PDA

View Full Version : How do I transfer videos from my camera card to my computer?

Unicorn
21-08-2011, 13:39
Can anyone tell me how to transfer videos from my camera card onto my computer....

The photos are no problem, but I can't seem to view the videos for some reason.

Thanks.

Added after 7 minutes:

Can anyone tell me how to transfer videos from my camera card onto my computer....

The photos are no problem, but I can't seem to view the videos for some reason.

Thanks.

Sorry, not quite right ! I meant to say that I transfer via a card reader but can't play the videos

KirstyJay
21-08-2011, 13:58
That's not a problem with the videos then, it's to do with the player available on your machine.

You need to know what format the camera takes videos in, in order to find a compatible player, however VLC player plays virtually everything so if you download and install that, it should do the job.

Just google VLC Player, as I'm replying on my phone, so can't post a link right now. :)

slodgedad
21-08-2011, 14:02
That's not a problem with the videos then, it's to do with the player available on your machine.

You need to know what format the camera takes videos in, in order to find a compatible player, however VLC player plays virtually everything so if you download and install that, it should do the job.

Just google VLC Player, as I'm replying on my phone, so can't post a link right now. :)

HERE (http://downloads.yahoo.com/software/windows-media-vlc-for-windows-videolan--s44127) it is.....

Unicorn
21-08-2011, 14:20
I have downloaded it, and will try it out.

Thanks so much for that !

Added after 37 minutes:

I have downloaded and used the VLC Player successfully. Thanks, it's great !

Just a couple more questions - Can I save and then play the videos without using the card ? I have tried but it seems I have to insert the card every time ? Also, is it possible to send them on to someone ?

In The Sun
23-08-2011, 15:21
Just install and open a new folder on your hard drive and drag and drop the videos / photos to the folder. You can then just click on them. You can also send them by making them attachments in your emails