PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear your sunglasses indoors?

cainaries
27-08-2011, 20:30
I have enough trouble seeing as it is. So I am always puzzled by people who were sunglasses indoors. But may be there is a reason I haven't thought of.

slodgedad
27-08-2011, 20:50
I have enough trouble seeing as it is. So I am always puzzled by people who were sunglasses indoors. But may be there is a reason I haven't thought of.Don't you just hate it talking to someone who refuses to take their sun glasses off, even in a darkened room?

Goforgold
27-08-2011, 20:56
If I took my sunglasses off, I wouldn't see you!! They're prescriptions ones!! :)

slodgedad
27-08-2011, 21:04
If I took my sunglasses off, I wouldn't see you!! They're prescriptions ones!! :)You probably wouldn't want to see me.

My scintillating conversation would suffice.

Goforgold
27-08-2011, 21:08
You probably wouldn't want to see me.

My scintillating conversation would suffice.

When I take my glasses off, I don't hear so well. So I wouldn't be able to see or hear you!! ;)

MaxineC
27-08-2011, 21:09
Not usually, but with these headaches, sometimes during the day when the sun is at a certain angle I have... and feel a right pratt! ;)

In the daylight, always, my eyes are very sensitive - like me :rofl: - so have to... I certainly don't mean it in a rude or arrogant way, I just would be n't be able to see properly without them!

cainaries
27-08-2011, 21:45
Don't you just hate it talking to someone who refuses to take their sun glasses off, even in a darkened room?

I'm told the Spanish think it is very rude not to make direct eye contact which is why we often see them with their sunglasses on the tops of their heads ... so they can make direct eye contact. Which I am 100% in favour of. I wear those reactive glasses (is that what I mean ... too many of the other sort of glasses now). The ones which change with the sun. And if I take those off to make direct eye contact ... I can hardly see the person I'm talking to. But for people who just wear ordinary sunglasses I don't see the need to wear them indoors ... except for Maxine with her headaches, of course. Poor soul.

When I take my glasses off, I don't hear so well. So I wouldn't be able to see or hear you!! ;)

My mother had the opposite problem and had to take off her glasses to answer the phone. I never did understand that!

Horrible mistake in my post. I meant to write that the Spanish think it rude if you wear sunglasses and avoid making direct eye contact. I'm going to go and lie down in a darkened room.

Goforgold
27-08-2011, 21:49
If I have a lengthy conversation with someone I don't know very well, then I do take my sunglasses off so that I can make eye contact. :) However it doesn't feel very relaxing. Fortunately it doesn't happen too often!! ;)

slodgedad
27-08-2011, 21:53
I'm told the Spanish think it is very rude not to make direct eye contact which is why we often see them with their sunglasses on the tops of their heads ... so they can make direct eye contact. Which I am 100% in favour of. I wear those reactive glasses (is that what I mean ... too many of the other sort of glasses now). The ones which change with the sun. And if I take those off to make direct eye contact ... I can hardly see the person I'm talking to. But for people who just wear ordinary sunglasses I don't see the need to wear them indoors ... except for Maxine with her headaches, of course. Poor soul.

My mother had the opposite problem and had to take off her glasses to answer the phone. I never did understand that!

I have found the opposite to be true.

Most of my Spanish friends make absolute eye contact which is so refreshing.

Furtive glancers and hidden eyes annoy me.

Goforgold
27-08-2011, 21:58

My OH would annoy you then Slodge - I'm always catching him giving furtive glances - usually involves attractive ladies !! ;)

slodgedad
27-08-2011, 22:02
My OH would annoy you then Slodge - I'm always catching him giving furtive glances - usually involves attractive ladies !! ;)AAhh, They don't count//

Sal
27-08-2011, 22:07
Don't even wear sunglasses outdoors in the UK - due to lack of sun. Would never wear them indoors as I'm not incognito (would never fool my cats anyway) and I would probably go A over T on something!

cainaries
27-08-2011, 22:07

You're right ...mine is a mis typed mistake ...aaagh! I meant that they think it's rude not to make direct eye contact. Gosh, I'm so cross with myself I might have to go and hide behind my sunglasses. Aaaghhh.

lozzie1821
27-08-2011, 22:12
i wear sunglasses in my apt... im always with them so its jus habit now that im constantly with them on.... non prescriptive too...

I had a allergic reaction to mascara a while bk so ended up wearing sunglasses on a night out.... diamantes all over them so they did match my outfit!! and i have to say i do look hot in the pics hahhahahaa

I even wore sunglasses on top of my head for the david guetta concert incase i was still out at sunrise.... i had them on by the end of the night