PDA

View Full Version : Charity Notice Accion del sol weekly news

Tia
29-05-2011, 09:37
A good write up in Diaro de Avisos about Accion-del-sol ..... A dog is not a toy that is forgotten when it ceases to amuse, although there seems to be many people who think otherwise.
Perros que buscan un dueño | Diario de Avisos
www.diariodeavisos.com
Marion Kopke, directora de Acción del Sol, sostiene un cariñoso cachorro, entre los 220 perros que acoge el refugio./ ESTEBAN PÉREZ

What a great week for adoptions, 10 dogs in the last week have found loving new homes, theres still more dogs coming in to the refuge than going out but this has been a great way to end the week. This lovely black cross Labrador arrived at the refuge in a very bad condition and still needs a further operation on his back leg in the future which the new owners are happy to accommodate. This lucky lab has definitely landed "on all 4 paws " with his new Belgium owners.

Due to the high increase in dogs being brought into the refuge Marion has asked if anyone would like to help then donations of collars, leads, balls and play toys, towels, blankets and sheets would be very much appreciated. Please call the refuge on 922778630 or myself on 687905511 if you would like items donated collected.
Please do come and visit Accion Del Sol if you are looking to adopt a dog, the refuge is open Monday- Friday 3-6pm and it is situated at junction 51 on the TF1 directly next to ITER the ecological wind farm at Granadilla poligono Industrial Estate. Why not join our Accion Del Sol Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=canvas#!/profile.php?id=100000729042460 where you can see regular daily updates on the good work done at Accion Del Sol as well as our fund raising events and see some of the beautiful dogs that are looking for new loving homes.

Tia
29-05-2011, 19:37
This little dog in the photo is desperately seeking a new home. Everytime i visit the refuge he just sits quietly waiting and watching , He is very nervous as he has been very badly treated and he needs an owner who has lots of love and time to spend with him, if you think you could be his new owner and you have the time to give him then please contact the refuge on 922778630.

Susief
29-05-2011, 20:10
Tia he looks lovely. Do you know how old he is?

Tia
29-05-2011, 22:06
Tia he looks lovely. Do you know how old he is?

His name is " David " and hes 2 and a half years old.

Susief
29-05-2011, 22:34
His name is " David " and hes 2 and a half years old.

Ah bless, my friend is after a small dog. Have sent her his pic! Not sure about name as he called same as my hubby! lol or maybe that an omen!

Tia
30-05-2011, 09:31
Ah bless, my friend is after a small dog. Have sent her his pic! Not sure about name as he called same as my hubby! lol or maybe that an omen!
I have received a PM about David so hopefully he will have a new home soon, i really like him so much but my dogs would be to boisterous for him, he really does need alot of time and attention so he can learn to trust humans again .

Susief
30-05-2011, 10:17
I have received a PM about David so hopefully he will have a new home soon, i really like him so much but my dogs would be to boisterous for him, he really does need alot of time and attention so he can learn to trust humans again .

Brilliant news, fingers crossed.

Tia
30-05-2011, 11:28
Brilliant news, fingers crossed.
Will keep you posted on him.

Tia
31-05-2011, 20:25
This little dog in the photo is desperately seeking a new home. Everytime i visit the refuge he just sits quietly waiting and watching , He is very nervous as he has been very badly treated and he needs an owner who has lots of love and time to spend with him, if you think you could be his new owner and you have the time to give him then please contact the refuge on 922778630.

Today David has found a new home with a lovely couple who have loads of time , love and care to give to this nervous , timid little dog. Accion Del Sols vet gave him a clean bill of health before he left the refuge with his new owners complete with his pet passport , castrated and all his innoculations, worm and flea treatment up to date. Im sure his new owners will keep me updated on his progress. Many thanks to his new owners for giving this dog a new chance in life .

Susief
31-05-2011, 20:44
Today David has found a new home with a lovely couple who have loads of time , love and care to give to this nervous , timid little dog. Accion Del Sols vet gave him a clean bill of health before he left the refuge with his new owners complete with his pet passport , castrated and all his innoculations, worm and flea treatment up to date. Im sure his new owners will keep me updated on his progress. Many thanks to his new owners for giving this dog a new chance in life .

Tia I am so pleased. He will be well looked after with my friends. Can't wait to meet him when we are over next time.

Tia
05-06-2011, 21:40
Podencos, the Canarian hunting dogs.

The Podenco Canario is a dog of Egyptian origin which was probably imported to the Canary Islands by the Phoenicians, the Greeks, the Carthaginians and the Egyptians themselves. This breed dates back about seven thousand years.
Is used for rabbit hunting, and to that end, adapts perfectly to the many irregularities of the terrain by using his prodigious nose, his sight and hearing. He endures easily high temperatures and is capable of hunting from dawn to nightfall. Thanks to his nose and his hearing, he can also detect the presence of rabbits at the bottom of natural crevices of the terrain, in cracks in walls, in the heaps of stones at the edges of ploughed fields, in the volcanic tubes and in the thorny bushes. His extraordinary survival is no doubt due to his gifts as a hunter which have made him irreplaceable during the centuries. He is mainly a tracker dog who must neither bark nor catch the game during his scenting work. Is also used in hunting, combined with the ferret, method of hunting authorised on the islands. He usually takes the rabbits in his mouth.

Unfortunately many of these dogs are abandoned when they no longer can hunt , there owners tend to starve them so they allegedly hunt better, its a very common sight to see emaciated podencos roaming the streets of Tenerife having been dumped or they've strayed from there owners.
Accion Del Sol has roughly 50 rescued Podencos at there refuge, all of which have been nursed back to health and living there lives in a purpose built area where they have space to run, hunt and play freely together. They are often over looked as pets due to there hunting instincts. They are very suited for rehoming to people with Fincas or large gardens. If you would be interested in adopting a Podenco then please do come and visit the refuge monday - friday 3 -6 pm. You can see more pictures of Podencos at Accion Del Sol by following this link to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.207183219315978.55513.100000729042460&l=005a0af56e

Please do come and visit Accion Del Sol if you are looking to adopt a dog, the refuge is open Monday- Friday 3-6pm and it is situated at junction 51 on the TF1 directly next to ITER the ecological wind farm at Granadilla poligono Industrial Estate. Why not join our Accion Del Sol Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=canvas#!/profile.php?id=100000729042460 where you can see regular daily updates on the good work done at Accion Del Sol as well as our fund raising events and see some of the beautiful dogs that are looking for new loving homes. Accion Del Sol 922778630.

Tia
08-06-2011, 12:16
HELPING PAWS
In the autumn "Accion del sol" will start a new campaign to provide dog therapy groups so we need volunteers !!

In England and Germany dog therapy in hospitals, educational centres, nursing homes, day care centres and other places where people may be restricted from having pets and where the presence of dogs are deemed in aiding persons recovery or for therapeutic reasons is getting more and more common. It has been proved that people can benefit physically and emotionally from regular contact with the unconditional love of a dog.

In Spain and on the Canarian Island this kind of work and therapy hasn*t become the importance which it should have. If you have a few hours a week spare, a compassion for animals, transport and would like to be a volunteer on this new programme or if you feel you would benefit by having a visit from a volunteer and a dog then
please email or contact us on -
teneriffa@aktiontier.org / Tel 922 77 86 30.
You will be introduced to our program and advised in the world of emotions.
Everything else you will learn at the refuge. So give yourself a kick we are waiting for you...!!!

Please do come and visit Accion Del Sol if you are looking to adopt a dog, the refuge is open Monday- Friday 3-6pm and it is situated at junction 51 on the TF1 directly next to ITER the ecological wind farm at Granadilla poligono Industrial Estate. Why not join our Accion Del Sol Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=canvas#!/profile.php?id=100000729042460 where you can see regular daily updates on the good work done at Accion Del Sol as well as our fund raising events and see some of the beautiful dogs that are looking for new loving homes. Accion Del Sol 922778630.

This is a picture of "Celeste " who is also looking for a new loving home. There are over 220 dogs looking for new homes ranging from small , medium to large , if you think you might like to adopt a dog then please do come and visit the refuge. Marion is also looking for dog walkers, so if you have a little bit of time on your hands then do come and make a dog or two very happy.

Tia
17-06-2011, 22:29
We have lots of dogs searching for there new homes, please visit our adoption site on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.207182819316018.55512.100000729042460 or visit Accion Del Sol monday - friday 3-6pm or call 922778630 for more information.

Tia
19-06-2011, 21:40
July the 2nd is our next fund raising event which is our "Fun run " , its 3.5km for adults with there dog and 1.5km for children, the entrance fee is 5e which includes food and drink. If you would like to enter but you don't have a dog then theres lots of dogs at the refuge that would love to join in.The event starts at 10.30 at the refuge . There is lots of different categories and prizes for the winners. This is be followed by a foam party , so don't forget your swimwear !! we will also have lots of other activities including fun mini golf, ball games, children's work shop, music, salad buffet, yummy cakes and lots more fun for all the family. If you would like more information or to register then please contact Accion Del Sol on 922778630 or you can find more informationon our Facebook event page at https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=171476136240452.

Dogs Die in Hot Cars
Now the hotter weather has arrived here in Tenerife the inside of a car can get very hot, very quickly. If you leave your dog in your car, the heat can have a detrimental effect on the animal a lot sooner than you may think.

When the temperature reaches 22C/72F outside, the temperature inside a car can reach 47C/117F within an hour. Leaving your window open or covering your windscreen has very little effect on cooling the vehicle down.

Dogs in hot cars can begin to pant very quickly. This can be the start of heatstroke. Once a dog has heatstroke it can die very quickly.

If you see a dog locked in a car during the hot weather please contact the local police immediately it may just save a dogs life.

Tia
22-06-2011, 19:21
San miguel new abandoned dog policy

Aktion Tier Accion
Después de las elecciones en San Miguel de Abona, el nuevo gobierno no considera necesaria la recogida de los perros abandonados. Esto lamentablemente es un paso hacia atras en la protección animal.
Aktion Tier has just announced that as a result of the elections San Miguel De Abona no longer consider it necessary to collect the abandonned dogs .This is unfortunately a step backwards in animal protection. Aktion Tier is very upset at this decision

caroletenerife
22-06-2011, 20:29
Hope this is an isolated decision and wont spread amoungst the authorities...all refuges are at breaking point at it is.

astara
24-06-2011, 23:10
Residents of the area please report if you see an increase in dogs around your areas, its hard enough to get the ayuntamientos who do have a policy in place to collect dogs in first place. A very backward step.

Tia
25-06-2011, 08:55
Residents of the area please report if you see an increase in dogs around your areas, its hard enough to get the ayuntamientos who do have a policy in place to collect dogs in first place. A very backward step.

Unfortunately Ayuntamientos dont regard dogs as priority, it doesnt bode well with the present economy, hopefully they will overturn there decision in the near future, in the meantime its the poor dogs that suffer as usual here on the island.

warmwind
27-06-2011, 14:07
Here's a success story of a dog who found a home -

Click here to see more

(http://www.tenerifedogs.com/gizmostory2.html)http://www.tenerifedogs.com/GIZMO/1st-page.jpg

You can join Gizmo on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002344553963)

caroletenerife
27-06-2011, 17:18
Could you tell me if a black and white collie type dog has been brought to you over the weekend, lost in San Eugenio area. Owner says its chipped but not at present address, told him to call you but he is Italian and i dont know how much he understood, thanks

SuzyQ
27-06-2011, 19:02
They need to go to the Adeje pound CT, and ask there. :)

Tia
27-06-2011, 20:56
Here's a success story of a dog who found a home -

Click here to see more

(http://www.tenerifedogs.com/gizmostory2.html)http://www.tenerifedogs.com/GIZMO/1st-page.jpg

You can join Gizmo on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002344553963)

This is brilliant Warmwind, Marion is going to translate it into Spanish and German to use as an educational aid for the children that visit the refuge, A big thank - you for all your hard work.

caroletenerife
27-06-2011, 21:17
They need to go to the Adeje pound CT, and ask there. :)
He says he has and police, they say they have not got it, mabey someone picked it up and took it to whichever animal refuge they are familiar with. Im off out to look for Phil from Dingos to see if he has it or has seen it

Tia
28-06-2011, 09:03
Dont forget our "Fun Run " this saturday the 2nd of July starting at 10.30 at the refuge. Its going to be a great day out for all the family with the fun races, foam party, childrens workshops, mini crazy golf, lots of games for the children, entertainment, rastro, cake stall, and much more. Please call Marion on 922778630 for more information or to enter.

Zara
28-06-2011, 10:57
Dont forget our "Fun Run " this saturday the 2nd of July starting at 10.30 at the refuge. Its going to be a great day out for all the family with the fun races, foam party, childrens workshops, mini crazy golf, lots of games for the children, entertainment, rastro, cake stall, and much more. Please call Marion on 922778630 for more information or to enter.

Is it correct that if you don´t have a dog you can borrow one from the refuge so no excuse for not taking part :)

Tia
28-06-2011, 13:55
Is it correct that if you don´t have a dog you can borrow one from the refuge so no excuse for not taking part :)
Thats right Zara, theres lots of dogs at the refuge that would love to join in the fun, theres already about 70 people entered in the races so its going to be a great day for all. Theres going to be alot of tired but happy dogs at the refuge saturday night.

