PDA

View Full Version : Can I drive motor-scooter 50cc in Tenerife with a car driving license?

Nikas
21-08-2011, 16:34
Can I drive 50cc motor-scooter in Tenerife with simple driving license for car? Does anyone know? :)

bonitatime
21-08-2011, 18:02
You can with a Spanish license but I am noy sure if you can with a UK one.

Tenerife Blade
21-08-2011, 21:06

Hi Bonitatime.

I hold a Spanish driving licence, and I'm toying with buying a 125cc scooter from a friend. Do you know up to what engine size scooter you can ride on a driving licence please?

dom
22-08-2011, 10:49
Can I drive 50cc motor-scooter in Tenerife with simple driving license for car? Does anyone know? :) hi nikas you can drive upto a 125 scooter with a full driving licence but you are not allowed on the motorway

samnickgodber
22-08-2011, 15:02
hi nikas you can drive upto a 125 scooter with a full driving licence but you are not allowed on the motorway

I´m sorry this is incorrect, i think you will find that you have to have held your Spanish license for more than 3 years then you can ride a 125 and you ARE allowed to go on the TF1 with a 125 cc its a 50cc you are not allowed on the TF1 ;) :)

Nikas
23-08-2011, 12:22
Look,
I'm not from Great Britain. :) I'm from Lithuania (it's European Union). I've a simple car driving license (B category - for cars). It is not provisional as it is for 2 years. Mine's is a full time, just after 10 years we need go to do a new photo, to check health and take a new driving license card. That's it. So I'm a bit confused if I can drive upto 125 scooter in Tenerife or I can't.

I don't understand how they (police) would check the driving license. They gonna watch what driving categories (like cars, bikes, truckts or something like that) are allowed on my driving license?

And another thing. If in my homeland I can't drive scooter without driving license category for bikes, but here I can without bikes category drive scooters, so what would gonna be in such situation?

dom
23-08-2011, 12:45
I´m sorry this is incorrect, i think you will find that you have to have held your Spanish license for more than 3 years then you can ride a 125 and you ARE allowed to go on the TF1 with a 125 cc its a 50cc you are not allowed on the TF1 ;) :) hi if you read my reply it said upto a 125 not a 125 and over and i know this because i had a similar situation with my friend who wanted to hire a bike to go to masca with his girlfriend and this is what the rent a bike said to him on a full brithish car licence btu thats probably my fault for not making that clearer

El Viento
23-08-2011, 15:27

It's not UK forum you know :D or do you want people to write in their own language? :twak:

Can I drive 50cc motor-scooter in Tenerife with simple driving license for car? Does anyone know?

Yes, you can drive with the car driving licence from any EU country. :spin:

Sombra
23-08-2011, 23:52
I enquired about this in person in Trafico in Santa Cruz before I bought my 100 cc scooter a few months ago. My Irish B (car) licence doesn't allow me to drive any type of scooter in Ireland but they told me as it's an EU licence as long as I had it 3 years or more (as someone mentioned already) it would be valid to drive up to and including a 125cc scooter here in Spain. Any higher cc requires a specific motorbike test. My Irish licence only stated valid for car though so after discussing with the man at Trafico I decided to be on the safe side to swap my Irish licence for a Spanish one, which I now have. Makes life easier if you are asked for it and you intend to be here longterm. Very easy swap over process too :yum:

slodgedad
24-08-2011, 00:00
I enquired about this in person in Trafico in Santa Cruz before I bought my 100 cc scooter a few months ago. My Irish B (car) licence doesn't allow me to drive any type of scooter in Ireland but they told me as it's an EU licence as long as I had it 3 years or more (as someone mentioned already) it would be valid to drive up to and including a 125cc scooter here in Spain. Any higher cc requires a specific motorbike test. My Irish licence only stated valid for car though so after discussing with the man at Trafico I decided to be on the safe side to swap my Irish licence for a Spanish one, which I now have. Makes life easier if you are asked for it and you intend to be here longterm. Very easy swap over process too :yum:Reading the replies so far it seems that a car license, apart from an Irish one, covers you.

I know the UK one automatically allows you to drive a 125 (was 250 when I was a lad), but only on a provisional basis in the UK

kingbaker
01-09-2011, 00:11
I enquired about this in person in Trafico in Santa Cruz before I bought my 100 cc scooter a few months ago. My Irish B (car) licence doesn't allow me to drive any type of scooter in Ireland but they told me as it's an EU licence as long as I had it 3 years or more (as someone mentioned already) it would be valid to drive up to and including a 125cc scooter here in Spain. Any higher cc requires a specific motorbike test. My Irish licence only stated valid for car though so after discussing with the man at Trafico I decided to be on the safe side to swap my Irish licence for a Spanish one, which I now have. Makes life easier if you are asked for it and you intend to be here longterm. Very easy swap over process too :yum:

Hi Sombra can you tell me what paperwork you needed please? :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: