PDA

View Full Version : Are you the restless type?

cainaries
25-08-2011, 19:16
We are completely settled here and OH in particular has no plans to go anywhere else. However, we've got quite a few friends who always seem to be on the move. If they're home for 3 weeks then they book a weekend away or a short break somewhere. Or they've got two homes (lucky things) and always seem to be going from one to the other - or even booking breaks from their second homes. Obviously variety is the spice of life for them or is it a case of the grass always being greener?

Suej
25-08-2011, 19:32
I´m a real stick at home Cainaries! no where in particular I want to go or see! I think I´m just a lazy good for nothing but enjoying it!:snore:

warbey
25-08-2011, 19:34
Hard to answer that Cainaries...

Some Years ago We had a week on Waikiki Beach. I was pining for Tenerife.

When we go anywhere there have always been Brits before. Wherever it is.
That I assume is where the British Empire originates.

cainaries
25-08-2011, 19:42
Hard to answer that Cainaries...

Some Years ago We had a week on Waikiki Beach. I was pining for Tenerife.

When we go anywhere there have always been Brits before. Wherever it is.
That I assume is where the British Empire originates.

OH was the same before we moved here, Warbey. Wherever I dragged him ... including Cancun which I loved ... he just wanted to be in La Palma.

I wonder if we have our 'real' birthplaces and our 'soul' birthplaces and OH's soul or spirit birthplace seems to be here. Not sure I've found mine yet.

christa
25-08-2011, 20:01
We two are also very settled here but we also like to have a break or holiday to look forward to every 3 months. Would like to think this will always be the case, but being realistic, either money, ill health or some other unforseen circumstance may crop up and put a stop to it. For this reason we hope to experience as much as possible before we are too old to enjoy it or become skint!

cainaries
25-08-2011, 20:05
We two are also very settled here but we also like to have a break or holiday to look forward to every 3 months. Would like to think this will always be the case, but being realistic, either money, ill health or some other unforseen circumstance may crop up and put a stop to it. For this reason we hope to experience as much as possible before we are too old to enjoy it or become skint!

Very very wise! Travel now before you have to start asking if your European Health Card is valid at your destination!

Sal
25-08-2011, 20:21
I am very restless, but basically because I can't wait to leave UK. We no longer have summers and I am a real "sun" person. We have three weeks in Tenerife and when we come back I am booking the next holiday.

I think things will change once hubby retires and we can move out to Paradise!

Goforgold
25-08-2011, 22:50
We are completely settled here and OH in particular has no plans to go anywhere else. However, we've got quite a few friends who always seem to be on the move. If they're home for 3 weeks then they book a weekend away or a short break somewhere. Or they've got two homes (lucky things) and always seem to be going from one to the other - or even booking breaks from their second homes. Obviously variety is the spice of life for them or is it a case of the grass always being greener?

Home wise we are very settled here, and this summer we seem to have been so lucky, with lots of sunny days for walking and going places. If only we could spend 3 months in Tenerife in the winter - I hate the cold!!!

CIM
25-08-2011, 23:07
I´m comfortable in Tenerife but I was also comfortable in Venezuela and the UK before that. So long as I have my family and my things around me (most of these are now virtual things courtesy of the internet) and money in the bank I am happy wherever.
Doubt if I´ll stay in Tenerife forever, I do like to experience other places and its not a great place for a teenager leaving school so far as job prospects so something to think about 17 or 18 years from now.