PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy hydrochloric or muriatic acid for swimming pool maintenance?

TIS
20-08-2011, 17:22
Does any one know of a company that sells hydrochloric or muriatic acid - used to reduce the alkalinity of water?

We found that friends and ourselves were using tons of chemicals to reduce the PH level of the swimming pool, but having read up on the subject now understand that unless the alkaline levels are correct the PH level will be way out too.

Trouble is, all the pool testing kits that are for sale here only test chlorine and PH levels.

Any advise much appreciated. :tiphat:

KirstyJay
14-09-2011, 19:32
Heve you found an answer to this yet? Forum member Sunspot has a good contact for pool maintenance, so may be able to help :)

TIS
14-09-2011, 22:16
Thanks Kirsty and no. I have been amazed that so far nobody measures alkaline level in the pool water, yet this is fundamental to the Ph level being correct.

I'll give Sunspot a try, thanks

timmylish
15-09-2011, 00:06
I,m sure that I read somewhere that allowing the kids to pee in the pool helps considerably! Unfortunately I cannot provide evidence of this. Sorry!

TIS
15-09-2011, 00:14
i,m sure that i read somewhere that allowing the kids to pee in the pool helps considerably! Unfortunately i cannot provide evidence of this. Sorry!

lol....lol