PDA

View Full Version : This will be my last trip on Easyjet with special assistance...

Ed3229
28-08-2011, 15:26
Due to my youngest being too old, next year I will have to get speedy boarding on my next flight or join the common people getting on the bundle bus.Do you get speedy boarding and is it worth the extra.........:crying2:

TenerifeTeddy
28-08-2011, 17:20
I dont fly with Easyjet very often but IMO it is not worth the cost.
Last year I had to get back to the UK urgently as my mother was seriously ill, and I booked the next flight out which happened to be EasyJet.

When they asked all the people who were not speedy boarders to queue to the right, only 30 of us moved. That meant 200 people had paid for "speedy boarding" which of course makes it a farce, and just generates extra revenue for them.

rosemary
28-08-2011, 17:50
Last year I had to get back to the UK urgently as my mother was seriously ill, and I booked the next flight out which happened to be EasyJet.

When they asked all the people who were not speedy boarders to queue to the right, only 30 of us moved. That meant 200 people had paid for "speedy boarding" which of course makes it a farce, and just generates extra revenue for them.

Absolutely correct. And time that someone raised this whole farcical issue! My young teenage grandaughters paid for Speedy to come out to visit me and they were not even able to sit together due to the crush. A farce and a money maker.
Plus there is no extra checkin desk here at the airport for Speedy - meant to be part of what one pays for.

MaxineC
29-08-2011, 10:56

Same happened to me when I last flew with Easyjet, coming back from Paris... those of us that didn't bother with the speed boarding got on the plane a darn sight quicker than the 3/4's of the passengers that had booked it!

A complete farce... it would only be worth it if they limited how many of these passes were issued!

dokgolf
29-08-2011, 11:41
According to another post on the Ryanair thread, Easyjet only allow 30 places for priority boarding compared to a limitless amount for Ryanair. That's what the poster was told on asking the airlines themselves ( hence 5 euro charge for Ryanair and 11 euro for Easyjet). Either the poster was given false info or Easyjet are simply robbing *******s!

MaxineC
29-08-2011, 11:45
I can assure you, they definitely sell more than 30...!!

Skeggy
29-08-2011, 11:58
I travel with Easy Jet regularly and have never noticed a great deal of speedy boarders on any flight that I have taken recently, although I would not pay extra for speedy boarding as there are only two of us, and unbelievably we can bear to be apart for four hours, we have never had to sit apart ever. as for being asked to queue to the right for non speedy boarders so many people think that it does not apply to them and are desperately frightened that they will lose their place in the queue or not get on the plane, I prefer to wait until all the panic struck travellers are safely on board hogging three seats, and then politely asking them if we may sit next to them, this is not always very popular. With young children it may be worth paying for SB or you could do what a young Mum did waiting until last and then asking her fellow passengers to move to allow her family to sit together, several rightly refused but some mugs stood for it.

delderek
29-08-2011, 13:17

That's because people don't listen, or don't want to. 30 is the maximum sold for each flight, plus the yearly card holders, which can add to this number.

Update: think the number now allocated is 20%. so on the normal a320 easyjet use it it is around 30, but on the a321 it could be nearer 40.

rosemary
29-08-2011, 14:23
Does anyone check when passengers are actually stepping onto the plane, whether they are or arenīt speedy boarders?

Because itīs so easy to mix everyone up beforehand when going down to the ramp or when on a bus.

delderek
31-08-2011, 10:32
Does anyone check when passengers are actually stepping onto the plane, whether they are or arenīt speedy boarders?

Because itīs so easy to mix everyone up beforehand when going down to the ramp or when on a bus.

No they don't check, but if using an airbridge, they leave a gap before boarding non speedy boarders. If a bus is used, it is divided off, with speedy boarder door open first.

moonlighter
31-08-2011, 11:18
Worth the cost in my opinion, we always get it & so far have never failed to get the emergency exit seats which mean extra leg room for Ģ11.

We find that most of the time the staff at the gate are very strict to make sure that the people that have paid for speedy boarding get on board first. (Although this is obviously not always the case as has been mentioned above).

callaoman
31-08-2011, 22:22
We fly with easyjet 5 times a year to Tenerife, never paid for speedy boarding, not needed to. if anyone is worried about getting a seat together just get to the gate early and wait at the front of the queue. There is no scrum as everyone is behind you. We regularily board straight after the speedy boarders and have never had a problem. Usually we get 3 seats between the 2 of us as the planes are very rarely full.