PDA

View Full Version : A Me... Me... Me... conversation.

Ecky Thump
26-08-2011, 23:15
We were out the other evening for a few drinks at our local pub, it was just the normal local crowd (drunks;)), we were joined by another couple who were friends with one of our crowd and no matter what the conversation was, the girl managed to turn the conversation to about her self and she went on and on with a me..me..me conversation. Do you know anyone like this and do you get fed up with their company?

pablo1
26-08-2011, 23:17
Yes and yes... :-)

MaxineC
26-08-2011, 23:21
Yes and yes... :-)

Ahem, no, no... :)

Yes, I know a couple of girls like that, one is adamant that every status update on fb is about her, even though I've never given her a 2nd thought for a few months... Not quite sure how she is twisting them to suit her, but she does! Quite sad, but hey hum, some people are very desperate for attention! :rolleyes:

sunspot
26-08-2011, 23:21
Had a night out a few weeks ago and unfortunatly had the same problem,everytime i started a conversation she changed it around,so irritating

Ecky Thump
26-08-2011, 23:25
Ahem, no, no... :)

Yes, I know a couple of girls like that, one is adamant that every status update on fb is about her, even though I've never given her a 2nd thought for a few months... Not quite sure how she is twisting them to suit her, but she does! Quite sad, but hey hum, some people are very desperate for attention! :rolleyes:

The sad thing is that they believe every one is interested in them, when the truth is people get fed up listening to them.

9PLUS
26-08-2011, 23:28
When i was 2 years old i used to......

slodgedad
26-08-2011, 23:29
The sad thing is that they believe every one is interested in them, when the truth is people get fed up listening to them.Which is why the most important part of a conversation is; 'And how are you and how's things etc'

You may not want to know but people (especially women you are trying to chat up) love it.

Must admit though, when I've had a few, my ears sometimes switch off.....and my gob takes over.:whistle:

Ecky Thump
26-08-2011, 23:30
Which is why the most important part of a conversation is; 'And how are you and how's things etc'

You may not want to know but people (especially women you are trying to chat up) love it.

You woman magnet!:devil2:

slodgedad
26-08-2011, 23:37
You woman magnet!:devil2:I wish.....You've met me and you know that's a load of old cobblers.

The only females that talk to me are under 5s and over 85s...:D

El Viento
27-08-2011, 13:08
We were out the other evening for a few drinks at our local pub, it was just the normal local crowd (drunks;)), we were joined by another couple who were friends with one of our crowd and no matter what the conversation was, the girl managed to turn the conversation to about her self and she went on and on with a me..me..me conversation. Do you know anyone like this and do you get fed up with their company?

Why talking to them then, just move on :D

irishmusico
27-08-2011, 13:28
Ahhh yes,I do indeed.They are also a dab hand at blocking all the exit routes,so you are fenced in,and short of making a break for the exit,or killing them where they stand,you have to listen to their endless bla bla bla.Its very annoying,especially when all I want to talk about is me.

wen53
27-08-2011, 14:50
I most definately do. The worst of it is, that she is my best friend.I have just come back from 2 weeks in Tenerife with her. Her OH is my OH's best friend too. Always manages to steer the conversation to her.

An my 40th bithday party, the very first thing she said to me was not, Happy Birthday, or how's being 40?, but omg, look at the state of me! I've got a massive ladder in my tights!

Always fishing for compliments too. Like, look how fat I am!, I look like a heiffer/balloon/blob/oompa loompa (those were just a few of the things she came out with during the 2 weeks in teneife)

Trying to find a diplomatic way of saying we don't want to go on holiday with then next year

MaxineC
27-08-2011, 15:33
I most definately do. The worst of it is, that she is my best friend.I have just come back from 2 weeks in Tenerife with her. Her OH is my OH's best friend too. Always manages to steer the conversation to her.

An my 40th bithday party, the very first thing she said to me was not, Happy Birthday, or how's being 40?, but omg, look at the state of me! I've got a massive ladder in my tights!

