PDA

View Full Version : Where are people getting all this money from?

henry
24-08-2011, 19:45
today i wnet to buy one of the xīmas lottery tickets at the lottery place by the bus station in los cristanos. and i saw these woman and her husband buying sheets and sheets of xīmas lottery i was next. where the lottery guy said the total i was in shock 4,000 euros in lottery!!

god!! i donīt even spend that much i only buy one or two but 4,000 euros in lottery man!! thatīs alot of money.

when i brought my lottery. i saw another guy behind me cound his money i whould said aless 2,000 euros maybe more.

i really really thought spanish people was in a crisis. they crying there no money no money. but yet i see them playing 1,000īs of euros in the lottery.

so my question is where are these spanish people getting the money from??

if they spend 500 here and 1,000īs here allmost every week.
i know these because i allways play 4 euros every week in the lunky dip euro millions. and see the same people week in week out spending all these money......

9PLUS
24-08-2011, 20:10
Your answer lies with those people

MaxineC
24-08-2011, 22:23
Not everybody is skint Henry, just because the general economy is bad doesn't mean every single Spaniard/Canarian is broke... :rolleyes:!

cainaries
24-08-2011, 22:48
Are they not buying these in order to sell on shares in the tickets? If they've spent 4,000 euros then they might be going to sell shares at say 50 euros or 25 euros? That's what happens here. Just a thought.

timmylish
25-08-2011, 02:05
You are surprisingly close! Normally a bar owner. Gets custom in to buy booze and food and at the same time sell the lottery. Saves people going looking for lottery offices. Also any winnings normally gets spent in their boozer.

chifleta
25-08-2011, 13:32
today i wnet to buy one of the xīmas lottery tickets at the lottery place by the bus station in los cristanos. and i saw these woman and her husband buying sheets and sheets of xīmas lottery i was next. where the lottery guy said the total i was in shock 4,000 euros in lottery!!

god!! i donīt even spend that much i only buy one or two but 4,000 euros in lottery man!! thatīs alot of money.

when i brought my lottery. i saw another guy behind me cound his money i whould said aless 2,000 euros maybe more.

i really really thought spanish people was in a crisis. they crying there no money no money. but yet i see them playing 1,000īs of euros in the lottery.

so my question is where are these spanish people getting the money from??

if they spend 500 here and 1,000īs here allmost every week.
i know these because i allways play 4 euros every week in the lunky dip euro millions. and see the same people week in week out spending all these money......

I know that where my OH works, if someone is going to (for example) Madrid, then whoever fancies a Xmas lottery ticket from there, they give that person money to buy a ticket for them, so obviously if a lot of people want a ticket, they'll buy lots... also, bar owners usually have tickets up behind counter for sale, and add a couple of euros on the price (though this is not strictly legal i don't think, but it's normally for a local football club e.g.).

Anyway, good luck to those of us that have a lottery ticket :-D