PDA

View Full Version : Phew! We are back in Tenerife!

TenerifeTeddy
23-08-2011, 23:38
After 3 weeks away, we have just arrived back home in Tenerife.
One wedding, 6 different beds, and 1300 miles of driving to visit friends and relatives are over.

We´ve really enjoyed the break, but it´s really great to be back :):tiphat:

AL JAY
23-08-2011, 23:43
Welcome back TTs :tiphat: :cheers:

sunspot
23-08-2011, 23:46
Welcome home TT,hope everything went well,now its time to chill out, so pour yourself a small one and relax with your memories of the last 3 weeks

slodgedad
23-08-2011, 23:47
After 3 weeks away, we have just arrived back home in Tenerife.
One wedding, 6 different beds, and 1300 miles of driving to visit friends and relatives are over.

We´ve really enjoyed the break, but it´s really great to be back :):tiphat:

Welcome back youz two.

Maybe I can have a break now....:welcome:.HEHE.

Hope you had a great time, and congratulations to the happy couple....

KirstyJay
24-08-2011, 00:55
Welcome.... HOME!!!! :D

YOUNG GOLFER
24-08-2011, 01:32
Hope you both had a great time.....welcome back........................now get so work done:whistle::whistle:

MrsTT
24-08-2011, 11:08
Welcome.... HOME!!!! :D

Thanks!! Absolutely so - deffo home! :D I was homesick after 3 days :( Lots of our friends seem amazed that we consider Tenerife home, but despite the warmth of their welcome and the summery feel to the UK weather on the whole where we were staying, it is so good to be back!

We avoided the riots, most of the worst of the storms and enjoyed the choice in the large supermarkets, but had forgotten how long it takes to get anywhere by car!!! We were also amazed at how much Eastern Europe had taken over the smaller shops and how frequently we never heard an English voice amongst the shoppers. Lincolnshire seemed to have Baltic Shops, Polish pubs and other services that were not in evidence on our last visit three years ago.

For all the talk of depression and doom and gloom though, it was nice to see that places we were familiar with were actually thriving and that Gainsborough and Lincoln in particular, were looking much more prosperous than when we left 6 years ago.

A.P.&.S.S
24-08-2011, 17:58
Welcome back to the heat and I'm glad you had such a great time :)

KirstyJay
24-08-2011, 18:29
Welcome back! :)

MrsTT
24-08-2011, 18:34
Welcome back to the heat and I'm glad you had such a great time :)

We couldn't have managed without your helpful gadget - many thanks. TT will be in touch soon to arrange return. :thanx:

A.P.&.S.S
25-08-2011, 11:28
We couldn't have managed without your helpful gadget - many thanks. TT will be in touch soon to arrange return. :thanx:

My pleasure, I'm glad it was a good help to you, Dont stress to much, I'm in UK from Sat for 1 week so no rush atall. Speak soon

lesbroz
25-08-2011, 21:45
Welcome Home. Glad the wedding went like a dream. Can't wait till we are back over (39 days a counting) for a 5 month stay.