Always fishing for compliments too. Like, look how fat I am!, I look like a heiffer/balloon/blob/oompa loompa (those were just a few of the things she came out with during the 2 weeks in teneife)

Trying to find a diplomatic way of saying we don't want to go on holiday with then next year

Just tell her Willy Wonka has cancelled all Oompa Loompa's holidays for the foreseeable future... :D

atlantico
27-08-2011, 15:40
Well, since you're all talking about me . . . . .

did i tell you i've just bought a new car ? and that I have to get my tonsils removed next week ? Did I mention I'm going to Barbados next week ? I've seen that new film, have you? Never mind, it was crappy ! Did I mention that I'm having an extension on my house built ? have you seen my new car yet ? I think its cancer not tonsillitis. Sorry . . . . . whats your name ?

doreen
27-08-2011, 15:43
And how ... but you get to a certain age when you just will not tolerate the selfish, self absorbed so and so's ;)

wen53
27-08-2011, 15:48
Just tell her Willy Wonka has cancelled all Oompa Loompa's holidays for the foreseeable future... :D

:crylaughing::crylaughing: Just spat me tea over me laptop!!!

cainaries
27-08-2011, 16:22
That's enough of all you lot! I'm just going to talk a lot LOUDER so that you can all HEAR ME and shut up yourselves. Right over the top of your conversations and interrupt you all.

sunspot
27-08-2011, 21:18
Some people are good at talking and some at listening but the real knack is to get the balance right

Carol55
27-08-2011, 21:22
Some people are good at talking and some at listening but the real knack is to get the balance right

When we are together we do the talking and John & Eric have to listen!

slodgedad
27-08-2011, 21:30
When we are together we do the talking and John & Eric have to listen!:agree::snore:

sunspot
27-08-2011, 21:32
:agree::snore:

Of course you do Slodge.................:laugh:

Carol55
27-08-2011, 21:36
:agree::snore:

I forgot, you have met Chris and I together.:cheeky:

sunspot
27-08-2011, 21:37
I forgot, you have met Chris and I together.:cheeky:

And isnt he not the lucky one....................:whistle:

slodgedad
27-08-2011, 21:44
And isnt he not the lucky one....................:whistle:Moi? Je suis very lucky to have been bored on the same afternoon..:D

Sal
27-08-2011, 21:52
I feel sorry for people who have only one topic of conversation - themselves! Are they insecure and want people to believe that they are really interesting or are they so full of themselves that they have no interest in asking others about their opinions / lives / interests?....................Sorry, it's the wannabe psychologist talking here!

Sundowner
27-08-2011, 21:52
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening..........when you would have preferred to talk!

Goforgold
27-08-2011, 22:29
Moi? Je suis very lucky to have been bored on the same afternoon..:D

I'm impressed Slodge - French and Spanish??

Sal
27-08-2011, 22:35
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening..........when you would have preferred to talk!

I believe listening is better than talking...........................or am I just nosy? :fpull:

sunspot
27-08-2011, 22:38
I believe listening is better than talking...........................or am I just nosy? :fpull:

Im a good listener but when ive had a few i just cant shut up..........thats what hubby says anyway

warbey
28-08-2011, 19:00
We have a Neighbour who lost Her Husband ?'@ Years ago. She's still mourning Him.
She also has memory lapses to add to this.
We sometimes sit outside by the Door in the Sun.
90 minutes takes some beating, and My Head starts Banging.
We dont sit there much now.

Thats just One example!

dokgolf
28-08-2011, 19:13
I feel sorry for people who have only one topic of conversation - themselves! Are they insecure and want people to believe that they are really interesting or are they so full of themselves that they have no interest in asking others about their opinions / lives / interests?....................Sorry, it's the wannabe psychologist talking here!

My friend's wife is like this. Everything will be turned to herself and her kids. I don't call round to his house anymore because of her, I'll just meet him for a drink ( if he's on his own).