PDA

View Full Version : Charity Notice It's worth all the hard work for the Cats.

Cat Woman
25-08-2011, 22:02
Hi,
Ive just been going through my paperwork looking at figures.
Since 'Cats Welfare' became a registered charity on 26th May 2011 we have had 54 cats neutered, which breaks down to 39 females (including 12 pregnant ones) and 15 males.:hellokitty:
We have re homed 13 adult cats in Tenerife and 3 abroad. :cloud9: We have rescued 31 kittens and re homed 17 of them. Unfortunately 2 very young kittens died and we had to have 3 put to sleep. :cry: The rest are being fostered. We re homed a lovely large soft dog that was abandoned and also had a very sick dog put to sleep.:(
We have also had numerous visits to the 4 wonderful vets we use with many sick animals, some were emergency out of hour appointments.
We also feed 3 colonies of cats.
Its hard to catch cats in this very hot weather we are having at the moment, so we have been catching them at 5am and 9pm.:zzz:
The next colony of 16+ cats & kittens we are going to have neutered and treated are at the now closed Esmeralda Hotel in San Eugenio.
Please could anyone help us financially towards the cats at the Esmarelda Hotel? :pray: :hellokitty: We always have more cats than money. Its very hard to keep raising the money we need. Its going to cost about 800 euros for neutering and vet treatment. We should be able to raise half of the money ourselves, but we really need some help with the rest. We have a pay pal account on the website and our bank details are also on our website. Any help how ever large or small is extremely appreciated by ourselves and all the cats & kittens in Tenerife.;)
Once all the cats have been neutered and the kittens (hopefully) re homed. There will be a smaller colony of cats living in the hotel grounds, they will be fed, the males wont fight over females and no more kittens will be born. They will be a healthy happy colony of cats.
Thanks for reading.
Sharon & Wendi.:)
PS: Slodgedad, please could you leave this on General Chat as its information I would like people to know and the Charity updates dont get looked at as much as General Chat. Thanks.

Pets@Home
25-08-2011, 23:30
From one cat lover to another I think u are doing a fantastic job. Last week I had 17 cats to look after, 9 were mine, 5 are in Quarantine and the rest were holiday stays, nothing nicer than letting them come into my lounge at night and watch tv with me and have loads of cuddles lol .............

Cat Woman
26-08-2011, 10:00
From one cat lover to another I think u are doing a fantastic job. Last week I had 17 cats to look after, 9 were mine, 5 are in Quarantine and the rest were holiday stays, nothing nicer than letting them come into my lounge at night and watch tv with me and have loads of cuddles lol .............
Thank you for your lovely comment, we do the best we can and we are making a difference.
I know what you mean, we love to have all the cats in the lounge with us in the evening, they all like to sit with us & the dog and watch Coronation Street! :hellokitty::cloud9:
One of my adult cat mothers the kittens, she washes them all over and they usually fall asleep.:hug:
Its lovely to watch and its good for the kittens as some of them were abandoned so didnt have a mum.
Sharon. :)

caroletenerife
26-08-2011, 10:21
well done Sharon, you and wendi are so dedicated. They are really impressive figures for a brand new association/ charity. Thats ALOT of unwanted kittens you have prevented. I hope all animal lovers will support your efforts, even with a small donation...every penny will make a difference x

Cat Woman
26-08-2011, 15:30
well done Sharon, you and wendi are so dedicated. They are really impressive figures for a brand new association/ charity. Thats ALOT of unwanted kittens you have prevented. I hope all animal lovers will support your efforts, even with a small donation...every penny will make a difference x
Thanks,:)
I know you know how hard we work, not everyone appreciates it, but the important ones do!
Ive got some more stuff for the shop, I'll drop in in early next week. We get lots of stuff given but sometimes its not suitable for the Tombola, too big or too heavy and sometimes too rude!:o like the last lot!!;) so we pass it on to the Live Arico shop. If anyone wants any saucy orniments pop down to the Live Arico shop in San Eugenio!!
Sharon. :)

Added after 2 Hours 30 minutes:

