PDA

View Full Version : HOME Needed! The rescue kitten from Esmeralda Hotel will need a home in 2 weeks.

Cat Woman
22-08-2011, 20:19
Hi,
Heres a photo of the grey male kitten Caroletenerife rescued on Friday. Hes about 6 weeks old. Hes thin, full of fleas and worms and as you can see his eye is really bad, probably from a virus. I have been bathing his eye and putting drops in. I will take him to the vets in the morning.
He should be fit and healthy in a couple of weeks and ready for a new loving home. Hes friendly but nervous, but he did purr while watching Corry on my knee!
SueJ very kindly offered a donation towards the vet bill, thank you so much. Sue is also dropping some food off at the Live Arico shop in San Eugenio so Caroletenerife can carry on feeding the colony of cats at the Esmeralda hotel.
We hope to start catching them for neutering etc in the next few days.
Sharon.
PS: I know the photo is awful to look at, but I want people to see what we are up against.

caroletenerife
22-08-2011, 22:02
thanks again Sharon, glad you put the photo on, i wasnt sure whether to because of the complaints about the picture of the dog with the open wound on its neck on another thread. I felt it detracted from the real issue of the poor dogs suffering. Ive been up tonight and they are all present and correct, i could hear the new babies (just over a week old, i think)but they are over a wall and mum has them well hidden. Someone gave me a fiver as i was feeding them, so you can have that towards neutering....every little helps, as we all know xxxx

Cat Woman
24-08-2011, 22:46
I took the kitten to the vets yesterday, he has ulcers in his eye, they are quite bad. I have madicine and drops for him and I take him back to the vets Friday. His eye is a little bit better, its not running as much and its not as red.
Hes so affectionate, its like his eye doesnt bother him. He sits on my knee purring, hes on my knee now while Im on the computer. Hes a lovely two tone grey colour, pale silver grey and dark grey stripes. Hes also quite fluffy. He will make someone a lovely pet and he will be 100% well when he is re homed.
Sharon. :)

Cat Woman
26-08-2011, 15:38
Took Smokey Joe back to the vets this morning, he is slowly responding to the treatment, his eye had made a slight improvement. I go back with him again on Monday. He is strong enough to worm today. He loves his food and treats, hes always purring. :hellokitty:
I have to clean and put the drops in his eye every 4 hours so I have to wake him up in the night and hes always so happy, he even purrs as Im doing his eye.

caroletenerife
26-08-2011, 17:29
Took Smokey Joe back to the vets this morning, he is slowly responding to the treatment, his eye had made a slight improvement. I go back with him again on Monday. He is strong enough to worm today. He loves his food and treats, hes always purring. :hellokitty:
I have to clean and put the drops in his eye every 4 hours so I have to wake him up in the night and hes always so happy, he even purrs as Im doing his eye.
awww bless xxx, got shouted at by spanish man last night, hes says let the cats starve, they carry the PLAQUE haha, eejit. i told him in my best glaswegian accent to 'eff off ya ignorant numpty' x

Suej
26-08-2011, 17:57
Great news on Smokey Jo! Thanks so much for the update!

X

mony71
27-08-2011, 00:17
omg,the poor bugger,well done to you for helping him out and hope you have no probs rehoming this poor little love xx

Cat Woman
27-08-2011, 15:55
Smokey Joe can now close his bad eye, so the swelling has gone down quite a bit. Hes such a happy little kitten, he loves people and hes not bothered by my old dog. Hes such a lovable cutie. He would make a perfect pet. I will put an updated photo on soon.