PDA

View Full Version : Excursions Where is best for whale watching in Tenerife?

power_scouse
23-08-2011, 15:01
im going to las americas in december and would love to go whale watching, does anyone know weres the best place for this and is it the right time of year?

Red Devil
23-08-2011, 15:10
im going to las americas in december and would love to go whale watching, does anyone know weres the best place for this and is it the right time of year?

Hi - you will be able to take a boat trip to see the whales and dolphins anytime of the year.
The trips can be taken either from the harbour at Los Cristianos or from Puerto Colon in Las Americas. Personally I find the 2 hour one long enough but there are 3 - 4 hour ones I believe that go as far as Los Gigantes a bit further up the coast.
I would tend to book on the day of the trip rather than in advance as I need to know the sea is going to be calm!

CIM
23-08-2011, 15:14
I went a couple of weeks ago for someones birthday. 20€ each booked through www.propertiesareus.com
The boat went from Puerto Colon and we were out for about 3 and a half hours. We saw a huge pod of pilot whales and some of them were right next to the boat. Then on the way back they stop off near La Caleta for swimming. We also saw some dolphins on the way back. Sandwiches and drinks are included and the boat isnt too packed so plenty of room for viewing.

Young Golfer runs Properties are us (he is a member on here) and can be contacted via pm: Young Golfer profile (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/member.php?89-YOUNG-GOLFER)