PDA

View Full Version : Information wanted about volcanic eruptions in Tenerife and the Canary Islands

londonjimmy
25-08-2011, 09:59
Don't Panic from the title! Hehe! I just have a question!

I remember reading a few years ago that there was talk of what would happen if Mt. Teide erupted. Since it hasn't erupted in 2000? years that doesnt concern me but I noticed that one of the smaller volcanos erupt round about a hundred years for the past 3 centurys, with the last one being in 1909. Has there been anything of note happen since your time in Tenerife and do you ever notice the fact that your living on a volcano?

I remember being on a tour but I cant remember if it was Tenerife or Lanzarote and they poured a bucket of water down and came flying back up a few seconds later, and also a resturant at the top of the hill that could cook on the grill on top of one of the openings - so does that mean a volcano is active or dormant?

Volcano or not, i'm on my way!! ;O)

AL JAY
25-08-2011, 12:00
That would be Timanfaya Volcano in Lanzarote! I only ever went once and spent the week wishing i was in Tenerife!

nicki
25-08-2011, 12:35
yes, that was Timanfaya in Lanzarote, here everything is fine .there is a website where you can follow every earthquake movement in the world .http://earthquake-report.com , then you have a better idea of the fact that the earth moves constantly and its monitored very good. Nothing to be worried about , just info, enjoy your stay here