Tia
29-06-2011, 20:00
Two poor dogs were brought into Accion Del Sol from Guia De Isora today. They are in a really bad way. The dogs chain had grown into her neck, she has been operated on today and the chain removed. We will keep you updated on there progress., or you can also follow the dogs progress on our Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.207182692649364.55511.100000729042460&l=6fe3a16286

For some reason i cant load the pictures !!

MRSBEN
29-06-2011, 20:15
Just seen this on facebook ,I dont think iv ever seen anything like it before .How can an animal do this to a dog. I hope the dogs pick up and the operation goes well .Gobsmacked! .

Jackie
29-06-2011, 20:23
I have seen it on FB as well, sickening. Hope she does OK after her operation, I am sure she will be very relieved to get rid of that chain.

Tia I hope you don't mind but I have attached the photos for you, people need to see these poor dogs and what so called Humans have let happen to them.

Nic
29-06-2011, 20:57
The "owners" of these poor animals should be prosecuted and a jail sentence enforced. What right does a human have to treat an animal like that. These creatures are defenseless, especially when chained up and the pain that dog must have been suffering would have been horrendous. I'm so glad that they have been rescued and I really hope that they find a home that will show them the love that they've been lacking until now. What ages are they roughly? They don't look very old. Poor beasts.

glostergirl
29-06-2011, 21:02
saw this on fb earlier, those poor dogs, i hope someone follows this up with a denuncia or some sort of legal action!! can't post what i want to call these animals!!

caroletenerife
29-06-2011, 21:07
Those pictures are disgusting, did the police bring them in and are the owners being prosecuted. I have seen this before in a dog and with a horses bridle, both made full recoveries albiet a bit of scarring

blue marlin
29-06-2011, 21:08
OMG thats so sad

woolli
29-06-2011, 21:08
saw this on fb earlier, those poor dogs, i hope someone follows this up with a denuncia or some sort of legal action!! can't post what i want to call these animals!!
I dont think you can find any words bad enough the barstewerds!

Sal
29-06-2011, 21:09
How can anybody let these poor animals suffer so badly?

MaxineC
29-06-2011, 21:20
Absolutely lost for words.... :mad::censored::mad:

lynne67
29-06-2011, 22:17
Thats disgusting, the owners of those poor dogs should be chained up see if they like it, i dont understand how someone could do that pure evil hope the dogs recover from from thier horiffic injuries :mad::mad::mad:

CaribeCelt
29-06-2011, 23:17
I am absolutely appalled by that picture.
How could any right thinking person stand by and watch a poor animal suffer like that?
Disgusting.

TIS
30-06-2011, 00:23
Whilst I totally agree that the owners should be treated in the same manner to appreciate what the dogs have gone threw I don't agree with posting these horrendous pics on the forum - Admin should remove these. If people wish to see these they can look them up from the link.

caroletenerife
30-06-2011, 00:56
I disagree, i think the photographs are neccessary and appropriately shown so the viewer can see for themselves what has happened to these dogs, why hide it behind a link. I think it should shock. It used to infuriate me when the fox hunting issue was reported in Uk, footage of a fox running, link to hounds running, but never the kill. The reason used to be it was too gory and upsetting to broadcast, if the sport was too gory to broadcast for all to watch....then it was too gory to be legal.

TIS
30-06-2011, 01:09
I disagree, i think the photographs are neccessary and appropriately shown so the viewer can see for themselves what has happened to these dogs, why hide it behind a link. I think it should shock. It used to infuriate me when the fox hunting issue was reported in Uk, footage of a fox running, link to hounds running, but never the kill. The reason used to be it was too gory and upsetting to broadcast, if the sport was too gory to broadcast for all to watch....then it was too gory to be legal.
Obviously I disagree. Would you also therefore also support having pictures of rape cases or human torture or pornography on the site as well? I would hope not.

caroletenerife
30-06-2011, 01:23
Obviously I disagree. Would you also therefore also support having pictures of rape cases or human torture or pornography on the site as well? I would hope not.
Photographs of rape victims injuries are sometimes shown with the victims permission in order to hit the message home to people, The photograph 'Vulture and Child' shot round the world like a bullet and did more to mobilise aid for the Sudan famine than any amount of written articles on the subject. I would have put the photo directly on here, ...but dont know how to !!! Im all for shock tactics if it gets the job done

TIS
30-06-2011, 01:34
Photographs of rape victims injuries are sometimes shown with the victims permission in order to hit the message home to people, The photograph 'Vulture and Child' shot round the world like a bullet and did more to mobilise aid for the Sudan famine than any amount of written articles on the subject. I would have put the photo directly on here, ...but dont know how to !!! Im all for shock tactics if it gets the job done
We will have to agree to disagree. People do not need to have such pictures forced in their faces. The links are sufficient. If people want to look at the gore then click on the link. I feel you can be adequately informed without pictures, that's why books still sell so well. I am amazed too that the forum administrators allow this, yet in theory ban bad language. Maybe I'm just getting old and sensitive.

Susief
30-06-2011, 13:00

I agree with TIS, I don't think those pics should be on the open forum.
If people want to see them then a link should be provided.
This is a family forum and would hate to think a child would see those graphic pics!

MaxineC
30-06-2011, 13:23
I agree with TIS, I don't think those pics should be on the open forum.
If people want to see them then a link should be provided.
This is a family forum and would hate to think a child would see those graphic pics!

Personally I think it would be good for children to see it, hopefully it would appal them enough to help put a stop to such things in the future...

To be absolutely fair though, let's be totally honest here... how many children use this forum?? None is my guess...

KirstyJay
30-06-2011, 14:32
We will have to agree to disagree. People do not need to have such pictures forced in their faces. The links are sufficient. If people want to look at the gore then click on the link. I feel you can be adequately informed without pictures, that's why books still sell so well. I am amazed too that the forum administrators allow this, yet in theory ban bad language. Maybe I'm just getting old and sensitive.

I'm amazed you criticize the administration, yet have not actually bothered to report what you object to in order to draw their attention to it. I have just looked for a report and there's nothing. If you had reported it, then it'd be fair enough to make those comments. As it is, they are highly unfair and uncalled for.

I am browsing on tapatalk right now and am just about to go for a meal to celebrate fin de curso at my school.

I have no idea what photos you refer to, as I have not seen them, and cannot look right now... so why not REPORT them so the mods can deal rather than making critical statements. ;)

Susief
30-06-2011, 16:21
Duly reported!

