PDA

View Full Version : What's the best apartment insurance in Tenerife?

lcbandit
25-08-2011, 02:59
hi all been away from the forum for a while but I'm back now! anyway I was wondering who does the best and most reasonable insurance cover for you apartments, my bank has been bleeding me dry for the last few years and now I have decided to cancel my up and coming renewal so need to sort some in the next couple of weeks, so wondered who you would recommend

thanks

mandy:spin:

ps have also cancelled my life cover renewal for the mortgage as that has become extortionate so in the market for some sort of cover with that too. thats not due until nov though.

AL JAY
25-08-2011, 03:05
Have a word with forum member T.I.S

Leam_Lin
25-08-2011, 08:03
Select Insurance in Los Cristianos, english speaking.

princessmonika
25-08-2011, 09:43
is it contents insurance? because the building is insured on the block insurance you pay your maintenance fee--- i pay for 20,000 contents 133.00 euro per year -- live cover i don't have so i do not know-- good luck just shop around

CIM
25-08-2011, 10:02
A lot of banks wont accept the community insurance though and a stipulation of a mortgage is that adequate buildings cover is in place. If there is no mortgage then it is up to you what you do but i would also check the community policy and ensure it is adequate for your requirements.

atlantico
25-08-2011, 10:25
complex insurance is only for the outside of the apartments, not inside.

I use select, Lorraine or Sandy

Check with mortgage provider/bank first, as some 'tie in' the insurance and give a 'reduction' on interest rate, without their insurance the mortgage rate increases, Caja Canarias in particular !

ali j
25-08-2011, 11:42
we use select always been great

casabonny
25-08-2011, 14:41
Hi Contact Emma at Motorworld she does all types of Insurance and can help with house/contents life etc as well as motor and much more.The rates are very reasonable and with Spanish based companies .Follow the link in my signature or give her a ring 922087909.

princessmonika
25-08-2011, 14:45
thanks will check out a few

timmylish
25-08-2011, 16:07
Definately contact Chris, the owner of TIS at Las Chafiras and,a member of this Forum. Mrs. T. has had a running battle with her bank over insurances and the time and effort which Chris has given, is quite exceptional. The result is a substantial reduction in future monthlies for better cover! (Oh and everything done in his office in English)

lesbroz
25-08-2011, 21:40
Definately contact Chris, the owner of TIS at Las Chafiras and,a member of this Forum. Mrs. T. has had a running battle with her bank over insurances and the time and effort which Chris has given, is quite exceptional. The result is a substantial reduction in future monthlies for better cover! (Oh and everything done in his office in English)

I use Intasure. However, Chris has given me some sound advice, so I would try contacting TIS.

lcbandit
28-08-2011, 17:25
ok thanks, as I am over in england would need to do it online or via phone, I'm with banca march for my mortgage, last time I threatened to cancel my insurance they did a good deal, my gripe with them last time is that they never get in touch to say the premium is going up, they just do it and you only know when you check your account!! when I came out in June I questioned my life insurance policy as it had gone up considerably when I asked why it had gone upto 181 euro every 6 months she said it hadnt and that it had only gone upto 118 on checking my account recently it is 181!!! they also said it had gone up because of my age, as I pay a repayment mortgage surely that shouldnt make a difference as they would be paying less out every year if anything happened.

As for my studio insurance I do have to be covered for the inside of the premise in case of fire as the community one like has been mentioned only covers the outside of the building, I would really like to go with someone who does have english speaking advisors as when I tried to claim for water damage a few years ago got absolutely know where because of my lack of spanish!!