PDA

View Full Version : What shoes do you wear in Tenerife?

bonitatime
22-08-2011, 13:58
I bought a new pair of Australian sandals on the market which are not only comfy but were blue. (You need to know me for this comment). They can be washed in the washing machine too.
This led me to the question what shoes do you wear in Tenerife.
I wear trainers mostly in the winter or boots but struggle in the summer to find something comfortable but attractive.
Give me some ideas please, what do you wear?

onelegnofeet
22-08-2011, 14:01
I bought a new pair of Australian sandals on the market which are not only comfy but were blue. (You need to know me for this comment). They can be washed in the washing machine too.
I wear trainers mostly in the winter or boots but struggle in the summer to find something comfortable but attractive.

I tend to wear Boaters ,mainly because flip Flops and sandals dont stay on with out attatching Velcro !!!LOL

Suej
22-08-2011, 14:08

Lots of people wear Crocs for comfort as to whether they are attractive or not is the decision of the wearer! I bought some Indian flip flop type sandals in Las Americas which are all leather and I find they are great as leather does keep your feet cool!:D

Goforgold
22-08-2011, 15:51
Lots of people wear Crocs for comfort as to whether they are attractive or not is the decision of the wearer! I bought some Indian flip flop type sandals in Las Americas which are all leather and I find they are great as leather does keep your feet cool!:D

Crocs are certainly not attractive, but for serious walking that's what I wear - making sure I have something more respectable to hand in case I bump into anyone I recognise!!! :)

tonypub
22-08-2011, 15:58
i go french with my phillipe pflops

MaxineC
22-08-2011, 16:10
As most of you know, I have a ridiculously large shoe collection, but during the day tend to wear the same tatty flats because they're so comfortable. On an evening, or going somewhere nice for lunch, the heels come out... ;)

sunspot
22-08-2011, 16:26
Flats,flip flops but never heels,oh no fell off of them too many times

Lynne & Lee
22-08-2011, 16:51
Flip flops ...cheap ones get through to many

Jackie
22-08-2011, 17:00
I always wear flats, I like leathery fancy type flip flops but do have a few pairs of rubbery ones for the beach. I do have heels as certain dresses etc. only look right when wearing them but I also have really nice flats that I keep for going out as well if I can get away with wearing them. I absolutely hate any type of closed in shoes/boots now, especially leather ones, they feel so uncomfortable. I left a few pairs of boots and shoes at my dads when we moved here, nothing special but a classic style that can be worn at any time. I put them on in March when I was back there as the weather was so cold. I spent one day wearing them while out shopping and the lot went straight in the bin when I got home that day they absolutely killed me. The only pairs of boots I have now are Uggs, one pair black and one pair beige, they are so soft and comfy, just like slippers, so now if I go back to the UK they will have to come with me

northernlass04
22-08-2011, 21:00
I wear fitflops really comfy and tone your legs at the same time.

slodgedad
22-08-2011, 21:05
Live in cheap Crocs. (€5) except for work when I have to wear pretty stuff.

karinagal
22-08-2011, 21:42
If I'm planning to walk any distance I wear trainers. Other than that, it's sandals or fit flops/tone-ups.. I wear crocs for walking to and from the pool. I can't wear ordinary flip flops as I seem to walk awkwardly and my foot slides off sideways.... over-pronation or something similar..!

Cat Woman
22-08-2011, 22:18
Hi Bonitatime,
Im pleased you like the Hand Made Australian Sandals you bought from me on the Market. I live in them! They are brilliant for cat catching, climbing up hills and over rocks! Every one finds them really comfortable, with or without a toe post. Theres nothing to rub as they are made with marine rope and as you said they go in the washing machine, plus you can wear them in the sea, no more standing on things you cant see! They are also none slip. One lady who came back for another pair said, they do every thing except walk for you!!
If anyone buys a pair and they are from the Forum, let me know and I will give you a discount!
Also 1 euro from every pair I sell goes to Cats Welfare.
Sharon. :)

canarybird
23-08-2011, 00:01
I wear Clarks Suntrek sandals or a similar one from Clarks year round here. Not cheap but good for the feet and great for walking.

They cured me of plantar fasciitis which had me on crutches for days - (inflammation of the tendon along the bottom of the foot, caused by wearing very flat sandals and cheap flip flops).

These shoes cured me of that painful condition after wearing them for a couple of weeks:

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous-1/i-PZgqLxr/0/M/thecl14014jb-M.jpg

Canarybird

Goforgold
23-08-2011, 08:23
Hi Bonitatime,
Im pleased you like the Hand Made Australian Sandals you bought from me on the Market. I live in them! They are brilliant for cat catching, climbing up hills and over rocks! Every one finds them really comfortable, with or without a toe post. Theres nothing to rub as they are made with marine rope and as you said they go in the washing machine, plus you can wear them in the sea, no more standing on things you cant see! They are also none slip. One lady who came back for another pair said, they do every thing except walk for you!!
If anyone buys a pair and they are from the Forum, let me know and I will give you a discount!
Also 1 euro from every pair I sell goes to Cats Welfare.
Sharon. :)

Hi Sharon

Can you tell me when and where your stall is - I will come along and try out a pair. :)

Added after 6 minutes:

I wear Clarks Suntrek sandals or a similar one from Clarks year round here. Not cheap but good for the feet and great for walking.

They cured me of plantar fasciitis which had me on crutches for days - (inflammation of the tendon along the bottom of the foot, caused by wearing very flat sandals and cheap flip flops).