I hope other people that find those types of pics on an open forum sickening and report them too.

bonitatime
30-06-2011, 16:42
Cant complain from the phone but i seriously dont think they are suitable photos. We are not allowed to swear on here and these fotos will cause much more bad feeling and trauma. I will complain when i get access to a real computer

Susief
30-06-2011, 16:53
Cant complain from the phone but i seriously dont think they are suitable photos. We are not allowed to swear on here and these fotos will cause much more bad feeling and trauma. I will complain when i get access to a real computer

If you using tapatalk like me then you click on the offensive post and select more, it then gives you quite a few options.

YOUNG GOLFER
30-06-2011, 17:06
What a horrible thing to do too these poor animals.

Must say i think a link to the photos might be better....IMHO.

Tia could you please tell us if anyone knows the owners of these pets....and if so is something going to be done about it.

Tia
30-06-2011, 17:28
What a horrible thing to do too these poor animals.

Must say i think a link to the photos might be better....IMHO.

Tia could you please tell us if anyone knows the owners of these pets....and if so is something going to be done about it.

"Carol andTina " as the english people that found them have named them are doing fine and slowly on the long road to recovery. The dogs were not microchipped and were thrown on the street so who ever done this to the dogs will not be proscecuted as theres no way of finding there ex owners.

caroletenerife
30-06-2011, 17:35
Thats not a surprise but at least they are free of these monsters now.

Jackie
30-06-2011, 20:23
OK so I come home from work to find that the photos of the dogs have been removed. I posted them on Tia's behalf after downloading them from Facebook because she was unable to do it in her original post. Also only people on facebook will be able to see the link in the OP. Why have they been removed please? simply because a couple of people thought them inappropriate. People need to see the real cruelty that goes on here with animals. How can anyone compare photos of rape victims to those shown of the dogs???. The one thing that rape victims have that these dogs don't and that is a voice so they rely on us to be their voice and that is what I felt these photos were about. Can't imagine the photos would have been removed from a report on Sky News because a couple of people didn't like them.

Some people really need to get in the real world and accept what goes on in it and stop trying to soften the blow by complaining about factual pictures:mad:

slodgedad
30-06-2011, 20:38
OK so I come home from work to find that the photos of the dogs have been removed. I posted them on Tia's behalf after downloading them from Facebook because she was unable to do it in her original post. Also only people on facebook will be able to see the link in the OP. Why have they been removed please? simply because a couple of people thought them inappropriate. People need to see the real cruelty that goes on here with animals. How can anyone compare photos of rape victims to those shown of the dogs???. The one thing that rape victims have that these dogs don't and that is a voice so they rely on us to be their voice and that is what I felt these photos were about. Can't imagine the photos would have been removed from a report on Sky News because a couple of people didn't like them.

Some people really need to get in the real world and accept what goes on in it and stop trying to soften the blow by complaining about factual pictures:mad:

Jackie, the pictures were removed after a lot of reports, however the face book link has been left on HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?85&p=49840#post49840)

Jackie
30-06-2011, 20:53
Jackie, the pictures were removed after a lot of reports, however the face book link has been left on HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?85&p=49840#post49840)

Well as I said Slodge those people that complained about the photos need to get in the real world. Yes they were horrible to look at but they said so much more than any words could. The only thing is that people who are not on Facebook will not be able to see the pictures. Thanks for your reply.

slodgedad
30-06-2011, 21:04
Well as I said Slodge those people that complained about the photos need to get in the real world. Yes they were horrible to look at but they said so much more than any words could. The only thing is that people who are not on Facebook will not be able to see the pictures. Thanks for your reply.

The point is that people on here can see them via the link too.

Susief
01-07-2011, 09:17

It doesn't have to be shoved in our faces Jackie.

We all know about animal cruelty, it doesn't just happen in Tenerife!

We are all entitled to an opinion and there were many people that objected to those horrific pics.

I would like to thank the mods for acting swiftly.

Jackie
01-07-2011, 09:54
It doesn't have to be shoved in our faces Jackie.

We all know about animal cruelty, it doesn't just happen in Tenerife!

We are all entitled to an opinion and there were many people that objected to those horrific pics.

I would like to thank the mods for acting swiftly.

It was hardly shoved in peoples faces Susie. The photos were in a thread entitled 'Animal Cruelty' it is each persons choice whether they read that thread. What do people expect to be in such a thread ? pictures of cute puppies maybe??? I am well aware that animal cruelty does not just happen in Tenerife but I am just surprised that 'a few' people objected to these photos. How many times have any of those who found them disturbing complained to any TV Broadcasters about pictures of a similar content, none I bet.

Zara
01-07-2011, 10:24
While I found the images quite horrific I do not think they should have been removed. You did not have to click on the attachment to enlarge them, you could get an idea from the thumbnail, so it was up to the individual whether they wanted to see more detail or not. However having said that, if they were upsetting enough to make just ONE PERSON think, I know someone who is badly treating an animal (although not to that extent) and I am going to do something about it, then they served their purpose.

The trouble with the world today is we turn away from what we don´t like, we are soft and rather than face up to facts complain they offend us. It is true there are lots of things that offend but rather than bury our head and hope they go away we should face them head on and try and do something about it.

Sorry for being on my soapbox but when it concerns animals I get very angry.

Susief
01-07-2011, 11:13
It was hardly shoved in peoples faces Susie. The photos were in a thread entitled 'Animal Cruelty' it is each persons choice whether they read that thread. What do people expect to be in such a thread ? pictures of cute puppies maybe??? I am well aware that animal cruelty does not just happen in Tenerife but I am just surprised that 'a few' people objected to these photos. How many times have any of those who found them disturbing complained to any TV Broadcasters about pictures of a similar content, none I bet.

