PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Do I need an accountant in the UK or Tenerife, or both?

mossy
21-08-2011, 19:01
If someone rent their house in the UK and move to Tenerife,does he/she get an accountant in both countries or get just one in Tenerife to do both tax returns?.Gracias

bonitatime
21-08-2011, 20:48
I very much doubt unless you are using an international tax accountant that they can do your accounts in the UK here

mossy
21-08-2011, 21:00
Yep,i think it might come to that and pay one to do the uk side the princely sum of £250 x2 (2 owners)to fill a very simple"Non-resident landlord scheme – Application to receive UK rental income without deduction of UK tax" and one to do the Tenerife side.I'd love to know how much accountants charge in Tenerife for an uncomplicated tax return?.

atlantico
21-08-2011, 23:39
don't have either = no tax, more beer !

mossy
22-08-2011, 01:12
don't have either = no tax, more beer !
You should be ashamed of yourself:),but just between you and me how do you get away with it?

atlantico
22-08-2011, 14:05
get away with it ? I don't, I pay my taxes !

BUT, someone I know just doesn't tell anyone. They don't rent to DHSS etc as the system will look for you in tax records, they get standing orders sorted etc. . . . . but I don't advice it.

At the end of the day, what's wrong with leaving an 'empty' property in the UK and moving to Tenerife ?

mossy
22-08-2011, 20:09
get away with it ? I don't, I pay my taxes !

BUT, someone I know just doesn't tell anyone. They don't rent to DHSS etc as the system will look for you in tax records, they get standing orders sorted etc. . . . . but I don't advice it.

At the end of the day, what's wrong with leaving an 'empty' property in the UK and moving to Tenerife ?
if it's not rented it'll be left to squatters i should think.:nono:

atlantico
22-08-2011, 23:22
sorry, the 'empty' in exclamation marks was meant to be a bit of a give away, to it not really being left empty, just telling the authorities it is !

timmylish
22-08-2011, 23:29
sorry, the 'empty' in exclamation marks was meant to be a bit of a give away, to it not really being left empty, just telling the authorities it is !

Keep trying.
Penny and drop comes to mind.

mossy
23-08-2011, 07:39
I'm with ya now,thanks for the info:cheeky:

junglejim
23-08-2011, 10:06
I'm with ya now,thanks for the info:cheeky:
The sad thing is , he´ll probably get away with it !! :hide: I just charge my son dig money ! :wink2:

missSJ
07-05-2012, 15:57
I have a property in the Uk, and i´m resitent over here & spend less than 3 months in the Uk.
The tax allowance is maybe 8000 now? I´m not sure but my rental income is less than that, less bills & expenses. I do a tax deceration, but i don´t pay anything as i make less than the allowance. The inland revenune send the tax reture to my address over here to be filled in. Unless i´ve you´re renting your place for a high rent you won´t pay anything, better to have all the paper work correct.
You should call the Uk tax office for advice.
Good luck.