PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't believe what I was seeing

Jackie
24-08-2011, 18:59
How hot has it been today??? While waiting for the bus to come home from work I was practically dying in the heat as there was no shade to stand in. A lady was waiting at the bus stop and she had the cutest Chihuahua on a lead. It was so hot the poor little thing kept trying to stand in her shadow to get out of the sun. After waiting for about 15 minutes in the full glare of the sun a bus pulled up, unfortunately not mine. The lady picked the dog up and put it in a black plastic bag so she could sneak it on the bus. I was absolutely gobsmacked and would not be shocked if the poor dog did not either suffocate or die from the heat in the bag before it got off the bus.

ruffus
24-08-2011, 19:02
That is so horrible. We have three little dogs, and we never take them out in the middle of the day in this heat, as their paws get far too hot. I hope the poor dog was ok after that ordeal :o

dokgolf
24-08-2011, 19:05
Methinks the wrong animal was put in the bag

henry
24-08-2011, 19:07
i donīt know where were you jackie but i saw the chihuahua when i was at the bus stop as well. saw it running around. by that time my bus came. by any chance you saw a guy with a black wwe wrestling shirt on? that was me...

Goforgold
24-08-2011, 19:08
Obviously nowhere near as hot as you are over there at the moment, but we had a trip to The Peaks the other week and it was very hot, but the number of dogs being dragged around by their owners was amazing. How can they possibly think the dogs are enjoying themselves?! We left ours at home for the few hours we were away and am sure she was much happier there.

9PLUS
24-08-2011, 19:11
It only a dog

cheers

x

caroletenerife
24-08-2011, 19:39
I haven't seen it myself, but im told people put dogs in the luggage hold on buses (not in a carrier) just chucked in there!!!! Having used the bus service at teatime, i can guarentee my dog does not smell as bad as some people on said bus. Stupid rule, not allowing dogs on buses

Jackie
24-08-2011, 19:42
i donīt know where were you jackie but i saw the chihuahua when i was at the bus stop as well. saw it running around. by that time my bus came. by any chance you saw a guy with a black wwe wrestling shirt on? that was me...

I was in San Eugenio Henry, I am sorry I can't say that I saw you.

henry
24-08-2011, 19:47
on o.k. it must be another chihuahua i saw in los cris then.

sazzle
24-08-2011, 21:26
[QUOTE=9PLUS;86645][I]It only a dog

? ? :(

slodgedad
24-08-2011, 21:41
Should have grassed her up to the driver..

Vortex Wake
24-08-2011, 22:28
I had a 17 year old terrier who was virtually blind and could no longer walk.

I got a Tesco canvas bag - cut 4 leg holes, and a head hole for the dog and used it like a sort of baby walker. We went on camping holidays , on steam trains and generally, the dog had a better quality of life thanks to Tesco .

El Viento
24-08-2011, 22:41
It only a dog

cheers

x

And you it only human?

caroletenerife
24-08-2011, 22:45
You can get some great kit for elderly dogs and amputees, i checked some out when we thought Fasi could lose her leg, not cheap though so well done you and tesco...every little helps x

9PLUS
25-08-2011, 08:37
And you it only human?

Yeah Pal but you'd need a big plastic bag to put me in and sneak me on a bus

Cheers

x

Ecky Thump
25-08-2011, 09:00
Yeah Pal but you'd need a big plastic bag to put me in and sneak me on a bus
Cheers

x

Available at www.crimescene.com

;)

Jackie
25-08-2011, 20:16
Should have grassed her up to the driver..

I was debating it Slodge but I wasn't getting on the same bus. She would have probably been thrown off and I would have been stuck with her at the bus stop causing grief.

I had a 17 year old terrier who was virtually blind and could no longer walk.

I got a Tesco canvas bag - cut 4 leg holes, and a head hole for the dog and used it like a sort of baby walker. We went on camping holidays , on steam trains and generally, the dog had a better quality of life thanks to Tesco .

That's a great idea, well done you. I said to my daughter who was with me, even if she had put it in a canvas bag at least the poor thing would have still been able to breath and not get so hot...but a plastic bag just begs belief.

warbey
25-08-2011, 20:22
I was debating it Slodge but I wasn't getting on the same bus. She would have probably been thrown off and I would have been stuck with her at the bus stop causing grief.

That's a great idea, well done you. I said to my daughter who was with me, even if she had put it in a canvas bag at least the poor thing would have still been able to breath and not get so hot...but a plastic bag just begs belief.

Easier to carry Jackie....

Hygenic, wont harbour Fleas either.........lol

Tojack
25-08-2011, 22:51
Love it put the dog in the poop scoop.Poor little thing.