The pictures that I saw were in the Akkon tier thread, not a cruelty thread. I for one wouldn't have opened it, my choice!

bonitatime
01-07-2011, 11:28
I for one will no longer be looking at any thread with Accion del sol or Aktion tier in it in case it has horrific photos in it.

warmwind
01-07-2011, 12:30
Have a look at these images they are very cute I did the artwork for accion-del-sol as Gizmo my pooch came from there and its aimed at children as an educational tool for posters/leaflets. The images will cause no distress to anyone, I hope..! though the second pic is a bit sad...

click here (http://www.tenerifedogs.com/gizmostory1.html) to see all of them

http://www.tenerifedogs.com/GIZMO/1st-page.jpg

http://www.tenerifedogs.com/GIZMO/2nd-page.jpg

Tia
01-07-2011, 16:08
Tomorrow july the 2nd is our next fund raising event which is our "Fun run " , its 3.5km for adults with there dog and 1.5km for children, the entrance fee is 5e which includes food and drink. If you would like to enter but you don't have a dog then theres lots of dogs at the refuge that would love to join in.The event starts at 10.30 at the refuge . There is lots of different categories and prizes for the winners. This is be followed by a foam party , so don't forget your swimwear !! we will also have lots of other activities including fun mini golf, ball games, children's work shop, music, salad buffet, yummy cakes and lots more fun for all the family. If you would like more information or to register then please contact Accion Del Sol on 922778630 or you can find more informationon our Facebook event page at https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=171476136240452.

caroletenerife
01-07-2011, 17:59
While I found the images quite horrific I do not think they should have been removed. You did not have to click on the attachment to enlarge them, you could get an idea from the thumbnail, so it was up to the individual whether they wanted to see more detail or not. However having said that, if they were upsetting enough to make just ONE PERSON think, I know someone who is badly treating an animal (although not to that extent) and I am going to do something about it, then they served their purpose.

The trouble with the world today is we turn away from what we don´t like, we are soft and rather than face up to facts complain they offend us. It is true there are lots of things that offend but rather than bury our head and hope they go away we should face them head on and try and do something about it.

Sorry for being on my soapbox but when it concerns animals I get very angry.

I totally agree, but then I have seen worse pictures than this over the years so mabey im hardened to them. I too would rather people were offended and shocked, who then did something constructive about it, rather than flick over the channel or the page to escape the truth. Ignorance is never bliss and sometimes it is necessary to tear at peoples consciences to bring about change. The photograph of the little vietnamese girl running naked down the road her body burning with Napalm horrified the world, the written word could never have had that impact.

I for one will no longer be looking at any thread with Accion del sol or Aktion tier in it in case it has horrific photos in it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Jackie
01-07-2011, 19:58
The pictures that I saw were in the Akkon tier thread, not a cruelty thread. I for one wouldn't have opened it, my choice!

The post regarding the two dogs and also the photos where originally in a seperate thread entitled 'Animal Cruelty'. I am not questioning the mods but maybe it would have been better to leave this as a seperate thread from the Accion del Sol one rather than merging it.

Well you best not watch any News on TV in case horrific pictures are shown on animal cruelty as they often are or some kid on a life support machine after a drug overdose and their parent want the pictures broadcast to warn others of the dangers, or any drama programmes in case you see a 'murder victim' or a bit of 'blood' or any action films where again you may see someone getting killed and blood, for god sake get real.

KirstyJay
01-07-2011, 22:20
Duly reported!I have thanked your post now. I could not do it on Tapatalk. :)

I'm sorry if I was a bit harsh, but I really take exception to being criticised for something I was not even aware of. They only reason I looked at the thread on Tapatalk is because I saw that Maxine had replied so I happened upon this problem by chance at I time I could not attend to it.

I read very few threads on the forum these days, as I have too much other stuff to deal with, so to see criticism of the 'administration', of which I am part of, when we hadn't even been informed, struck a nerve.

If there's a problem, click the report button. :)

For the record... I personally think a link to the pics would have been better. As maxineC pointed out, we don't have many, if any kids on the forum at present, but we have in the past and we may in the future. All posts are searchable, so if photos are particularly gruesome I think it'd be better to allow people the choice to click on them. The accompanying post was graphic enough to paint the extent of the abuse, so it would be preferred if the photos were optional for those that feel they can cope with that level of imagery.

Now... the subject of this thread is Accion del Sol, so I really think that we need to put this behind us and concentrate on the charity's news. :)

slodgedad
01-07-2011, 22:27
I have thanked your post now. I could not do it on Tapatalk. :)

I'm sorry if I was a bit harsh, but I really take exception to being criticised for something I was not even aware of. They only reason I looked at the thread on Tapatalk is because I saw that Maxine had replied so I happened upon this problem by chance at I time I could not attend to it.

I read very few threads on the forum these days, as I have too much other stuff to deal with, so to see criticism of the 'administration', of which I am part of, when we hadn't even been informed, struck a nerve.

If there's a problem, click the report button. :)

For the record... I personally think a link to the pics would have been better. As maxineC pointed out, we don't have many, if any kids on the forum at present, but we have in the past and we may in the future. All posts are searchable, so if photos are particularly gruesome I think it'd be better to allow people the choice to click on them. The accompanying post was graphic enough to paint the extent of the abuse, so it would be preferred if the photos were optional for those that feel they can cope with that level of imagery.

Now... the subject of this thread is Accion del Sol, so I really think that we need to put this behind us and concentrate on the charity's news. :)

As I explained in post 54 the pictures were removed but I left the link in in an earlier post

MaxineC
01-07-2011, 23:25
I have thanked your post now. I could not do it on Tapatalk. :)

Why are you following me around, don't you trust me.... :whistle: :D

Tia
02-07-2011, 08:18
Tomorrow july the 2nd is our next fund raising event which is our "Fun run " , its 3.5km for adults with there dog and 1.5km for children, the entrance fee is 5e which includes food and drink. If you would like to enter but you don't have a dog then theres lots of dogs at the refuge that would love to join in.The event starts at 10.30 at the refuge . There is lots of different categories and prizes for the winners. This is be followed by a foam party , so don't forget your swimwear !! we will also have lots of other activities including fun mini golf, ball games, children's work shop, music, salad buffet, yummy cakes and lots more fun for all the family. If you would like more information or to register then please contact Accion Del Sol on 922778630 or you can find more informationon our Facebook event page at https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=171476136240452.

Dont forget your swimwear, its going to be hot, but theres also lots of paddling pools for the dogs to cool down too !!

warmwind
02-07-2011, 09:10
Good luck with the doggy event today :)

Zara
02-07-2011, 10:54
Hope it goes really well - sure as hell beats racing around Mercadona :whistle:

Tia
02-07-2011, 19:52
What a great day, lots of very happy dogs and children, organised chaos springs to mind. A very good turn out with Spanish, German and lots more English people all joining in the fun. Lots of great pictures if youd liketo see more then please click on the link
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.223495491018084.60980.100000729042460
Many thanks to everyone who joined in the fun and to all the organisers and staff at Accion Del Sol.

warmwind
03-07-2011, 08:52
Glad it was such a successful day :)

Tia
04-07-2011, 08:57
What a great day, lots of very happy dogs and children, organised chaos springs to mind. A very good turn out with Spanish, German and lots more English people all joining in the fun. Lots of great pictures if youd liketo see more then please click on the link
Many thanks to everyone who joined in the fun and to all the organisers and staff at Accion Del Sol.
One very happy little boy with his dog !!!

