post a link, but can't find the site now?!

You could have a look here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g659661-d1421590-Reviews-The_Bistro-Los_Cristianos_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html

Arona1
19-08-2011, 19:22
Mike still is running The Bistro, and i'm pretty sure the €7 menu is available

Tinkabel
19-08-2011, 22:29
The 7 euro specials menu is still there and great value for money, Its one of my favourite places for traditional English Food.

Sal
19-08-2011, 22:39
The 7 euro specials menu is still there and great value for money, Its one of my favourite places for traditional English Food.

English? Last time we went I thought the menu was more French! :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

golazzo
20-08-2011, 16:39
I think golazzo means the Bistro in Los Cris. I saw Mike a couple of months ago coming from the direction of the restaurant so think it´s still there! funny though he used to advertise in the English newpapers but not seen any ads recently. Did you know Barry died golazzo?:(

Ahh, what a bloody shame. He can't have been that old. Do you know if it was natural causes.

R.I.P. Barry

Suej
20-08-2011, 17:00
Ahh, what a bloody shame. He can't have been that old. Do you know if it was natural causes.

R.I.P. Barry

It was Cancer I´m afraid, he wasn´t well for quite a long while. Yes a nice guy!:sorry:

robntoni
08-09-2011, 03:05
Is this 'Bistro International'? If so, I ate there this evening and it was lovely.

golazzo
08-09-2011, 08:35
It's located down a little alleyway close to the harbour, maybe has 6 tables outside at most. We are dining there tonight.

Arona1
08-09-2011, 11:30
It's located down a little alleyway close to the harbour, maybe has 6 tables outside at most. We are dining there tonight.

That is "The Original Bistro" The place Mike has is called "The Bistro" not too far away

golazzo
08-09-2011, 11:45
Just had a blonde moment, not visited Mike this year, thought we'd try the Original one has Mike use to work there

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.051969,-16.708466

marbro8
15-05-2015, 09:21
Had a meal here last night, wow it was fantastic, and Lauren the waitress is a true star, my bro in law had the belly pork which melted on the tongue, I had the salmon, my wife had the steak pie, niece had cheese and onion pie and sis in law had liver and onions, we also tried the canaries potatoes, homemade chips, roast potatoes and mash between us, everything was perfect, we also had 3 rice puddings and a homemade scone, which was to die for, altogether with drinks it came to €100 for the 5 of us, and I had 2 VERY large glasses of wine and a large beer in with that, so did my bro in law, we will be going again next week, we are off to friends tonight:wink:

essexeddie
15-05-2015, 21:05
That's given that thread a bump after four years.

We went there a couple of years ago but walked out I'm afraid as the service was diabolical. We just did not get served. We waited about half an hour and got nothing, not even a menu.

cressrt
15-05-2015, 21:34
We have been going there for about 6 years or more, their Sunday Lunch is one of the best in LC. They always have the best (according to my wife) Cheescake ever, home made and changing each week.

Skeggy
16-05-2015, 08:48
The Bistro used to be all the rage and certainly the in place but then went quiet, I believe staff left and one of the partners was very ill. So interesting to see it here again.

Angusjim
16-05-2015, 09:27
Is this the "Original Bistro" or " The Bistro"???

macdonald5
16-05-2015, 10:29
Is this the "Original Bistro" or " The Bistro"???

Description and prices sound like "The Bistro" rather than "The Original Bistro"

Angusjim
16-05-2015, 10:33
Description and prices sound like "The Bistro" rather than "The Original Bistro"

I figured "The Original Bistro" was a bit bit upmarket for marbro8 going on what Ecky Thump has told me:whistle::laugh:

marbro8
16-05-2015, 10:39
Is this the "Original Bistro" or " The Bistro"???It's the bistro Angusjim:wink:

Angusjim
16-05-2015, 10:41
It's the bistro Angusjim:wink:

So to make it easy for me to find what bar is it near:)

tfs1
16-05-2015, 10:59

We went to 'The Bistro' a couple of times a couple of years back and wasn't too impressed with the second visit, food/service was poor - haven't been back. Maybe its changed.

However, our visits to 'The Original Bistro' have always been excellant.

Sounds like the current 'owners' of The Original Bistro are moving on as they are not renewing their lease - in my experience always a bad thing for a food business - look at the Oyster Catcher - pretty much dead since the main man left last year.

