PDA

View Full Version : Charity Notice Live Arico Membership / Dog Sponsorship

SuzyQ
20-08-2011, 12:02
Its been our dream for a while to harness the many people (Over 3500) on our facebook page to help us financially. A lot of people giving regularly, but without the need to fill in bank forms and be hassled.
Now its here. Finally. After much digging, researching, and thinking, we have the buttons on the website to make it easy. Via paypal, you can be a member of Live Arico from just €3 per month. If just half the people on our Facebook do this we can do so much. The shops are dreadfully quiet at the moment and the €1000(ish) per month I bring in from fundraising is a mere 10% of our outgoings. I am optimistic that this will really make a difference.
Please, if you can, go to www.livearico.org and subscribe. There are different levels of membership and you can also sponsor a dog, we have many who are highly unlikely to ever leave the refuge, the oddballs and misfits, the not so cute ones, the poor unwanted podencos of which we have around 100.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank forum member sgd for the many hours of work he has put into our website to date (and we havent finished with him yet, lol)
And thanks to those of you that do. This forum has always been kind to us.

doreen
20-08-2011, 14:15
I'll start the ball rolling on the forum for you and commit as a Supporter (5€ a month) ... we have had our differences, but I have to say my recent visit to Live Arico changed my mind in many aspects - you are all doing a good (and thankless) job trying to make a difference.

PS Great work sgd :)

SuzyQ
20-08-2011, 15:00
I'll start the ball rolling on the forum for you and commit as a Supporter (5€ a month) ... we have had our differences, but I have to say my recent visit to Live Arico changed my mind in many aspects - you are all doing a good (and thankless) job trying to make a difference.

PS Great work sgd :)

Those words are priceless Doreen. Thanks are not enough. :)

Goforgold
20-08-2011, 15:01
The Podencos are like greyhounds, so beautiful. I will have to speak to OH when he comes home. :)

Do you have any photos of the podencos, so that I can soften OH up - they are his favourite dogs. :)

SuzyQ
20-08-2011, 17:36
I dont have any on my computer, but there will be plenty of them going on the Sponsor a Dog Gallery in the next few days. :)

Goforgold
20-08-2011, 17:40
I dont have any on my computer, but there will be plenty of them going on the Sponsor a Dog Gallery in the next few days. :)

Thanks - I'll look out for them ..... :)

jewels
20-08-2011, 18:16
Thats a great idea Suzy as it not always possible to get to events and a least you will be receiving a regular income,looking forward to seeing the sponser a dog gallery and we will subscribe then.Good Luck,come on dig deep everyone. xxxxx

karinagal
20-08-2011, 19:52
I've signed up as a supporter too.... but will still give my usual donation whenever I'm at the Golf del Sur market!!

Karina
:spin:

caroletenerife
20-08-2011, 23:45
There are a couple of people joining up from Scotland x

donna1984
21-08-2011, 00:27
Another great idea I work nights and can not always attend functions so donations online make it very easy keep up the good work

SuzyQ
21-08-2011, 11:02
11 people subscribed yesterday, which is great to say we just started. I sent an email around my contacts yesterday and asked it be forwarded. Will hammer Facebook on a daily basis. Thanks to everyone who has signed up so quickly. We really need this.

caroletenerife
29-08-2011, 18:26
Had a couple of people enquire in the shop but they dont have bank accounts, so they bought some square metres of land for the Buy the refuge project xxxxx

SuzyQ
29-08-2011, 22:18
That's no worries. Memberships going well, thank God. This regular monthly income will make all the difference. Another incentive is that all members, at any level, qualify for an average 28% discount on DKV Health Care policies taken out with Tenerife Insurance Services. We are working on more advantages of being a member, a loyalty card is in the pipeline giving discounts at local businesses, a bit like Green Banana. Big plans, taking all my time, lol.

SuzyQ
16-09-2011, 22:24
Just a quick update. Three weeks into the membership scheme we have 59 members donating €340 per month. Our target was 1000 giving €3, but clearly people are signing up to more than the minimum €3, which is great. In monetary terms we are over 10% of the way there. Yes we can!!! Remember too, the deal with TIS to get huge discounts on DKV policies via Live Arico. :spin: