PDA

View Full Version : Which bars are open on and around the Patch area of Las Americas?

CARPETMANAL
20-08-2011, 14:14
Hi can anyone tell me which bars are open on and around the patch area, as we have not been for about 3 years, and have heard a few bars have closed in recent years, many thanks, ALAN.

El Viento
20-08-2011, 15:23
Does it need to be in alphabetical order? ;)

hackney58
20-08-2011, 15:45
Drunken duck, sax bar, railway, don't worry you will not be disappointed, in fact you will be spoil for chose

Medman
20-08-2011, 16:06
Drunken duck, sax bar, railway, don't worry you will not be disappointed, in fact you will be spoil for chose

Not forgetting Shenanigans, Jags, Bad Boabs, Brewer's Droop, Blaydon Races etc etc

sunspot
20-08-2011, 16:10
Dublinner, Gaelic Corner....................and so on

onelegnofeet
20-08-2011, 16:46
Tibu ,Mucky duck

tonypub
20-08-2011, 19:44
apples:bootyshake:

marbro8
20-08-2011, 19:54
what area is actually defined as the patch? i thought it was veronicas?

tonypub
20-08-2011, 20:19
what area is actually defined as the patch? i thought it was veronicas?veronicas is veronicas commercial centre,likewish the patch is the patch commercial centre,quite easy really.;)

marbro8
20-08-2011, 20:39
veronicas is veronicas commercial centre,likewish the patch is the patch commercial centre,quite easy really.;)still in the dark tony? lol

sunspot
20-08-2011, 21:19
The patch is by the side of Parque 2,opposite Suger and spice

marbro8
20-08-2011, 21:23
The patch is by the side of Parque 2,opposite Suger and spiceoh right, thanks chris:)

caroletenerife
20-08-2011, 21:25
The patch is two minutes along the road towards Safari Centre, and is more family oriented than Veeronicas.
Bad bobs quiz every tues, thurs and Sat at 10 pm 50 euros prize money...so V busy for that
Brewers Droop has a kids club from 9pm till 10pm, playstations, balloons, facepainting, kids Kareoke etc, then a couple of live Acts
Dubliner is a late bar with live band
Couple of the restaurants have singers on
Roxy's live drag act
Shannanagins ? live Cabaret

Lots of variety x

sunspot
20-08-2011, 21:28
oh right, thanks chris:)

I must add its a great place for a good session and The Palms chippy near by is great for soaking some of it up, they are open untill 4am so if you end up in The Stage door
you stand no chance of catching them open

onelegnofeet
20-08-2011, 21:45
I thought the Patch (AVDA Rafael Puig) ran all the way from Parque Santiago right up to Colon2 ??

marbro8
20-08-2011, 21:49
I must add its a great place for a good session and The Palms chippy near by is great for soaking some of it up, they are open untill 4am so if you end up in The Stage door
you stand no chance of catching them openso could the herefordshire bull be classed as on the patch? cus thats a good pub

sunspot
20-08-2011, 22:08
Not sure, thats the other side of the road

CARPETMANAL
21-08-2011, 03:03
Ok remember the stagedoor!!!thanx many a late night!!!!

its not me
21-08-2011, 03:11
coming over next week it all sounds good to me

Added after 6 minutes:

i would love to meet one person on this forum just to see if there are people behind the names i will be there next week happy days

Andy0210
21-08-2011, 03:46
i would love to meet one person on this forum just to see if there are people behind the names i will be there next week happy days

That might be difficult as we are all computer generated replies but if you let us know who the one person you want to meet is we will see what the computer can come up with! ;)

golazzo
21-08-2011, 06:23
Computer says Noo:laugh:

junglejim
21-08-2011, 10:39
coming over next week it all sounds good to me

Added after 6 minutes:

Get along to ThePub in Torviscas and meet TonyPub , we are all clones of Tony !!

Leadplayer
14-12-2011, 03:45
used to like the sax bar shame it closed

Medman
14-12-2011, 09:09
used to like the sax bar shame it closed

Must have been recently; I was there in September. Always stuck to the philosophy of live music and reasonable prices. Sad if it has closed. :mad:

Leadplayer
14-12-2011, 09:14
Must have been recently; I was there in September. Always stuck to the philosophy of live music and reasonable prices. Sad if it has closed. :mad:

obviously my mistake we where there year before last and it obviously changed hands I thought it had closed altogether good to hear and the 2 that used to be resident musicians lead guitar and the owner on drums was always great have to get down there on saturday and see whats happening

CARPETMANAL
14-12-2011, 10:22
Must have been recently; I was there in September. Always stuck to the philosophy of live music and reasonable prices. Sad if it has closed. :mad:thanks, hope its still open, had some great nights in there, the drummer /owner was the drummer with the 70s band the skids, and he could play!! anyone know if the dutch bar above the sax is still open??

Medman
14-12-2011, 11:29
thanks, hope its still open, had some great nights in there, the drummer /owner was the drummer with the 70s band the skids, and he could play!! anyone know if the dutch bar above the sax is still open??

Pretty sure Tom doesn't have the bar any more. Last time we were in staff were very friendly and eager to please. Free shot with every drink (don't think they were full strength) Nuts on the tables. Just got the impression they wanted your business. Well done and I wish them success. Keep music live !!

I remember The Skids, that was Stuart Adamson's first big band before he went on to form Big Country. A bit of Jock 'n' Roll.

Zara
14-12-2011, 11:42
thanks, hope its still open, had some great nights in there, the drummer /owner was the drummer with the 70s band the skids, and he could play!! anyone know if the dutch bar above the sax is still open??

I have only ever known the Sax Bar to be owned by Goran Jovanovic along with the one behind it, think it is called the Sports Bar. Nice guy - not a Brit or Canarian, think he may be Eastern European with a name like that :ashamed: Always has good live music.

Medman
14-12-2011, 13:12
I have only ever known the Sax Bar to be owned by Goran Jovanovic along with the one behind it, think it is called the Sports Bar. Nice guy - not a Brit or Canarian, think he may be Eastern European with a name like that :ashamed: Always has good live music.

Maybe Tom just ran the Sax bar and played in it as well. It deserves to get a turn.

Leadplayer
15-12-2011, 19:26
Looking forward to having a beer in there this saturday night taxi picks us up around 4.30am tomorrow ( friday ) take off 7.30am arrive around 12 lunch time guess its all systems go now for a couple of hours final check on the bags quick bite to eat and then a couple of hours zzzzz's look forward to seeing some of you guy's over the next 2 weeks we're staying as usual at the paradise club Adeje