PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair luggage dimensions

mossy
20-08-2011, 13:03
I have a keyboard (7kgs)that would only fit in this bag and i'm just wondering if ryanair would accept this bag (40")as normal luggage ie paying £30 for 20kgs
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extra-Large-Wheeled-Holdall-Travel-Luggage-Suitcase-Bag-/230635188825?pt=UK_Tickets_Travel_Luggage_CA&var=&hash=item7b682a14aa#ht_2342wt_1139

Size: H53 x W102 x D45 cm
Capacity: 197 Litres
Weight: 3.7 kg

Leam_Lin
20-08-2011, 13:07
I have a keyboard (7kgs)that would only fit in this bag and i'm just wondering if ryanair would accept this bag (40")as normal luggage ie paying £30 for 20kgs
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extra-Large-Wheeled-Holdall-Travel-Luggage-Suitcase-Bag-/230635188825?pt=UK_Tickets_Travel_Luggage_CA&var=&hash=item7b682a14aa#ht_2342wt_1139

I would send an email to Ryanair, if its okay to take I would print a copy of the said email off & take it with you when you fly, you could just get a jobsworth on that day.

moonlighter
20-08-2011, 13:19
According to Ryanairs T&C's, cabin luggage can weigh upto 10kg but have a maximum size of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.

So looking at that then the answer would be a definite no. Hand luggage must be able to fit into the container at the check in desk which your keyboard clearly wouldn't.

karinagal
20-08-2011, 13:53
According to Ryanairs T&C's, cabin luggage can weigh upto 10kg but have a maximum size of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.

So looking at that then the answer would be a definite no. Hand luggage must be able to fit into the container at the check in desk which your keyboard clearly wouldn't.

I think Mossy's intention was to check it in as hold luggage - the question then being would it be classed as oversize? Mossy, check here (http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/can-i-check-in-a-musical-instrument-or-purchase-an-extra-seat-to-carry-it-in-the-cabin)

mossy
20-08-2011, 14:34
I would send an email to Ryanair, if its okay to take I would print a copy of the said email off & take it with you when you fly, you could just get a jobsworth on that day.

I'd love to,but i couldn't find it apart from the contact form which is just a search tool with donotreplye@ryanair.com address.If i book the baggage as a musical instrument,would i be able to carry it in the bag along with other things inside up to my allowed limit (20 kgs)?:confused:

moonlighter
20-08-2011, 16:41
I think Mossy's intention was to check it in as hold luggage - the question then being would it be classed as oversize? Mossy, check here (http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/can-i-check-in-a-musical-instrument-or-purchase-an-extra-seat-to-carry-it-in-the-cabin)

Sorry yes, I misread the question.

I'd love to,but i couldn't find it apart from the contact form which is just a search tool with donotreplye@ryanair.com address.If i book the baggage as a musical instrument,would i be able to carry it in the bag along with other things inside up to my allowed limit (20 kgs)?:confused:

I don't see why you cannot pay £40 for the keyboard and fill the bag upto 20KG with other items.

anto3
20-08-2011, 17:13
Just left tenerife on ryanair and everyone had to put there bag in at the cabin door, so not a chance you would get pass them, never saw so many people get caught at the desk for over weight, even though a lot of them said they checked the weight before they left home. need to bring your scales with you

mossy
20-08-2011, 20:11
Sorry yes, I misread the question.

I don't see why you cannot pay £40 for the keyboard and fill the bag upto 20KG with other items.

I've just found this,according to Ryanair:
For health and safety reasons Ryanair does not accept for carriage any individual item exceeding 32 kilos or with combined dimensions of more than 81cms (height), 119cms (width) and 119cms (depth). This weight limit does not apply to mobility equipment.
I presume this bag is allowed,i could probably pay £30 and not mention the keyboard.

Just left tenerife on ryanair and everyone had to put there bag in at the cabin door, so not a chance you would get pass them, never saw so many people get caught at the desk for over weight, even though a lot of them said they checked the weight before they left home. need to bring your scales with you
I've seen them do that and they reminded of traffic wardens.

Jimandsi
20-08-2011, 21:24

That's excellent news and it's about time they started coming down hard on those passengers who are either unable or simply refuse to abide by the booking T's and C's.

I don't usually fly RyanAir but when I have, I've seen very selfish people bringing on overweight and oversized hand luggage and causing complete chaos.

Some can't carry their bags up the steps, some can't carry their bags down the aisle and some find it impossible to even lift their bags into the overhead lockers.

Why ? Just to try and save a few quid !

RyanAir have a duty to load, carry and unload their passenger in complete safety and if it means that selfish passengers get their wrists slapped, then I applaud them for their actions.

Sal
20-08-2011, 21:40

That's one helluva keyboard! :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Is it a church organ?

mossy
20-08-2011, 23:35
That's excellent news and it's about time they started coming down hard on those passengers who are either unable or simply refuse to abide by the booking T's and C's.

I don't usually fly RyanAir but when I have, I've seen very selfish people bringing on overweight and oversized hand luggage and causing complete chaos.

Some can't carry their bags up the steps, some can't carry their bags down the aisle and some find it impossible to even lift their bags into the overhead lockers.

Why ? Just to try and save a few quid !

RyanAir have a duty to load, carry and unload their passenger in complete safety and if it means that selfish passengers get their wrists slapped, then I applaud them for their actions.
Duty free shops must be very unhappy and there is sod all they can do about it.

That's one helluva keyboard! :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Is it a church organ?

LOL no it's the size of the bag

murph
14-09-2011, 00:44

On our flight home a couple of weeks ago, some guys had guitars and they had clearly paid for the guitars to have their own seats - believe it or not?

moonlighter
14-09-2011, 10:36
I'm very surprised they allow that, a large part of their profits are made up of incremental sales such as duty free, overpriced refreshments, etc etc

When did you last see a guitar buying sandwich?

murph
14-09-2011, 12:34
I'm very surprised they allow that, a large part of their profits are made up of incremental sales such as duty free, overpriced refreshments, etc etc

When did you last see a guitar buying sandwich?

It's not a matter of ''allowing'' it - hey charge full seat price - so better for them than getting £40 to put it in the hold!