Added after 9 Hours 45 minutes:

One very happy little boy with his dog !!!
230 dogs brought into the refuge by 112 since January the 1st and 196 plus 4 going to Germany on wednesday , soo 200 dogs rehomed since January the 1st obviously the system does work !!

squeakycheese
05-07-2011, 02:10

When do you say how much money was raised. it would be interesting to know these things. or hope its so much its still been counted.

squeakycheese
06-07-2011, 00:19
any news on what you earned at event yet

Added after 22 minutes:

its cos i notice you never seem to tell what you earn on these things ,,,would be better when we give the money to know, you know.

Tia
06-07-2011, 09:16
any news on what you earned at event yet

Added after 22 minutes:

its cos i notice you never seem to tell what you earn on these things ,,,would be better when we give the money to know, you know.

Please contact Marion on 922778630 , she will be more than happy to tell you what was raised, it was a very well attended event so im sure it done well.

Jackie
06-07-2011, 09:28
Just to reiterate what Tia said in a previous post about Podenco's. We rescued one at 3 weeks old who was abandoned along with her brother and sister, they were taken in by my neighbour and his girlfriend. She is now 2 years old and so loving. She is the size of a small horse but still 'dives' on top of you while you're sitting on the sofa for cuddles. They really are gentle dogs despite being bread for hunting. We don't have a massive garden but we are fortunate enough to live in the hills where she can go for a run. Not only does she show us love she even waits for our little Jack Russell to catch up with her before she runs any further, occasionally nudging him from behind as if helping his little legs run faster haha.

Tia
09-07-2011, 09:16
This little puppy is blind and is looking for a very special home, please contact Accion Del Sol on 922778630 if you think you would like to visit her with maybe a view to adopt her.

Tia
14-07-2011, 23:00
Please do come and join in our Pets Portrait Competition which will lead to an exhibition and judging on the 2nd of October combined with a fun dog agility competition. For more information please go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=165852040150639 Everyone is welcome to enter photographs with all kinds of animals. There will be a special section and prizes for childrens entries. More information to follow shortly.

Tia
15-07-2011, 14:36
Please do come and join in our Pets Portrait Competition which will lead to an exhibition and judging on the 2nd of October combined with a fun dog agility competition. For more information please go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=165852040150639 Everyone is welcome to enter photographs with all kinds of animals. There will be a special section and prizes for childrens entries. More information to follow shortly.

This is George, hes a 7year old royal python, great picy Selina of your " pet " snake.

astara
16-07-2011, 12:17
Could you confirm that for any abandonded dogs in arona we need to call 010, or 112 please, a spanish lady in parque de la reina tried to do so for a street dog she is feeding - & was told they could not help ?? Has the contact number changed? If so can you let us know as i have a poster up with details for the general public in the charity shop ..

Tia
19-07-2011, 20:07
We all love our pets so how about a " Pets portrait Competition " where we can post pictures showing your beloved pets. The best pictures submitted will be copied and entered into a fun photo competition and exhibition at Accion Del Sol dog refuge in October. This event will be combined with a fun dog agility competition after the great success of last years event. Everyone is welcome to join in, even those of you not living in Tenerife. There will be a special prize section for childrens pictures submitted. The pictures will be exhibited on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=165852040150639 and on The Tenerife Forum who are also supporting this event http://www.thetenerifeforu​m.com/showthread.php?67828​-Pets-portrait-thread&p=43​9047#post439047

So start hunting out those funny, serious, loving, cute pictures of your pets, you may submit as many pictures as you like.

We shall look forward to seeing your pictures, please email them to ranchograndetenerife@gmail​.com and please state your name and the name of your pet . This is one of the first pictures submitted and a very unusual pet , its Zoro the ferret and he belongs to Selina Ann Dorrill- Bradley, good luck in the competition. Also we have Prince ,Hazel Eames beloved cat.
--
On a more serious note this podenco and her 4 pups was brought into the refuge from the streets in Guia De Isora last week , Accion Del Sol checked her for a microchip which she had but it was registered with Zoocam that the dog had died in May 2010, very strange !! The dogs owner was traced after a series of phone calls and expressed his astonishment that the dog was in fact still alive and stated that he would be going to the refuge to collect the dog and puppies as they remain his property. Needless to say he has not collected them as yet and after 21 days they will remain in Accion Del Sols care.
We are also planning an evening sponsored dog walk from The Arona Grand Hotel to Bhia Del Duque beach on the 4th of September more information to follow shortly. We have lots of dogs at the refuge who would love to join in for those of you who dont have your own dogs.
The refuge is open Monday- Friday 3-6pm and it is situated at junction 51 on the TF1 directly next to ITER the ecological wind farm at Granadilla poligono Industrial Estate. Why not join our Accion Del Sol Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=canvas#!/profile.php?id=100000729042460 where you can see regular daily updates on the good work done at Accion Del Sol as well as our fund raising events and see some of the beautiful dogs that are looking for new loving homes. Accion Del Sol 922778630.

Tia
26-07-2011, 12:13
We all love our pets so how about a " Pets portrait Competition " where we can post pictures showing your beloved pets. The best pictures submitted will be copied and entered into a fun photo competition and exhibition at Accion Del Sol dog refuge in October. This event will be combined with a fun dog agility competition after the great success of last years event. Everyone is welcome to join in, even those of you not living in Tenerife. There will be a special prize section for childrens pictures submitted. The pictures will be exhibited on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=165852040150639 and on The Tenerife Forum who are also supporting this event http://www.thetenerifeforu​m.com/showthread.php?67828​-Pets-portrait-thread&p=43​9047#post439047

So start hunting out those funny, serious, loving, cute pictures of your pets, you may submit as many pictures as you like.

