PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best restaurant in south Tenerife?

Bonoboy
24-08-2011, 12:34
does anybody know where the best restaraunt is in the south of tenerife?

CMEdinburgh
24-08-2011, 15:53
Yes I do

Rubina in Los Cristianos

(According to TripAdvisor where they get rave reviews, this is in Edifico Cerromar)

Simples

Ecky Thump
24-08-2011, 15:58
does anybody know where the best restaraunt is in the south of tenerife?

How long is a piece of string?;)

Its a matter of taste, but there are many restaurant reviews on the forum.:)

My two favourites are La Terreazza.....L/A

Pimms Restaurant.....L/C

slodgedad
24-08-2011, 16:05
Take a look HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/forumdisplay.php?37-Tenerife-Reviews&prefixid=Restaurants)

murph
24-08-2011, 17:25
Just returned from a fortnight of, quite frankly, average food and service in and around Los Cristianos.

Only Highlight was the Cafe Charlotte - which is actually a restaurant right on the front at the far corner of the market towards the Arona Gran (1 of four or five that have opened in the last year or two).

Biggest Letdown? Linares 2 on the main drag up from the port.

Ecky Thump
24-08-2011, 18:22
Just returned from a fortnight of, quite frankly, average food and service in and around Los Cristianos.

Only Highlight was the Cafe Charlotte - which is actually a restaurant right on the front at the far corner of the market towards the Arona Gran (1 of four or five that have opened in the last year or two).

Your post shows how peoples opinions differ, we went to the Charlotte on two or three occasions and people were returning their meals and complaining about the quality.

I agree with you that Linaris2 is a bit of a let down, as the food served is quite bland.

dokgolf
24-08-2011, 18:35
In the south, La Terreza del Mare ( hope that is spelt correctly ) in PdlA.

TenerifeFanatic
24-08-2011, 19:27
Yes I do

Rubina in Los Cristianos

(According to TripAdvisor where they get rave reviews, this is in Edifico Cerromar)

SimplesWe have been to this restaurant twice. The first time was great, the second would not have us hurrying back.

golazzo
24-08-2011, 20:53

Only Highlight was the Cafe Charlotte - which is actually a restaurant right on the front at the far corner of the market towards the Arona Gran (1 of four or five that have opened in the last year or

You obviously didn't look carefully enough. Many excellent restaurants in LC, liners is a bloody cafe not a restaurant. You only get what you pay for.

Jelly Baby
24-08-2011, 21:08
We have been to this restaurant twice. The first time was great, the second would not have us hurrying back.

I agree completely. The first time we went to Rubina we had a lovely meal with attentive staff. The second time the meal seemed to take ages to arrive and we felt very "unloved". Definitely not going back any time soon.

pablo1
24-08-2011, 21:19
Genuinely impossible to answer in my opinion. With so much variety on offer and so many nationalities to choose from it really is down to personel choice.
My own favourites are Italian- Mama Roses, Monte Christo, Verdes, Bianco
Mexican- Rosies Cantina
Spanish/Canarian- Molino Blanco
Asian- Slow Boat ( port ) Slow Boat Teppinyakki

There are many more, but it's really down to what you like yourself. There are however an awful lot of poor restaurants so it's prudent to check reviews before going spending your hard earnt cash on a meal that is not up to scratch.

CaribeCelt
24-08-2011, 23:37
Genuinely impossible to answer in my opinion. With so much variety on offer and so many nationalities to choose from it really is down to personel choice.
My own favourites are Italian- Mama Roses, Monte Christo, Verdes, Bianco
Mexican- Rosies Cantina
Spanish/Canarian- Molino Blanco
Asian- Slow Boat ( port ) Slow Boat Teppinyakki

There are many more, but it's really down to what you like yourself. There are however an awful lot of poor restaurants so it's prudent to check reviews before going spending your hard earnt cash on a meal that is not up to scratch.

Where-abouts is Molino Blanco,Pablo?

Leam_Lin
25-08-2011, 08:25
Where-abouts is Molino Blanco,Pablo?

In San Eugenio, the road between the shopping centre & Las Dalias hotel. (I know i'm not Pablo, thought it would help you)

murph
25-08-2011, 12:46
You obviously didn't look carefully enough. Many excellent restaurants in LC, liners is a bloody cafe not a restaurant. You only get what you pay for.

Well thanks for your considered opinion!

1. I don't appreciate being sworn at!!!
2. As we went out every night, I think we looked very hard and gave plenty of restaurants a chance
3 Who mentioned ''Liners'' I mentioned Linares2, A Large Restaurant - inside and out - on the main Calle General Franco route up from the harbour!

Jackie Buyer
25-08-2011, 12:55
Monte Cristo, been going there for years & have never been let down yet

DeedeeTipperary
25-08-2011, 14:48
Its very hard to choose as we had so many good meals but number one would be Terraza del Mare in PDLA and in Los Cristianos two places stick out for us El Burgado and Linares( not Linares 11 ) . Linares had fantastic pasta dishes and pizza , El Burgado had great steaks served with mash , baked potato and chips , to an Irish person like me it was a spudfest:laugh: terraza del Mare had a great menu , great meat dishes and an amazing shrimp pasta that my daughter loved , and you could stay there all night drinking the fab cocktails .

dokgolf
25-08-2011, 14:52
Well thanks for your considered opinion!

1. I don't appreciate being sworn at!!!
2. As we went out every night, I think we looked very hard and gave plenty of restaurants a chance
3 Who mentioned ''Liners'' I mentioned Linares2, A Large Restaurant - inside and out - on the main Calle General Franco route up from the harbour!

:D :D Put that in your pipe and smoke it!:D:tiphat:

hopey
25-08-2011, 15:12
Hi,

We are back in just over a week and enjoy El Cedro, Michaelangelo and for a cheap and cheerfull chinese Merlin.

Thanks

Hopey

John
14-09-2011, 18:37
We have just had a very nice meal in Chill Out which is at the left hand end of Playa De Las Vistas as you enter Los Cristianos via the tunnel.
The Caramel cake is thoroughly recommended.

Loaded
14-09-2011, 22:11
For large groups who like meat - meson era las mozas in Valle San Lorenzo .

Only been once I'm afraid but la terraza del marre is excellent.

Restaurante sebastian in torviscas.

The oyster catcher at el mirador

Monte cristo

marbro8
14-09-2011, 22:33
We have just had a very nice meal in Chill Out which is at the left hand end of Playa De Las Vistas as you enter Los Cristianos via the tunnel.
The Caramel cake is thoroughly recommended.and how did you put up with the smell of the sewerage plant opposite:D

Added after 20 minutes:

and how did you put up with the smell of the sewerage plant opposite:Di would also recommend manhattan bar, the combo there is superb, balu bar on san telmo, the fish and chips were superb, surfers bar next to vista sur is supposed to be good,desperate Dan's do a nice steak pie and home made chips, the olive garden do a great balti for about 6 euros, the ivy house in los cris harbour, the bistro, the Italian next door to Taylor's and la paella Valencia going towards porto collon, those are some of the places we have used and have had great service and food