Hi SueJ, Thank you so much for your kind donation towards the little sick kitten Smokey Joe from the Esmeralda.:jumping:
Caroletenerife, thank you so much or passing on the donation you were given whilst feeding the Esmeralda cats.:jumping:
Hopefully you have both started the ball rolling.:pray:
A big thank you from all the stray, wild & abandoned cats & kittens in Tenerife.:hellokitty::tiphat:

madat
27-08-2011, 20:26
yes, and you brought up to my shelter 22 kitten, you brought a leucemia-cat and a pregnant siames cat, you brought also 3 adult siames cats and i rehomed also 4 kitten for you, you promised that you will help to feed them......or pay anything for the flights...........you cannot only open the hands and ask for help......you also must think in the people helping you.......i am still waiting.....and all the sick cats also cost a lot of money by the vet.......
finaly who is helping ??????
and all the kitten you brought.......are now for castrations.......and who will pay ?????
and finaly.........charity doesnt exist in tenerife........no asosacion is a charity because it doesnt exist......

Pets@Home
27-08-2011, 20:33
yes, and you brought up to my shelter 22 kitten, you brought a leucemia-cat and a pregnant siames cat, you brought also 3 adult siames cats and i rehomed also 4 kitten for you, you promised that you will help to feed them......or pay anything for the flights...........you cannot only open the hands and ask for help......you also must think in the people helping you.......i am still waiting.....and all the sick cats also cost a lot of money by the vet.......
and all the kitten you brought.......are now for castrations.......and who will pay ?????
and finaly.........charity doesnt exist in tenerife........no asosacion is a charity because it doesnt exist......

Sorry what a terrible comment u have made to Cat Woman I assume. God all the animal charities work damm hard over here if not for them god know where all the animals would be right now, Sorry u have not stated what part u play in all this u have just put the most Damming Comment on a worthwhile thread, I dont get you!!!!!!!!!

madat
27-08-2011, 20:48
i didnt say that she is not working hard or not helping the cats........but if you promise things so please do it......are you standing each day in the shelter cleaning ****, feeting 78 cats.....running to the vet because a lot of the streetcats are not ok when they are coming in? catwoman is doing her work and she helps cats....but help is not only castrate cats.....

cynophilia
27-08-2011, 21:15
No.... what Madat is saying is very simple...Sharon and Wendy know the way to bring (27) cats up to Madat but forget to bring food catlitter,Milbemax,Frontline,Epitelizante and now we have castrations coming up....So Sharon and Wendy we see you this week with food and litter :thanx:

caroletenerife
27-08-2011, 21:32

Please lets not get into this one again. This is a forum, with members that are predominatly from the Uk or Ireland. Yes, in Tenerife there are associations, but most people on this forum understand the term Charity...the word is defined (amongst other things) as follows
char·i·ty (chr-t)
n. pl. char·i·ties
1. Provision of help or relief to the poor; or needy
2. Something given to help the needy; alms.
3. An institution, organization, or fund established to help the needy.
4. Benevolence or generosity toward others or toward humanity.

These descriptions convey the work the various animal or indeed any other associations do on the island, and to the british the word charity is easily understood. When i deal with Spanish customers i use the term association, because its what they understand, once everyone understands what you are (in their own language) they are more likely to help.
All animal charities are struggling at the moment (as ever) why dont you put an appeal on the forum for help for what I presume is a cat refuge. Forum members can be very generous and helpful when times are this hard

Andy0210
27-08-2011, 22:31
Sorry what a terrible comment u have made to Cat Woman I assume. God all the animal charities work damm hard over here if not for them god know where all the animals would be right now, Sorry u have not stated what part u play in all this u have just put the most Damming Comment on a worthwhile thread, I dont get you!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a simple google search of MADAT will reveal what part they play in all this....

http://www.madattenerife.com/

They are an animal welfare association who sound like they already do their bit for the cats on the Island.