We shall look forward to seeing your pictures, please email them to ranchograndetenerife@gmail​.com and please state your name and the name of your pet . This is one of the first pictures submitted and a very unusual pet , its Zoro the ferret and he belongs to Selina Ann Dorrill- Bradley, good luck in the competition. Also we have Prince ,Hazel Eames beloved cat.
--
On a more serious note this podenco and her 4 pups was brought into the refuge from the streets in Guia De Isora last week , Accion Del Sol checked her for a microchip which she had but it was registered with Zoocam that the dog had died in May 2010, very strange !! The dogs owner was traced after a series of phone calls and expressed his astonishment that the dog was in fact still alive and stated that he would be going to the refuge to collect the dog and puppies as they remain his property. Needless to say he has not collected them as yet and after 21 days they will remain in Accion Del Sols care.
We are also planning an evening sponsored dog walk from The Arona Grand Hotel to Bhia Del Duque beach on the 4th of September more information to follow shortly. We have lots of dogs at the refuge who would love to join in for those of you who dont have your own dogs.
The refuge is open Monday- Friday 3-6pm and it is situated at junction 51 on the TF1 directly next to ITER the ecological wind farm at Granadilla poligono Industrial Estate. Why not join our Accion Del Sol Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=canvas#!/profile.php?id=100000729042460 where you can see regular daily updates on the good work done at Accion Del Sol as well as our fund raising events and see some of the beautiful dogs that are looking for new loving homes. Accion Del Sol 922778630.
For more information about Aktiontier the German charity that is helping the dogs here in Tenerife please do look at there Website http://www.aktiontier.org/index.php?m=25&id=815

Tia
07-08-2011, 19:18
For more information about Aktiontier the German charity that is helping the dogs here in Tenerife please do look at there Website http://www.aktiontier.org/index.php?m=25&id=815
Another entry for our Pets Portrait Competition and Exhibition, Andrea with her gorgeous little rescue dog from Accion Del Sol. Please feel free to join in , just submit a picture of your pet to enter via myself or Accion Del Sols Facebook.

Tia
12-08-2011, 09:36
Another entry for our Pets Portrait Competition and Exhibition, Andrea with her gorgeous little rescue dog from Accion Del Sol. Please feel free to join in , just submit a picture of your pet to enter via myself or Accion Del Sols Facebook.
Another unusual entry in our competition, nearly 200 pictures submitted now, thats going to make a really good exhibition.

Tia
17-08-2011, 21:36
Accion Del Sol have lots of dogs all looking for new loving homes, please follow the link if you are interested in adopting a dog.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.207182819316018.55512.100000729042460

Tia
25-08-2011, 21:27
Evening seafront walk

Sunday the 4th of September meeting at 6.45 pm at Los Cristianos harbour carpark.
A gentle early evening walk from Los Cristianos to the Bhia Del Duque with your own or one of the many dogs at Accion Del Sol that would love to join in. It will be about 2 and a half hours . A small donation on the day towards the upkeep of the dogs would be apreciated . Please contact me for more info. All donations to Accion Del Sol dog refuge. This event is very kindly sponsored by Tee Candy which is owned by Mike and Manuella Hammer.

Tia
29-08-2011, 22:08
Another unusual entry in our competition, nearly 200 pictures submitted now, thats going to make a really good exhibition.
Another gorgeous picture for our competition, Mia and Molly.

Tia
31-08-2011, 22:31
Evening seafront walk

Sunday the 4th of September meeting at 6.45 pm at Los Cristianos harbour carpark.
A gentle early evening walk from Los Cristianos to the Bhia Del Duque with your own or one of the many dogs at Accion Del Sol that would love to join in. It will be about 2 and a half hours . A small donation on the day towards the upkeep of the dogs would be apreciated . Please contact me for more info. All donations to Accion Del Sol dog refuge. This event is very kindly sponsored by Tee Candy which is owned by Mike and Manuella Hammer.

Aktion Tier Accion
Due to the Fiesta del Carmen in Los Cristianos ive now decided to meet at Compestella Beach on the seafront to avoid the Fiesta and at 6pm so we will be finished before the fire works. There is an underground carpark at Compestella beach to park. Please Marion on 922778630 if you need directions. Many thanks for supporting Accion Del Sol.
EVENING SEAFRONT WALK

Tia
03-09-2011, 08:56

We are closing entries for the Pets Portrait Competition on the 16th of September to allow us time for printing and mounting the photos ready for the exhibition and competition at Accion Del Sol on the 2nd of October, so please do send your pictures in before that date. Many thanks for all the brilliant pictures that you have all sent in.

Tia
05-09-2011, 11:53
Aktion Tier Accion
Due to the Fiesta del Carmen in Los Cristianos ive now decided to meet at Compestella Beach on the seafront to avoid the Fiesta and at 6pm so we will be finished before the fire works. There is an underground carpark at Compestella beach to park. Please Marion on 922778630 if you need directions. Many thanks for supporting Accion Del Sol.
EVENING SEAFRONT WALK

What a great walk with our dogs and dogs from the refuge, a gentle stroll with lots of stops for water and chatting to people about the refuge and the dogs, great fun was had by all. A big thank- you to everyone that joined in and for your kind donations. A big thank you also to Mike and Manuella Hammer from Tee Candy for designing and donating the tee shirts. Here is the link if you would like to see the pictures.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.254945544539745.66686.100000729042460&type=1
Also a big thank you to Young Golfer who made a genorous donation towards the upkeep of the dogs .

Tia
18-09-2011, 12:17
Our Pets Portrait Competition has proved a huge success with well over 250 entries. People have been very kind, Loro Park and Siam Park have donated 5 tickets for each attraction and Hotel Botanico have very kindly donated a weekend at this luxury hotel, its going to be a great competition. 1st Impressions are very kindly printing the photos for us which will all be displayed at the photo exhibition / competition on the 2nd of October aswell as a fun dog agility competition at Accion Del Sol.

We have made a short video of some of the gorgeous dogs for adoption at the refuge if you are looking to adopt a dog. Every dog is microchipped, passported, castrated/ sterilised , wormed and treated for fleas aswell as having a full clean bill of health and innoculated giving you peace of mind when you adopt a dog from Accion Del Sol. http://www.facebook.com/people/Aktion-Tier-Accion/100000729042460

The refuge is open monday - friday 3- 6pm. You can contact the refuge on 922778630 for more information . There lots of dogs at the refuge that would love a walk if you have any spare time and would like to volunteer as a dog walker.

Tia
20-09-2011, 09:47
Accion’s action to reduce the number of stray dogs

ACCION del Sol’s main goal since opening their refuge at Granadilla five years ago has been to reduce the number of dogs abandoned on the streets over here.

That is why they have accepted the official rules and regulations and have reached agreements with Tenerife Cabildo (Government) and its various municipalities in the South of Tenerife.

The centre’s aim is to press forward towards responsible management concerning the issue of animal protection by both parties.

Collection procedure:

The local police notify the collector and arrange the collection of the abandoned dog.
The Civil Protection, or the probation officer, picks up the animal and transports it in a specially-adapted to the shelter.
On arrival, the dog is issued with a serial number for registration and documented. Three copies are made and all are signed and sealed by the manager/centre veterinarian.
The official document states the meeting site, date, time, race, sex and colour of the dog. The dog collector will also take a picture of the animal for the document and checks with a microchip reader to see whether it has been chipped
If the animal has a microchip, the owner will be notified immediately. He/she then has 21 days to remove the animal from the centre, after passing through the local police or Town Hall and showing the relevant documents.
If, after 21 days, the dog is not claimed, the dog will be in the custody of the shelter.
If the owner had not registered a “lost pet” complaint at the local police, he/she faces a substantial fine.
Who holds the registered document? One copy stays in the shelter, the local police have another, while the third goes to the relevant Town Hall.