Malteser Monkey
16-05-2015, 11:39
Had a meal here last night, wow it was fantastic, and Lauren the waitress is a true star, my bro in law had the belly pork which melted on the tongue, I had the salmon, my wife had the steak pie, niece had cheese and onion pie and sis in law had liver and onions, we also tried the canaries potatoes, homemade chips, roast potatoes and mash between us, everything was perfect, we also had 3 rice puddings and a homemade scone, which was to die for, altogether with drinks it came to €100 for the 5 of us, and I had 2 VERY large glasses of wine and a large beer in with that, so did my bro in law, we will be going again next week, we are off to friends tonight:wink:

Nice to see you trying the local cuisine:whistle::cheeky:

Have you had Tapas, carne con papas ? not being funny just wondering or any of the local fish places in LC like El Cine ?

Maybe it's not to your liking. I'm not really a one for octopus and things in shells other than langostinos and they are not to be missed if you like prawns

Angusjim
16-05-2015, 11:43
Nice to see you trying the local cuisine:whistle::cheeky:

Have you had Tapas, carne con papas ? not being funny just wondering or any of the local fish places in LC like El Cine ?

Maybe it's not to your liking. I'm not really a one for octopus and things in shells other than langostinos and they are not to be missed if you like prawns

He had Canarian tatties:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
16-05-2015, 11:49
He had Canarian tatties:laugh:

is that a Euphemism ?:crazy:

TOTO 99
16-05-2015, 11:57
I've used both "Bistros" and both were fine although I'm not a foodie so perhaps not the best person to judge.

It's all fuel for the engine to me..........I'm probably better qualified in lubrication....:cheers:

Angusjim
16-05-2015, 11:59
is that a Euphemism ?:crazy:

No its a vegetable:laugh:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I've used both "Bistros" and both were fine although I'm not a foodie so perhaps not the best person to judge.

It's all fuel for the engine to me..........I'm probably better qualified in lubrication....:cheers:

You don't say you would never know by looking at you:laugh::laugh:

TOTO 99
16-05-2015, 12:17
No its a vegetable:laugh:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

You don't say you would never know by looking at you:laugh::laugh:

If this was America I could sue you for what you've just implied on a public forum.....:laugh:

Oh, and I gather from the above post that MM has been looking in your trousers......

Angusjim
16-05-2015, 12:19
If this was America I could sue you for what you've just implied on a public forum.....:laugh:

Oh, and I gather from the above post that MM has been looking in your trousers......

No you as well:laugh::laugh:

Malteser Monkey
16-05-2015, 12:33
Ooooeeerrrr Mrs I'm so glad I'm your fav on here:crylaughing:

[QUOTE=TOTO 99;465828Oh, and I gather from the above post that MM has been looking in your trousers......

Or the imprint in his sporon:whistle:

essexeddie
16-05-2015, 14:46
Looks like its gone off the subject again.:whistle:

Angusjim
17-05-2015, 10:27
So to make it easy for me to find what bar is it near:)

So can anyone tell me as Marbro obviously cannae remember where he was:lol:

macdonald5
17-05-2015, 11:06
Street behind hotel Andreas and the petrol station in los Cris
Hotel Andreas has huge restaurant on same street as The bistro ,almost next door is Fortuna Neovo another very acceptable meal and vinos ,very good portions and prices

golazzo
24-08-2015, 20:59
I believe The Bistro is no longer there unless it's been taken over. The lease was up and they decided not to renew.

macdonald5
24-08-2015, 22:18
I believe The Bistro is no longer there unless it's been taken over. The lease was up and they decided not to renew.

Was that not The Original Bistro golazzo .? It was on side street nearer the harbour Pedro & Nicky his wife with Louise the waitress ? Understand Nicky is now cooking in Devonshire Arms
The Bistro was still open our last visit to the area

cressrt
25-08-2015, 06:54
Yes, it is the "Original Bistro" that closed a whole ago, the"Bistro" is still open.

macdonald5
03-01-2016, 09:49
Yes, it is the "Original Bistro" that closed a whole ago, the"Bistro" is still open.

As of last night The Bistro is also closed
Four of us enjoyed a lovely 'last supper ' ,pity another decent eating place gone

Bazz
03-01-2016, 09:57
The Original Bistro is definitely closed.
We walked past 'The Bistro' when were were over a few days ago and it was open. Is it now closed too?

macdonald5
03-01-2016, 11:32
The Original Bistro is definitely closed.
We walked past 'The Bistro' when were were over a few days ago and it was open. Is it now closed too?