Graceylacey
27-08-2011, 22:42
Now I understand why there are photos of tinned food on facebook, kids get out of the playground and think of the cats

9PLUS
27-08-2011, 23:07
Pussy in all it's forms causes problems

cheers

x

Cat Woman
27-08-2011, 23:17
O.M.G!! I am in total shock! I have just returned home with 3 kittens I have just rescued. I cannot believe what I have read.
I am extremely tired having been up since 6am to work on the market raising money for the cats. I am also up in 4 hours to do the night feed for the kittens. I am up again at 6am tomorrow for the market, then I have a pregnant cat to try and catch in Selencio. I will answer this post tomorrow evening when I am not so tired. Sharon.

Pets@Home
27-08-2011, 23:17
No.... what Madat is saying is very simple...Sharon and Wendy know the way to bring (27) cats up to Madat but forget to bring food catlitter,Milbemax,Frontline,Epitelizante and now we have castrations coming up....So Sharon and Wendy we see you this week with food and litter :thanx:

Then Madat should explain her role and what she does before she puts a comment out like that, we are not all in the loop u know ..........

Added after 2 minutes:

O.M.G!! I am in total shock! I have just returned home with 3 kittens I have just rescued. I cannot believe what I have read.
I am extremely tired having been up since 6am to work on the market raising money for the cats. I am also up in 4 hours to do the night feed for the kittens. I am up again at 6am tomorrow for the market, then I have a pregnant cat to try and catch in Selencio. I will answer this post tomorrow evening when I am not so tired. Sharon.

Look forward to Sharons reply tomorrow, whatever she says I am 100% behind her and the work she does, not wonder she was in shock when she read the comment, I know I was and I am not her ..........

DJ Dangerous
29-08-2011, 22:56
In a way, it can be quite embarrassing to see posts like this, so one simple question should help to clear up a lot of the sniping and fighting.

It is a simple yes-or-no question, with no ifs, ands or buts required.

"Have Cats Welfare covered the complete cost of food, litter, medication, vets bills, paperwork, flight boxes and transport for all of the cats that they have passed on to MaDaT, or is there anything outstanding?"

If the answer is yes, then MaDaT have nothing to complain about.

If the answer is no, then Cats Welfare have some work to do.

To put things in context, the cost per day for feeding a cat can vary from 50c up to 1.50.

On average, MaDaT have a cat for two to three months before a flight, passenger and foster home become available.

So the cost per cat for food alone, can vary from anything as low as €30, which would be a rarity, up to €135, which would be closer to the norm.

Medication is not cheap - some cats, and in particular kittens, can require courses of antibiotics for two weeks, or even longer.

If they get fourteen jabs at €5 per jab, that's an extra €70.

Wow, suddenly, that one cat has cost €200!

MaDaT sometimes receive donations for the cats that they send abroad - this generally, but not always, covers the cost of the flight.

So even if a cat is handed to MaDaT fully prepared, ie with castration, blood test, FelVac, rabies jab, microchip, passport, flea treatment, worm treatment all paid for, it can cost another €200 for the care, assuming it does leave inside that three month window, and assuming it only needs one course of antibiotics, and assuming that there is a donation to cover the cost of the flights.

That is a lot of assumptions, a lot of money, and a lot of TIME.

Who has to put their time in?

What is the opportunity cost?

So, if MaDaT have been reimbursed by Cats Welfare, why is there a problem?

If not, then there's work to do.

Without MaDaT, Cats Welfare would have twenty five or thirty cats more, CAT would have five more, and there would be a LOT that they have taken in and re-homed to date, that would be getting dumped on us.

We all owe MaDaT a world of thanks.

If you want to help them, as they keep helping all of us, you can do so by looking at their website (http://madattenerife.com/), their Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/madat.tenerife) page, or dropping food, cleaning supplies etc off at Properties Are Us (http://www.propertiesareus.com/tenerife-property-sales-rental-holiday-flights/) in Las Carabelas.

TenerifeTeddy
30-08-2011, 08:56
We have been informed that legal advice is being sought over the content of some of the posts on here.

In view of this we have no option but to remove some posts and close this thread for the time being.

We are not taking sides in this issue, and support all organisations and individuals that provide animal welfare.