PDA

View Full Version : What vitamins do you take?

Suej
23-08-2011, 15:57
I take Omega3, VitaminC and Glucosamin Sulphate and wonder how long it really takes for these vitamins to take effect on the body system. Who else regularly takes vitamins or do you think they are a waste of time and money?...and does anyone know if there´s any truth in the reports that Antibiotics kill off too much Vitamin C in our bodies. :)

Bobby
23-08-2011, 16:49
I take Omega3, VitaminC and Glucosamin Sulphate and wonder how long it really takes for these vitamins to take effect on the body system. Who else regularly takes vitamins or do you think they are a waste of time and money?...and does anyone know if there´s any truth in the reports that Antibiotics kill off too much Vitamin C in our bodies. :)

I am currently taking Bio Brand 1000 MGN-3 Arabinoxylan Compound. This is to help my immune system. The only problem is that it cost £107 for a months supply. I believe it's doing me good.

Goforgold
23-08-2011, 16:58
I take 4 Fish Oil Omega 3&6r Capsules plus 1 MultiVitamin.

Thanks for the thread Suej, I've never bothered to read the packet before - been taking them for a couple of years now!!

Just found out each two capsules provides: 600mg Fish Oil, 236mg Evening Primrose Oil, 10iu Vitamin E. They do seem to help 'brain fog'!! :)

MaxineC
23-08-2011, 17:24
None, I'm allergic to vitamin supplements... :crazy:

Suej
23-08-2011, 17:26
None, I'm allergic to vitamin supplements... :crazy:

How did you find that out Max?

Malteser Monkey
23-08-2011, 17:27
Rattle rattle you lot:D

What's wrong with good old food ?:yum::whistle:

anything remotely healthy she's allergic to :D

Suej
23-08-2011, 17:28
I take 4 Fish Oil Omega 3&6r Capsules plus 1 MultiVitamin.

Thanks for the thread Suej, I've never bothered to read the packet before - been taking them for a couple of years now!!

Just found out each two capsules provides: 600mg Fish Oil, 236mg Evening Primrose Oil, 10iu Vitamin E. They do seem to help 'brain fog'!! :)

Is that more foggy or less GFG?:devil:

MaxineC
23-08-2011, 17:28

By taking them... :rofl:

My dad is too... just a pair of sensitive souls ;)

Suej
23-08-2011, 17:29

MaxineC
23-08-2011, 17:31
anything remotely healthy she's allergic to :D

this is very true, I was destined to be a walking health risk... :heyhey:

Malteser Monkey
23-08-2011, 17:41

my turn to ask a silly question - what does this mean SueJ

Suej
23-08-2011, 17:44
my turn to ask a silly question - what does this mean SueJ
it´s a single one of these:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::cheeky:

Malteser Monkey
23-08-2011, 17:46
Okey dokey you need to cut down on some of those supplements - I crack the jokes round here !:crylaughing:

So what your saying is it's a lower form of this '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':cheeky:

MaxineC
23-08-2011, 17:46
Right, I'm off to see my neurologist... If I'm not back in a few hours it possibly means I've been sectioned and they're giving me a fitting for my straight-jacket!! :crazy:

Laters ladies xx

Malteser Monkey
23-08-2011, 17:47
Suerte chica

bit late tho - is it an out of office hours appointment hmmmm

Suej
23-08-2011, 17:51
Okey dokey you need to cut down on some of those supplements - I crack the jokes round here !:crylaughing:

So what your saying is it's a lower form of this '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':cheeky:

I just need some Brain fog pills and I´ll be fine!

Good luck for later Max!

Goforgold
23-08-2011, 17:53
Is that more foggy or less GFG?:devil:

You tell me!!!! ;)

Malteser Monkey
23-08-2011, 17:53
so whay does it mean then

You tell me!!!! ;)

sirocco style:D

afternoon GFG

Goforgold
23-08-2011, 17:58
What's happening with the posts ???

Afternoon MM - are you playing mind games with me ???

Malteser Monkey
23-08-2011, 18:08
What's happening with the posts ???

Afternoon MM - are you playing mind games with me ???

