PDA

View Full Version : A logical explanation please

balcon
28-08-2011, 19:37
Travel back to the Uk with hand luggage, buy a bottle of Bacardi, put it in hand luggage with seal on it. Go through security at airport, bottle of Bacardi confiscated, leave security after all ok, then go to duty free, buy another bottle of Bacardi, put it in hand luggage and get on the plane ..................... can someone please give me a logical explanation

warbey
28-08-2011, 19:44
If I understand correctly, You have turned up at Security with more than the Maximum allowed amount of Fluid in Your Luggage.
So it's confiscated.

I suggest if You still have the Receipt for the original Bottle, You could claim it back, but doubtful...

balcon
28-08-2011, 19:54
I think you're right, but can you see my point. I would have thought, if you can't carry the bottle through security, why are you allowed to buy it at duty free after you've gone through security, and take it on the plane

Jimandsi
28-08-2011, 19:58
The first bottle could have been full of petrol / acid though ?

The second bottle bought in Duty Free has been checked.

sunspot
28-08-2011, 20:01
The reason in my mind is you were trying to take a bottle of fluid through security,even though it was sealed ,they dont know it was not tampered with,( ive opened a bottle and the seal has not broken) but the bottles they sell you security side,they know where its come from, thats why its allowed on the plane,if it had gone in the hold it would have been ok....think you will find this is the case with all fluids

marbro8
28-08-2011, 20:07
I think you're right, but can you see my point. I would have thought, if you can't carry the bottle through security, why are you allowed to buy it at duty free after you've gone through security, and take it on the planebecause if you try to take it through security then you could have tampered with it, even though the seal looks in tact(these terrorists are very resourceful) but if you buy it after security you would not have the chance to tamper with it and the bottle would have gone through it's own security procedure;)

balcon
28-08-2011, 20:20
Maybe it's because I'm such an honest person, that never even entered my head .................. bet the security men had a bit of a party that night ha ha

marbro8
28-08-2011, 20:30
Maybe it's because I'm such an honest person, that never even entered my head .................. bet the security men had a bit of a party that night ha hai had the same problem coming from malta, i brought about 4 expensive aftershaves worth about £160 and put them in hand luggage, so got to security and they said i could not take it through, they said if i put it through the hold i could keep it, but i could not secure the bag and sure enough when we got back to birmingham airport and i picked the bag up off the carousell it was empty:(

Sal
28-08-2011, 20:37
Basically you need to buy any of these things after check-in.

marbro8
28-08-2011, 20:45
Basically you need to buy any of these things after check-in.but that's when they are typically 30% dearer, so the trick is to buy them on the island and pack them in your case;)

balcon
28-08-2011, 21:03
wonder what happens with all the stuff they confiscate

Jimandsi
28-08-2011, 21:23
Hic :thanx: Hic :yum: Hic !

balcon
28-08-2011, 21:25
Hic :thanx: Hic :yum: Hic !

I bet they love folk like me ...........

Jimandsi
28-08-2011, 21:29

and marbro8 with his dodgy aftershave ! :whistle:

cainaries
28-08-2011, 21:57

My stepson did exact same thing as you and what was so irritating is that they stopped him about 1 second after we'd waved him off and walked away. UNfortunately it didn't occur to him to ring us and go back to collect the bottle of vodka. And we were still in the airport!

marbro8
28-08-2011, 22:24
wonder what happens with all the stuff they confiscatethey are supposed to burn it or tip it down the drain:crylaughing: what a load of balls, my mate got raided by the customs a few months ago and they took 350 sleeves of ciggs of him(70'000 in their language) he had 10 sleeves in his car so they took the car off him and he was visiting his dads lock up and they found 5 sleeves in his and took his car as well, then they took him home and asked him if he had any large amounts of money on the property, and because he had been to the bank that morning and drew out £5000 he showed them, they also confiscated that as well? even though he had a receipt, " proceeds of crime" but the best bit is when they got to the customs office in birmingham they asked him to sign for the £4'000 they found the robin gitts, but they soon found the missing £1'000 when they got the solicitors letter, it also happened to his mate, they took £9,000 and only asked him to sign for £7,000, but he didn't complain because they said they wouldn't take it any further, they are as crooked as the people they take the stuff off:devil2:

balcon
29-08-2011, 10:17
they are supposed to burn it or tip it down the drain:crylaughing: what a load of balls, my mate got raided by the customs a few months ago and they took 350 sleeves of ciggs of him(70'000 in their language) he had 10 sleeves in his car so they took the car off him and he was visiting his dads lock up and they found 5 sleeves in his and took his car as well, then they took him home and asked him if he had any large amounts of money on the property, and because he had been to the bank that morning and drew out £5000 he showed them, they also confiscated that as well? even though he had a receipt, " proceeds of crime" but the best bit is when they got to the customs office in birmingham they asked him to sign for the £4'000 they found the robin gitts, but they soon found the missing £1'000 when they got the solicitors letter, it also happened to his mate, they took £9,000 and only asked him to sign for £7,000, but he didn't complain because they said they wouldn't take it any further, they are as crooked as the people they take the stuff off:devil2:

gosh, and heres me going on about a bottle of bacardi

9PLUS
29-08-2011, 10:23
Too much liquid

Ed3229
29-08-2011, 11:08
http://youtu.be/5S9H6RO0bKA

Chivas Regal
29-08-2011, 12:56
Am I correct in thinking at Birmingham airport, once through to the main lounge, you can then eat a steak meal at Whetherspoons and get given a Steak knife to eat it with?

9PLUS
29-08-2011, 14:35
Am I correct in thinking at Birmingham airport, once through to the main lounge, you can then eat a steak meal at Whetherspoons and get given a Steak knife to eat it with?

I once went to the Arcades in Manchester Airport playing Time Crisis 2 and came out with a Pink Uzi - in the main lounge of course

xx

marbro8
29-08-2011, 14:46
Am I correct in thinking at Birmingham airport, once through to the main lounge, you can then eat a steak meal at Whetherspoons and get given a Steak knife to eat it with?i would have thought so? i havn't seen anyone using plastic knives and forks yet:dontknow:

Chivas Regal
29-08-2011, 16:06
so I can then take steak knife onto the plane?

marbro8
29-08-2011, 16:19
so I can then take steak knife onto the plane?maybe the staff have been trained to make sure all metal cuttlery has to be accounted for when taking the plates back to the kitchen?