PDA

View Full Version : Should I be flattered or hacked off...?

MaxineC
20-08-2011, 00:15
For the first time in a couple of years, I did a Google search on my 'Professional Name'. The original reason for doing this was because my site has undergone a redesign (thank you Kirsty :D) and we'd experienced some hacking problems...

What I wasn't expecting was to see the 1st 21 pages (then I got bored/shocked/upset) were taken up by me - one heck of an achievement on Google, so some kudos ;) - but the majority were illegal download sites, complete site rips and even an 'Official' 2011 calendar... I've never done a calendar, except for Guniess when I was 18 (so a couple of years ago :whistle:).

So, should I feel flattered, or employ the services of an intellectual properties lawyer to reclaim the tens of thousands of $'s I'm missing out on... ???

ps: I should also send out some thanks to IPM (or Chris P Bacon, as she's now known), who's post on here of my Twitter page, also popped up... and all the subsequent conversations about it.... and the volume of hits my site got on the back of it. Guess that wasn't the result she was hoping for... :rofl: :rofl:

mony71
20-08-2011, 00:43
tbh,i would be fuming not hacked off :jumping:

MaxineC
20-08-2011, 01:07
tbh,i would be fuming not hacked off :jumping:

I was going to use a much stronger term than hacked off or fuming... but would have had my wrists slapped again... ;)

Vortex Wake
20-08-2011, 07:54
I thing you should be flattened .

Goforgold
20-08-2011, 07:56
I don't understand the world of 'hacking sites' etc but if I was losing money from it, I would be well and truly ****** off and would do something about it, if at all possible!!

Being totally naive in this direction - are you able to say what your 'site' is. From a few posts I've read, I think it's to do with 'glamour', but more than that.................... I presume people pay to subscribe to it? Please ignore me if I'm asking too many questions!! :o

Well done to the member who boosted your 'site' :jump2:

onelegnofeet
20-08-2011, 09:48
A few ideas maybe to
Spank them ,whip Them ,tie them up ,handcuff them ,and chain them up ................not that i have seen your films !!!!LOL ( sorry for some reason cant do smilies etc

Andy0210
20-08-2011, 09:58
You want to try doing a google image search of your professonal name and see how many pages come up! ;) :respect: :faint: :bowdown:

Suej
20-08-2011, 11:17
It amazes me that all these innocent people can cause so much trouble on the internet, Who would think a few words here a click there could be so destructive? what do these people get out of it???....:whistle:

MaxineC
20-08-2011, 12:34
I thing you should be flattened .

That'd be one way for me to get my nice flat tummy back... :D

I don't understand the world of 'hacking sites' etc but if I was losing money from it, I would be well and truly ****** off and would do something about it, if at all possible!!

Being totally naive in this direction - are you able to say what your 'site' is. From a few posts I've read, I think it's to do with 'glamour', but more than that.................... I presume people pay to subscribe to it? Please ignore me if I'm asking too many questions!! :o

Well done to the member who boosted your 'site' :jump2:

Yes, people subscribe @ $30 per month. it's based around glamour fetish, mainly concentrating on the nylons, heels, lingerie side of things...

We're restricted what we can do, it's so common you would need at least 3 people working full time just finding all the torrent/password sharing/site rip sites doing it. The big boys (like Rapid Share) are run by professional hackers, so it would be nigh on impossible to hack their site and bring it down. Also, RS are based in Switzerland, where these types of sites are not illegal. If the big music/film companies can't bring them down, we stand no chance... :(

However, we can stop the smaller boys, and they're the ones we concentrate on. We send out a standard demac letter warning them, then if they still ignore it, we post their names & addresses on their site (we have the ability/software to get this info) and tell them they'll be 'Getting a visit from some friends'... that one usually works every time :D You still need people working full time on it though, because as you close down/stop one place, another springs up...

Yes, it was kind of her to send so many visitors to my site, 2 even joined... :D Again, we have the software that means I can see the exact place the link came from, what browser they're using, even where they are!! The only time this doesn't work regarding location, is if they're using a proxy server....

A few ideas maybe to
Spank them ,whip Them ,tie them up ,handcuff them ,and chain them up ................not that i have seen your films !!!!LOL ( sorry for some reason cant do smilies etc

Like you, they'd enjoy that too much... :raspberry2:

You want to try doing a google image search of your professonal name and see how many pages come up! ;) :respect: :faint: :bowdown:

I take it you've done this on my behalf, Andy.... :eyebrows: Not sure I want to know how many pages came up though, after just doing a site search yesterday, it may pee me off even more :cry:

onelegnofeet
20-08-2011, 12:53
Like you, they'd enjoy that too much... :raspberry2:

:

OI! dont you start spreading tales too !!! ( still cant put any smillies !)