I don't know hun - all I can see is fog :rofl:

Suej
23-08-2011, 18:09
Right, I'm off to see my neurologist... If I'm not back in a few hours it possibly means I've been sectioned and they're giving me a fitting for my straight-jacket!! :crazy:

Laters ladies xx

Good luck! can you order a jacket for me in a smaller size please Max?:wave:

Malteser Monkey
23-08-2011, 18:14
Good luck! can you order a jacket for me in a smaller size please Max?:wave:

How rude - what are trying to say ...................................:raspberry2:

Suej
23-08-2011, 18:19
How rude - what are trying to say ...................................:raspberry2:

I have short arms?:laugh:

cainaries
23-08-2011, 18:23
1000mg Cod Liver Oil which contain vitamins A and D (is that in the fish oil, I never thought about it before). And some stuff called Retilut, recommended by my opthalmic surgeon which is: aceite funte de poiinsaturados, acidos grasos Omega-3, vitamin C and E and some other 'stuff'. It's to help with the spots in front of my eyes (not Maxine's shoes). I wouldn't suggest anyone should take it without asking medical advice though you can get it over the counter.

I can't take glucosamine as I'm allergic to most kinds of fish - but fortunately not cod!

Goforgold
23-08-2011, 18:37
1000mg Cod Liver Oil which contain vitamins A and D (is that in the fish oil, I never thought about it before). And some stuff called Retilut, recommended by my opthalmic surgeon which is: aceite funte de poiinsaturados, acidos grasos Omega-3, vitamin C and E and some other 'stuff'. It's to help with the spots in front of my eyes (not Maxine's shoes). I wouldn't suggest anyone should take it without asking medical advice though you can get it over the counter.

I can't take glucosamine as I'm allergic to most kinds of fish - but fortunately not cod!

I've tried glucosamine quite a few times - for some reason if makes me strange in the mornings!!! No comments here please!!!!

Suej
23-08-2011, 18:40
I've tried glucosamine quite a few times - for some reason if makes me strange in the mornings!!! No comments here please!!!!:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing: No comments from me GFG!

atlantico
23-08-2011, 18:45
I am currently taking Bio Brand 1000 MGN-3 Arabinoxylan Compound. This is to help my immune system. The only problem is that it cost £107 for a months supply. I believe it's doing me good.

I take 1000mg Vit C with Zinc each night dissolved in a pint of water to go to bed with, to help my immune system. I need to keep my immunity levels high due to 3 different cancers being diagnosed/treated. Bobby, how much of this BIOBRAN do you take a day, sachet/tablets?

Goforgold
23-08-2011, 18:55
:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing: No comments from me GFG!

You carry on like this and I'll make you squirm!!! :laugh:

warbey
23-08-2011, 19:12
I've tried glucosamine quite a few times - for some reason if makes me strange in the mornings!!! No comments here please!!!!

Maxiner please note.!

Suej
23-08-2011, 19:13
:surrender:
You carry on like this and I'll make you squirm!!! :laugh:

Sorry your Highness!:surrender::bowdown:

Maxiner please note.!

The Doc will see to her Warbs!:devil2:

Goforgold
23-08-2011, 19:15
Maxiner please note.!

Now Warbs - there's no need for you to be rude too. I had some serious repercussions on those Glucosamine! :crazy:

warbey
23-08-2011, 19:18
I agree with Monkey on this, unless told differently, which hasny happened yet.
I prefer My Vitamins off a Plate with a knife and fork.

In the past I have suffered from mild Depression and found a Vitamin B tablet
each Day for about three days fixex it.

Added after 2 minutes:

Now Warbs - there's no need for you to be rude too. I had some serious repercussions on those Glucosamine! :crazy:

Sorry GFG, no offence meant, humouir interfered with sense I'm afraid, and I had no idea it was as serious as that.

Suej
23-08-2011, 19:21
I agree with Monkey on this, unless told differently, which hasny happened yet.
I prefer My Vitamins off a Plate with a knife and fork.

In the past I have suffered from mild Depression and found a Vitamin B tablet
each Day for about three days fixex it.

I tried that but the just fly all over the place!:dontknow:

dokgolf
23-08-2011, 19:21
550 mg Cod Liver Oil daily to help keep my joints supple when training ( esp my knees)
1 multivitamin for general well being
2 tablets of high concentration Kelp which i find is a big help counteracting my fatigue.

warbey
23-08-2011, 19:26
550 mg Cod Liver Oil daily to help keep my joints supple when training ( esp my knees)
2 tablets of high concentration Kelp which i find is a big help counteracting my fatigue.