Although the Accion del Sol shelter can house up to 200 animals and is regarded as one of the largest refuges in Tenerife, there is insufficient space for all the stray dogs.

That means there are strict controls in place, which are necessary to prevent overcrowding and enable staff to maintain the relevant standards of animal protection and welfare.

For that reason Marion Gonzalez, who runs Accion de Sol and is a director of Aktiontier – the German charity which sponsors the refuge – stresses that it is not a place where people can simply offload their pets.

“If a person decides to have an animal, then he/she must maintain responsibility for the pet’s lifetime. The refuge is not obligated to accept pets which are no longer cherished by their owners,” said Marion.

“Although this sometimes causes arguments with people who want to abandon dogs at the shelter, there can be no exceptions to this rule.

“The refuge takes in only those animals which have been abandoned in those municipalities where there is an agreement with the Town Council.”

Marion adds: “We have never said we can solve the global problem on this Island. We simply want to be an example of how you could take the issue of animal protection from the authorities and other protectors.

“As some municipalities receive Government payments, it is our duty to comply with the agreements. Naturally, this also includes crimes of mistreatment.

“We all need to work together without repercussions, and to ensure that people who abandon their pets are punished.

“If we fail to do this, then the problem of abandoned and non-neutered dogs will continue.”

--

Tia
22-09-2011, 03:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dewVGKLp_Nw
Our next fun raising event is on the 2nd of October which is the Pets Portrait Exhibition / Competition and the fun dog agility which was a huge success last year and great fun for the dogs. There will also be lots of other attractions at the event including kiddies workshops, horse rides, games for the children, lots of stalls packed with bargains and you will be able to visit the kennels and see some of the 210 dogs looking for new loving homes.

Tia
28-09-2011, 22:25
Our next fun raising event is on the 2nd of October which is the Pets Portrait Exhibition / Competition and the fun dog agility which was a huge success last year and great fun for the dogs. There will also be lots of other attractions at the event including kiddies workshops, horse rides, games for the children, lots of stalls packed with bargains and you will be able to visit the kennels and see some of the 210 dogs looking for new loving homes.
The final touches are being put in place ready for our fundraising event on Sunday, hope to see a few of you there.

The final touches are being put in place ready for our fundraising event on Sunday, hope to see a few of you there.

Added after 13 minutes:

Nikki Attree from Tenerife Dogs Blog has spent alot of time producing this original true story of the life of her now rescue dog Gizmo from the day he was collected by Protection Civil and taken to Accion Del Sol. The story has been translated into 3 languages and will be used for educational purposes for the many children that visit Accion Del Sol . The story will be included at our exhibition and Pets Portrait Competition on the 2nd of October. A really big thank you Nikki for all your hard work.

warmwind
29-09-2011, 10:38
Thanks Tia :)

Here's the link to Gizmo's story on my website - LINK (http://www.tenerifedogs.com/)

.......and here's the link for directions to Accion-del-Sol - LINK (http://www.tenerifedogs.com/rescueshelters.html)

Tia
02-10-2011, 20:15
The first 3 winners of the Pets Portrait Competition, a really big thank you to everyone that entered, your pictures were brilliant and in my eyes you are all winners to have such gorgeous lovely pets. More picys to follow soon.

Tia
08-10-2011, 20:14
This young “Lady” is still looking for a lovely home. Her hair looks quiet funny and she probably will grow small to middle size. Between the other bigger puppies she gets sometimes lost and that’s why we need a home for her very soon. Who has a big heart, time and space for such a little animal. Please call Marion 922 77 86 30 or visit the refuge between Monday and Friday from 3 to 6 pm.

warmwind
24-10-2011, 11:07
Tia has asked me to upload this photo of my pooch and info about the Christmas photo caption competition..:)

http://www.tenerifedogs.com/front%20page/gizmoxmass.jpg

A Wooftastic Christmas competition in aid of the doggies at Accion-del-Sol..!, can you write a funny caption for the photo of Gizmo (A rescue dog from accion-del-sol) :) please pm your captions to Tia or log on to the accion-del-sol facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000729042460)
The winner will be announced the week leading up to Christmas. The prize will be a xmas hamper with lots of goodies.!

Muchas gracias :dogwalk:

Added after 15 minutes:

Just to get the ball rolling :)

Just shopping on the internet for a 'pawfect' xmas present.

Tia
03-12-2011, 23:03
[QUOTE=Tia;49825]Two poor dogs were brought into Accion Del Sol from Guia De Isora today. They are in a really bad way. The dogs chain had grown into her neck, she has been operated on today and the chain removed. We will keep you updated on there progress., or you can also follow the dogs progress on our Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.207182692649364.55511.100000729042460&l=6fe3a16286

Yesterday that gorgeous boxer cross who was brought into the refuge with the chain of her collar grown into her neck has found a new home with a really nice Italian couple, we are really happy as she deserves a loving home.

warmwind
24-03-2012, 19:20
Press release supplied by Marion - Director of Accion-del-Sol

Next Friday 30th March at 10 O'clock, Aktion tier will be opening the first "animal welfare room" in Tenerife. It is also the first one in Spain.

It will be at the CEIP Parque de la Reina. It is a pilot project - Young children will be taught by their teachers about animal welfare. For example, how some wild animals are in danger, how to protect our environment, how rubbish is dangerous for wild animals etc…

It is a room specially decorated and filled with information like books, games and technical equipment. A comfortable carpet is provided so children are able to sit down on the floor, work and watch and also respect the area they are working in by keeping it clean

The equipment is sponsored by aktion tier. So aktion tier can be sure that the animal welfare classes will be held several times a year. There are so many subjects on animal welfare to talk about, and children will be able to learn “what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong”.

The “concejal de sanidad and the concejal de educación de Arona” are coming to the opening. International and canarian press have been invited.

Aktion tiers hope is , that more and more people know about the right way to treat animals.
Animals are not only for companionship and our personal guards, they are much more - They are also our friends !

warmwind
06-06-2012, 10:20
I just want to say I am not a political animal, and I am not interested in any of the arguments happening between dog refuges. All I am interested in is finding dogs homes. I will not be putting any events for any of the refuges on my facebook, blog on forums etc from now on. If any of the refuges would like to share doggies who need homes on my facebook please tag your photos, or send me pics by email for my website or blog. Muchas gracias Y woof woof from snr Gizmo y Nikki

The comment above was written in reply to a post that has since been removed..