MaxineC
20-08-2011, 12:55
OI! dont you start spreading tales too !!! ( still cant put any smillies !)

I don't need to spread them (actually, that sounds rude! :D) you've done a perfect job all by yourself.... ;)

onelegnofeet
20-08-2011, 13:19
:D) you've done a perfect job all by yourself.... ;)

Yes but ,no but ,its always nice to get a bit more help ...............hackers dont you just love em !LOL

MaxineC
20-08-2011, 22:18
Just been approached to do an interview and photo shoot for Urban Ink... Not sure why, I don't have any tattoos or piercings, not even my ears... Weirdbutpopular.com :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

marbro8
20-08-2011, 23:18
For the first time in a couple of years, I did a Google search on my 'Professional Name'. The original reason for doing this was because my site has undergone a redesign (thank you Kirsty :D) and we'd experienced some hacking problems...

What I wasn't expecting was to see the 1st 21 pages (then I got bored/shocked/upset) were taken up by me - one heck of an achievement on Google, so some kudos ;) - but the majority were illegal download sites, complete site rips and even an 'Official' 2011 calendar... I've never done a calendar, except for Guniess when I was 18 (so a couple of years ago :whistle:).

So, should I feel flattered, or employ the services of an intellectual properties lawyer to reclaim the tens of thousands of $'s I'm missing out on... ???

ps: I should also send out some thanks to IPM (or Chris P Bacon, as she's now known), who's post on here of my Twitter page, also popped up... and all the subsequent conversations about it.... and the volume of hits my site got on the back of it. Guess that wasn't the result she was hoping for... :rofl: :rofl:tell us what your proffesional name is so we can all have a look:D

MaxineC
20-08-2011, 23:19
tell us what your proffesional name is so we can all have a look:D

Ask IPM..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

slodgedad
20-08-2011, 23:23
Ask IPM..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Don't you mean crispy sandwich..:sorry:

MaxineC
20-08-2011, 23:24
Don't you mean crispy sandwich..:sorry:

Isn't it toasted sandwich now... who knows, who cares ???

9PLUS
20-08-2011, 23:48
tell us what your proffesional name is so we can all have a look:D

It's Zarion

x

caroletenerife
20-08-2011, 23:53
Don't you mean crispy sandwich..:sorry:

dont you mean crusty

MaxineC
21-08-2011, 00:10
dont you mean crusty

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh how that has made me chuckle... :D

caroletenerife
21-08-2011, 00:29
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh how that has made me chuckle... :D
i dont even know what this is about, but i get the jist that she is a jealous old fossil..shouldny stick ma nose in haha

uptowngirl
21-08-2011, 00:34
I am really ******.com!!!! DOn't tell me mum.......................

MaxineC
21-08-2011, 01:24
i dont even know what this is about, but i get the jist that she is a jealous old fossil..shouldny stick ma nose in haha

.... And that comment almost made me choke on my Haribo :crylaughing:

I am really ******.com!!!! DOn't tell me mum.......................

What's it worth for me to keep my gob shut... anyway, you shouldn't be saying things like that on here, you'll get accused of self-promotion :D

Andy0210
21-08-2011, 04:21
I take it you've done this on my behalf, Andy.... :eyebrows:

Of course it was on your behalf Maxine, i would hate to see anyone take advantage of you, but i have to confess i have thought about googling you for a while and this was a perfect excuse to do so, the results were Amazing! ;)

MaxineC
21-08-2011, 11:39
Of course it was on your behalf Maxine, i would hate to see anyone take advantage of you, but i have to confess i have thought about googling you for a while and this was a perfect excuse to do so, the results were Amazing! ;)

Bless you, it must have been a really hard favour for you to do... :eyebrows:

ps: I always told you I was amazing.... :crylaughing: :crylaughing:

onelegnofeet
22-08-2011, 07:12
Of course it was on your behalf Maxine, i would hate to see anyone take advantage of you,)

This is excellent advice from Andy0210 ,but dont turn your back either on your newer friends either they arent as Innocent as they seem either .........

In a lighter vain ,for urban ink you provide the head ,glamour ,"LEG " shots i can offer the tattoos !!!