Think I'll stick to a Bottle of Red. as recommended by My Doctor. (alright it was a GLASS)

Sal
23-08-2011, 20:08
Think I'll stick to a Bottle of Red. as recommended by My Doctor. (alright it was a GLASS)

I take that as well!

I also take Cod Liver Oil for joints, multi-vitamins with iron for good blood and B complex so those little buggers don't eat me next time I'm in Tenerife!

slodgedad
23-08-2011, 20:17
Slightly off topic, but I can't answer the OP til someone tells me what vitamins there are in Hiperdino 19 cent beer.

Suej
23-08-2011, 20:30

I better take 6 of them then! Soooo tired lately!:sleeping: I´m under par Dokgolf!:cheeky:

Slightly off topic, but I can't answer the OP til someone tells me what vitamins there are in Hiperdino 19 cent beer.

Buy some Multi vitamins and wash ´em down with the beer! that should do it!:D

Added after 2 minutes:

Not a Pint glass though Warbs!:neener:

Sundowner
23-08-2011, 21:33
I take tonic.................with my gin :)

Goforgold
23-08-2011, 21:42
Sorry GFG, no offence meant, humouir interfered with sense I'm afraid, and I had no idea it was as serious as that.

I feel really guilty now!! :( It wasn't THAT serious Warbs , just couldn't get going when I woke up!! Come to think about it, I've got that same problem at the moment!!! ;)

dokgolf
23-08-2011, 21:47
I feel really guilty now!! :( It wasn't THAT serious Warbs , just couldn't get going when I woke up!! Come to think about it, I've got that same problem at the moment!!! ;)
You should try cleaning ovens, it certainly woke me up;)

Goforgold
23-08-2011, 21:54
You should try cleaning ovens, it certainly woke me up;)

Hey!!! Where've you been? We've missed you!!! :)

That lemon quiche didn't help the diet at all!!! ;)

dokgolf
23-08-2011, 21:59
Hey!!! Where've you been? We've missed you!!! :)

That lemon quiche didn't help the diet at all!!! ;)

Been on holidays here in Ireland. Golfed a lot, drank a lot and ate a lot ( but not any Yorkshire puds)

Goforgold
23-08-2011, 22:06
Been on holidays here in Ireland. Golfed a lot, drank a lot and ate a lot ( but not any Yorkshire puds)

You need to get on to that new Diet Thread of Kirsty's then!!! :)

Suej
23-08-2011, 22:09

Can you let us know when you go trotting off on your Jollies! I´ve been waiting to find out how much lemon juice to put in the puds!:cheeky:

dokgolf
23-08-2011, 22:10
You need to get on to that new Diet Thread of Kirsty's then!!! :)

I've thrown in my tuppence worth there already, but I find just talking about diets makes me hungry

Can you let us know when you go trotting off on your Jollies! I´ve been waiting to find out how much lemon juice to put in the puds!:cheeky:
I'm bitter enough without adding lemon to my puds!!

Now, you made me go off topic again!:sorry:

Goforgold
23-08-2011, 22:14
I'm bitter enough without adding lemon to my puds!!

Now, you made me go off topic again!:sorry:

Hey Suej, this Dokgolf is easily led??!!!! ;)

dokgolf
23-08-2011, 22:22
Hey Suej, this Dokgolf is easily led??!!!! ;)

I'm a little puppy dog!

Suej
23-08-2011, 22:25
I'm a little puppy dog!

Awwww!:crylaughing:

cainaries
23-08-2011, 22:36

Ooh, who's your doctor? OH and I are signing up immediately.

Added after 6 minutes:

The ophthalmic surgeon also recommended a medicine which contained glucosamine and when I went back I told him I couldn't take it as I got counter indications (or whatever the technical term is) and he shook his head sadly and said that this was happening more and more these days. So you are not alone in feeling strange in the mornings, GFG. Even though I'm not taking it any more I still feel rather discombobulated myself.

KirstyJay
01-09-2011, 13:19
I take Omega3, VitaminC and Glucosamin SulphateI take Glocosamine Hydrocloride and Chondroitin. :)

Malteser Monkey
01-09-2011, 13:26
are these to help with spelling Kirsty ?:cheeky::twak:

KirstyJay
01-09-2011, 13:28
No. For Arthiritis... cheeky ;) :p