These shoes cured me of that painful condition after wearing them for a couple of weeks:

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous-1/i-PZgqLxr/0/M/thecl14014jb-M.jpg

Canarybird

These look very comfortable CB - will see if I can find some to try on. I suppose Autumn stocks will now be in the shops so could be difficult. I have Hallux Valgus so have to be very careful what type of shoe I wear. If I can't find any in the UK, I could always look in Santa Cruz.

Cat Woman
23-08-2011, 09:25
[QUOTE=Goforgold;85725]Hi Sharon

Can you tell me when and where your stall is - I will come along and try out a pair. :)

Hi Goforgold,
On Sunday my stall is at the top end of the market on the end row with the beach behind, its a nice breezy shoe stall! On Thursday & Saturday Im on the side where the buses are, I think its the 5th row down, 3 stalls in. Im level with the lady selling the hanging glass orniments. My shoes are not only very comfortable, but they look really nice too. I have sizes 1 (34) to 9 (42).
Looking forward to seeing you. Sharon.:)
The Cats Welfare Charity stall is next to me on Thursday & Saturday and opposite me on a Sunday. Anyone got any books or stuff for the Tombloa please bring it down to the stall and we will give you a free pink fluffy computer pig!!:wow:
Sharon.:)

Goforgold
23-08-2011, 09:37
[QUOTE=Goforgold;85725]Hi Sharon

Hi Goforgold,
On Sunday my stall is at the top end of the market on the end row with the beach behind, its a nice breezy shoe stall! On Thursday & Saturday Im on the side where the buses are, I think its the 5th row down, 3 stalls in. Im level with the lady selling the hanging glass orniments. My shoes are not only very comfortable, but they look really nice too. I have sizes 1 (34) to 9 (42).
Looking forward to seeing you. Sharon.:)
The Cats Welfare Charity stall is next to me on Thursday & Saturday and opposite me on a Sunday. Anyone got any books or stuff for the Tombloa please bring it down to the stall and we will give you a free pink fluffy computer pig!!:wow:
Sharon.:)

See you in a few week's time!! ;)

Tinkabel
23-08-2011, 10:54
Fly flots for me especially when i'm working, Anti slip sole washable italian leather and so very comfortable. Heels for evening time though.

chifleta
24-08-2011, 14:49
I wear flip flops (thongy type cheapo ones from Nš1, veryyyy comfy), trainers (for gym), trainers (for trekking), trainers (for fishing) ... and nowadays when I go out of an evening, my cute peeptoe heals, one beige pair, one stripey pair, and after losing over 5 stone, I can actually walk in them without the heal snapping off... heaven... when I go to England I take my brazilian knee high boots, took ages to find the right ones because I had big calves too... only problem now is I have to wear 3 pairs of socks with them because my feet have shrunk along with the rest of me :) ... anyone fancy buying my size 8 boots? (only worn about 8 times in 4 years - cost 100 squid new, will accept sensible offer LOL need money for my UK shopping trip in November) :spin:

Pink shoes
24-08-2011, 15:44
A shoe chat...and I have only just seen it!

When I came to Tenerife in June I brought x2 pairs of sandals. Black and a brown pair. Totally the wrong colours but thought I would wear what I had. I also had a pair of Birkenstock - Betula plastic type flops for around the pool/beach.
I wore my pink trainers on the plane.

Today here in the UK I am waring my summer sale purchase from Clarks. Pale blue( much more my colour) ballet like shoes. They fit realy well now I have worn them in.

KirstyJay
24-08-2011, 18:31
I got some sketchers tone-ups in the states and they are the best for wearing out and about.

videotalker
24-08-2011, 18:37
I got Sketchers Tone Ups from TK Maxx the other day - they are ssooooo comfy - and even better I paid Ģ27.99 for them and they are Ģ70 on Ebay and Ģ80 in Debenhams.

RESULT!!!!!!!

KirstyJay
24-08-2011, 18:43
I got mine for 25$ in an outlet store. Bargain! Best shoes I've had. I'll definitely get more. :)

henry
24-08-2011, 18:48
i just brought some shoes today at my size 50 heyyyyyyy!! in the u.k. i think thatīs 14 and a half (i think)
and the shoes are addiads

MaxineC
24-08-2011, 22:25
I got some sketchers tone-ups in the states and they are the best for wearing out and about.

Does that mean you're skinny & toned now? If so, can I have them for a couple of weeks please... :whistle:

caroletenerife
24-08-2011, 22:53
I got a pair of these Australian sandals from Sharon today, they are really comfy to the point of forgetting you have them on, cant do heals in tenerife, seems pointless. i see the spanish girls wearing them and i think ohhhh noo

marbro8
24-08-2011, 23:04
i love my lacoste flip flops, if you are going to wear flip flops they have to be designer;)

sunspot
24-08-2011, 23:09
i just brought some shoes today at my size 50 heyyyyyyy!! in the u.k. i think thatīs 14 and a half (i think)
and the shoes are addiads

Great news Henry,so glad you manged to get your shoe problem sorted

longtallalice
25-08-2011, 00:20
Has to be fit flops every time used to pack loads of shoes then just wear fit flops now living here not had fit flops off my feet for a week and at least 50 pairs are hopefully winging there way across the seas just be put in a cupboard !

videotalker
25-08-2011, 09:47
Hey Cat Woman

I am coming over in 3 weeks time and will pop down and try on a pair of your sandals - how much are they?

Cheers