Yes Bazz.last night was final night open for The Bistro, ........Original Bistro closed some time ago

marbro8
03-01-2016, 14:44
Yes Bazz.last night was final night open for The Bistro, ........Original Bistro closed some time agoi know it's common for bars and restaurants to close in tenerife. but that has shocked me. it was always full every time we have visited?. it must have been a decision made on just wanting to pack it in and do something else. rather than not being able to make a living:dontknow:. my mate will be gutted. as a vegetarian he loved the cheese pie. he did have to send one back the first time they smothered it in gravy from the meat though:laugh: so if anyone can give me any info on where he could get his fix next time he is over in may:wink:
just to add. at this rate with the roast house closing. us philistines will have to start eating canarian food:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
03-01-2016, 15:02
. us philistines will have to start eating canarian food:laugh:

Well it's about flippin time:c2:

blondie
03-01-2016, 15:03
Och never mind Marbro there are plenty more places you will be able to eat. My husband , daughter , granddaughter and myself went out for a special birthday meal the other night . I found it really difficult to get something that I fancied to eat . I really don't like British food when I go out and that was all that was on the menu . I love all the different choices you can have in Tenerife it just suits me down to the ground, Spanish , Italian , Chinese, Indian, Greek , Lebanese . I once tried Norwegian but not for me so I am not surprised there is only one in PDLA .Been going to the same places for years , why change if you like what they serve . See you all in 9 days , cant wait to get away from this dark gloomy sky .

Malteser Monkey
03-01-2016, 15:06
Och never mind Marbro there are plenty more places you will be able to eat. My husband , daughter , granddaughter and myself went out for a special birthday meal the other night . I found it really difficult to get something that I fancied to eat . I really don't like British food when I go out and that was all that was on the menu . I love all the different choices you can have in Tenerife it just suits me down to the ground, Spanish , Italian , Chinese, Indian, Greek , Lebanese . I once tried Norwegian but not for me so I am not surprised there is only one in PDLA .Been going to the same places for years , why change if you like what they serve . See you all in 9 days , cant wait to get away from this dark gloomy sky .

Well you'd better hope that AJ has returned :whistle:

blondie
03-01-2016, 15:15
Very happy to see AJ is getting some sun this time , hope it continues pleeeeease :sunbathe::sunburn::drinking::wine:

Ecky Thump
03-01-2016, 15:16
i know it's common for bars and restaurants to close in tenerife. but that has shocked me. it was always full every time we have visited?. it must have been a decision made on just wanting to pack it in and do something else. rather than not being able to make a living:dontknow:. my mate will be gutted. as a vegetarian he loved the cheese pie. he did have to send one back the first time they smothered it in gravy from the meat though:laugh: so if anyone can give me any info on where he could get his fix next time he is over in may:wink:
just to add. at this rate with the roast house closing. us philistines will have to start eating canarian food:laugh:

The La Pepa food hall at the Passarela Centre in Los Cristianos has a great selection for vegetarians, plus it's brilliant for all us normal carnivores!!:D

macdonald5
03-01-2016, 15:21
The La Pepa food hall at the Passarela Centre in Los Cristianos has a great selection for vegetarians, plus it's brilliant for all us normal carnivores!!:D

Have heard only good reports on La Pepa but as yet Havnt tried......

Ecky Thump
03-01-2016, 15:44
Have heard only good reports on La Pepa but as yet Havnt tried......

It's brilliant, with a fantastic choice of meat, salads, pizza, etc. If you for example want a steak, you chose your meat from the butcher and he will season it and cook it to however you want it, then you get your accomplishments from another supplier, it's the same with cold meats, quiche from the delicatessen.....Nothing is over priced and there is a large choice of wines and beers.

tfs1
03-01-2016, 15:58
It's brilliant, with a fantastic choice of meat, salads, pizza, etc. If you for example want a steak, you chose your meat from the butcher and he will season it and cook it to however you want it, then you get your accomplishments from another supplier, it's the same with cold meats, quiche from the delicatessen.....Nothing is over priced and there is a large choice of wines and beers.

I don't make recommentations but happy to recommend this place, great food, clean, busy, good atmosphere - loads of noisy locals eating, drinking and doing what they do best - talk !

If you want to sit down and be served, this isnt for you - if you want to have a look around at various food outlets providing a variety of different foods all in one area (so not too much walking), this could be for you. Take your food/drinks to one of the bench type tables and off you go !

