PDA

View Full Version : FOUND Cat dumped at Madat shelter...

cynophilia
19-08-2011, 19:56
We need your help!!!!

In the middle of the night on Wednesday this cat was dumped at the kennels of Madat...Does anybody recognize this cat?

This is not the first time this has happen a month ago a cat was dumped and within 48 hours it was dead.

This is actually a big problem for Madat, when animals are dumped without an inspection the animal dumped cat or dog can infect the entire population of the animals in the shelter causing many unneccessary deaths.

Please do not dump animals at any shelter as this is very dangerous.

www.madattenerife.com 1121

leojohn
19-08-2011, 20:55
What is wrong with people,,Why dont they do things proper,,I know it is wrong but they could bring the animal to the kennels during the day and tell fibs like they found it on the TF1 or something,but instead they get up in the middle of the night and mooch around in the dark to dump the poor moggy (who has'nt got a clue what is going on) and take the chance of infecting the animals already in care :dontknow:

YOUNG GOLFER
20-08-2011, 02:37
Thing is here in Tenerife everyone has to have a pet or wants a pet dog/cat..... but the truth is 50% of people just don't have a clue of what it takes to keep a pet........and as easy as it is to get one it's as easy to just let it go or dump the problem on others.

caroletenerife
20-08-2011, 09:44
Thing is here in Tenerife everyone has to have a pet or wants a pet dog/cat..... but the truth is 50% of people just don't have a clue of what it takes to keep a pet........and as easy as it is to get one it's as easy to just let it go or dump the problem on others..
Tell me about it!!!!!, there are 20 cats beside the Esmerelda, the adult ones have been pets because they will come up to you, but since its been closed for refurb the owners in their selfish wisdom have dumped them and they now survive on wasteland..and they are growing in number, the wee kittens are wary of people and one mum has just had ANOTHER litter.
Im feeding them but cant afford to feed me, the dog and 20 cats for much longer..and a tiny grey one needs a vet for an infected eye....dont suppose anyone wants a kitten....please xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx crawled through the bushes with my camera last night, will post pics when i get in from shop xxxxx

Suej
20-08-2011, 11:51
All anyone can do is their best to help these poor animals, Thanks Carole for helping the little things. I can drop some dry cat food off at LA shop for you in the next day or so!

caroletenerife
20-08-2011, 17:02
]
All anyone can do is their best to help these poor animals, Thanks Carole for helping the little things. I can drop some dry cat food off at LA shop for you in the next day or so!
Thank you so much Sue, some people say i shouldnt feed them but they just sit at the side of the path miaowing at people..i just cant walk past them and ignore them, its not their fault, wouldnt be able to sleep, and choosing a different path to walk the dog would be even worse. Going to try and catch the tiny one with the sore eye tonight.1122

Suej
20-08-2011, 17:06
Aww that poor little grey one! Carole if you have to take him to the vet maybe I can give a donation to help with the cost! Just thought its Weekend so will pop down to LC shop on Monday!
X Thanks again!

Cat Woman
20-08-2011, 17:11
Ive spoke to Caroletenerife and I will come and get the little grey one on Monday. I havent got any room until then. I am absolutely bursting at the seams with kittens, but 2 of the ones I have are being fostered out Monday so I will have some room for the grey one.
We are trying to raise money to make a start on these cats, we will try and start catching them and booking them in for neutering after the week end.
Sharon.:)

caroletenerife
20-08-2011, 17:21
Thank you sue, thats very generous, just seen your post sharon, will try to get him tonight cos 2 have vanishd the last few days. I will let you know if i get him and you can pick him up when you have time on Monday....cos i know your not busy hahahahaha

Suej
20-08-2011, 17:31
I hope this thread raises awareness and hopefully a few might be able to pop a small donation in to the shop to help towards these little kitties!

A big Thank you to you Sharon!X

caroletenerife
20-08-2011, 21:49
well got him/her (not looked yet), i feel quite bad for taking it away from its family but it needs help so had to be done, its cowering in the cat box in the loo where its quiet. Just to let everyone know, that the Spanish cat lady who feeds all the cats along the coast was telling me that she think someones is poisoning the kittens, she says that one of them at La Baril will probably die...so if anyone is walking their dog along that route ...make sure it does NOT pick up any food from the street x

Suej
20-08-2011, 21:59
well got him/her (not looked yet), i feel quite bad for taking it away from its family but it needs help so had to be done, its cowering in the cat box in the loo where its quiet. Just to let everyone know, that the Spanish cat lady who feeds all the cats along the coast was telling me that she think someones is poisoning the kittens, she says that one of them at La Baril will probably die...so if anyone is walking their dog along that route ...make sure it does NOT pick up any food from the street x

Well done Carole for catching him/her! Could you get a decent look at itīs eye? poor thing :(

caroletenerife
20-08-2011, 23:39
it wasnt hard sue, he is very weak, all bones really, the whole side of his head is swollen and his eyeball has whited over (if that makes sense), i have bathed it in salt water but dont want to put anything on it (because its an eye). I wont put a close up photo because its gross. He has calmed down a bit but was scotting about the livingroom trying to find an exit so will leave him in loo with a blanket and a teddy, i think it will be less stressful for him and force him to rest. we will see what tomorrow brings x

Cat Woman
22-08-2011, 20:27
I now have this lovely little kitten in my home. I have posted a new thread with a photo as the kitten will need a new home in a couple of weeks.
Sharon.
PS: Ive put a close up photo of the kitten on my other post as I want people to see whats its like with the kittens and realise what we are up against. We raise money to have cats neutered, to cut down the kitten population. about 30% of our money is spent on vet bills for kittens.

caroletenerife
22-08-2011, 21:52
I now have this lovely little kitten in my home. I have posted a new thread with a photo as the kitten will need a new home in a couple of weeks.
Sharon.
PS: Ive put a close up photo of the kitten on my other post as I want people to see whats its like with the kittens and realise what we are up against. We raise money to have cats neutered, to cut down the kitten population. about 30% of our money is spent on vet bills for kittens.
thanks so much Sharon for coming to collect the wee man, will have a look at the new post xxxx

caroletenerife
23-08-2011, 16:26
Thank you so much Sue for the cat food for the esmerelda cats, and to your husband for carrying it in this hot weather xxxxxx