Will be going an a couple of weeks time - cant wait - the Ribeye steak is (well it was) fantastic.

essexeddie
03-01-2016, 16:08
I don't make recommentations but happy to recommend this place, great food, clean, busy, good atmosphere - loads of noisy locals eating, drinking and doing what they do best - talk !

If you want to sit down and be served, this isnt for you - if you want to have a look around at various food outlets providing a variety of different foods all in one area (so not too much walking), this could be for you. Take your food/drinks to one of the bench type tables and off you go !

Will be going an a couple of weeks time - cant wait - the Ribeye steak is (well it was) fantastic.

That could be our next venue��

marbro8
03-01-2016, 16:26

Will be going an a couple of weeks time - cant wait - the Ribeye steak is (well it was) fantastic.it's usually first port of call on our first night. my favorite time is around 6.00pm just as the sun is setting:wink:

tfs1
03-01-2016, 16:44

Look forward to it, have a good flight on Tuesday.

Ecky Thump
03-01-2016, 17:10

I'm not sure that it's your sort of place Eddie....you like service and tranquility, that's the two things that the food hall hasn't got.....its just great local food with a buzz of local people coming and going, children playing and it's certainly NOT quiet!! :D

TOTO 99
03-01-2016, 18:38

I know this place but I've never used it. To be honest, I like a bit of peace & quiet when I'm eating but that's just me. I've only ever heard rave reviews about it.

Just out of interest, when you say you kinda build up your meal from various suppliers, do you pay each one seperately or is there just one bill when you have everything you want?

Ecky Thump
03-01-2016, 18:47
I know this place but I've never used it. To be honest, I like a bit of peace & quiet when I'm eating but that's just me. I've only ever heard rave reviews about it.

Just out of interest, when you say you kinda build up your meal from various suppliers, do you pay each one seperately or is there just one bill when you have everything you want?

Yep, you've got it, you pay each part of your meal separately, there are exceptions, the supplier of the burgers also does chip and side salad. On one occasion Carol had Vodka and Coke and pointed out that although he did sell cans of Coke, there was a coin operated machine in the eating area that was cheaper.....I would stake a £100 bet that you wouldn't find that sort of honesty in a UK venue!!

I've got to repeat what I said in a earlier post....its a noisy place, but I would still rate it as a 100% value venue to go to with a touch of fun listening to the Spanish folk communicating with each other and they will try to get you involved in their company.....not a place for introverts!!.:D

TOTO 99
03-01-2016, 18:50
Yep, you've got it, you pay each part of your meal separately, there are exceptions, the supplier of the burgers also does chip and side salad. On one occasion Carol had Vodka and Coke and pointed out that although he did sell cans of Coke, there was a coin operated machine in the eating area that was cheaper.....I would stake a £100 bet that you wouldn't find that sort of honesty in a UK venue!!

I've got to repeat what I said in a earlier post....its a noisy place, but I would still rate it as a 100% venue to go to.:)

Thanks for that Ecky.

I definitely couldn't be doing with messing about....lol..........

tfs1
03-01-2016, 19:15
I'm not sure that it's your sort of place Eddie....you like service and tranquility, that's the two things that the food hall hasn't got.....its just great local food with a buzz of local people coming and going, children playing and it's certainly NOT quiet!! :D

but no music !

Eddie, Maybe we should have a wander up one evening and see what you think before commiting to a meal. I know John is also keen to see what its all about.

Ecky Thump
03-01-2016, 19:24
but no music !

Eddie, Maybe we should have a wander up one evening and see what you think before commiting to a meal. I know John is also keen to see what its all about.

But for any Spanish event....A large screen TV ! :laugh:

TOTO 99
03-01-2016, 19:26
But for any Spanish event....A large screen TV ! :laugh:

No matter how big it is, it'll never show AngusJim buying a drink.........and that would be some event.....:laugh:

marbro8
03-01-2016, 20:06
but no music !

Eddie, Maybe we should have a wander up one evening and see what you think before commiting to a meal. I know John is also keen to see what its all about.i have been up there on a friday and they have had a singer on with a guitar and speakers:wink:

TOTO 99
03-01-2016, 20:13
i have been up there on a friday and they have had a singer on with a guitar and speakers:wink:

Oh yeah, and let's not forget the "Brian Blessed Soundalike" competition they have on every night......:laugh:

essexeddie
03-01-2016, 20:58
but no music !

Sounds good. Last time I had a G&T there it cost me €8