PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT : Duplicate account information needed for old and new forum merge

admin
28-08-2011, 21:36
Hi All.

Sorry to have to force you all to read a thread again, however this is a very important one.

If you were a user of the OLD installation of the Tenerife Forum and have re-registered on here with a DIFFERENT username, we need some information about your accounts there and here, so that we can merge them together correctly and therefore restore your postcount.

So, if you have a DIFFERENT username on here than you had originally, can you please click on the link and fill in the form :

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/content.php?149-Tenerife-Forum-Usernames

If you have the same username that you had originally, then you don't need to do anything, as your old account will me merged with your current one automatically.

Likewise, if you are a new user and only registered after May 28th 2011, you don't need to do anything and can ignore this thread.

Thanks for your time reading this :)

Cat Woman
28-08-2011, 21:41
I cannot get on to the page. When I click on the link it says "Certificate was blocked because it wasnt signed by a valid security certificate" ?

TenerifeTeddy
28-08-2011, 21:48
I cannot get on to the page. When I click on the link it says "Certificate was blocked because it wasnt signed by a valid security sertificate" ?

Please check the date and time on your computer. If it is not current, particularly the year, you will get this message.

Cat Woman
28-08-2011, 22:02
Thank you TenerifeTeddy.
My computer was over 10 years out of date!!
Im all up to date now and filled in the form.
Sharon. :)

Gfplux
29-08-2011, 06:52
I have the same user name, but not sure the case of the letters are exactly the same. Will that be a problem?

slodgedad
29-08-2011, 14:19
I have the same user name, but not sure the case of the letters are exactly the same. Will that be a problem?

It would be if the spelling were different but I've just checked yours and it's exactly the same, including Email registration

Megaloo
29-08-2011, 14:25
User name the same not sure whether my e-mail is different though would that mae a difference?

Pooh
29-08-2011, 14:25
Letter Case won't matter; The database only allows one user with a certain combination of characters in the user name, regardless of Case, so "username", "Username" and "UserName" are considered to be the same, while "UserName" and "User Name" are considered to be different, since the space counts as one character.

Pooh
29-08-2011, 14:27
User name the same not sure whether my e-mail is different though would that mae a difference?

If the user name is the same, it won't matter; The current e-mail used here, not the old one, will be the one used.

Tenerife Blade
29-08-2011, 14:42
Letter Case won't matter; The database only allows one user with a certain combination of characters in the user name, regardless of Case, so "username", "Username" and "UserName" are considered to be the same,

That would be me then. Well it will be until I get my original name back.

Goforgold
29-08-2011, 19:18

I've got an uppercase G now in Goforgold, so hopefully mine will be ok. Just checking :)

slodgedad
29-08-2011, 19:46
I've got an uppercase G now in Goforgold, so hopefully mine will be ok. Just checking :)As pooh has stated, case is not an issue as opposed. to spaces which are.

As far as the computer is concerned it is another letter.

For example, put a space in your email address and it's not recognized. Obvious to the human eye, but not this weird and wonderful thing we call cyberspace.

Goforgold
29-08-2011, 19:58
As pooh has stated, case is not an issue as opposed. to spaces which are.

As far as the computer is concerned it is another letter.

For example, put a space in your email address and it's not recognized. Obvious to the human eye, but not this weird and wonderful thing we call cyberspace.

Sorry Slodge - I didn't notice that post !! Still got me sunglasses on!! :)

Sal
29-08-2011, 20:00
I changed my username before the original forum ended, so do I need to use the link and fill in my details?

slodgedad
29-08-2011, 20:02
I changed my username before the original forum ended, so do I need to use the link and fill in my details?If your name is the same on both then, no.

admin
30-08-2011, 19:43
That would be me then. Well it will be until I get my original name back.You have it now :D

atlantico
30-08-2011, 20:08
and I'm back to just plain old Atlantico instead of my alter-ego, Atlantico2 . . . . I despised him !!

TOTO 99
30-08-2011, 21:02
and I'm back to just plain old Atlantico instead of my alter-ego, Atlantico2 . . . . I despised him !!

You're not alone......:D

chifleta
31-08-2011, 21:52
well i did register a long time ago with the original forum, but could never actually log in, so got bored and never bothered again :) LOL ... now i can't even remember what user name i gave, may have been the same, but hey, who knows ...

slodgedad
31-08-2011, 22:01
well i did register a long time ago with the original forum, but could never actually log in, so got bored and never bothered again :) LOL ... now i can't even remember what user name i gave, may have been the same, but hey, who knows ...

You were registered with the same name and Email address.

Maybe the difficulties you were having were the same as everyone else, hence the new set up..

terrydunlea
31-08-2011, 23:27
I assume that all my previous information , ie eMail address will have been stored etc .

slodgedad
31-08-2011, 23:34
I assume that all my previous information , ie eMail address will have been stored etc .

Yes. Your account is still the same in the old database as this.

KirstyJay
01-09-2011, 08:55
Accounts will be matched up by username and email, however someone may have registered on here with a new username that was taken on the old forum, so if the accounts were merged solely using usernames, we could end up with a lot of people with info that is not theirs! Hence why we're asking.

If BOTH username and email match, then they will be merged... if email matches, but not username, they will be merged and the new username and account info used, unless specified on the form.

If username matches, but not email and we have no info on the form to say that the accounts are otherwise linked, then seperate accounts will exist until we are told or find out otherwise.

If, after a year, the account has not been used, then we may delete it.

It's important to note... we are not importing posts or threads at present, as that's a massive job. We are just looking at getting the user info back, as the majority of problems we get help requests for are from returning members who are not aware of the switch and cannot log in, but don't know why :(

You will also get your old post count back :) Great for me, as I had over 25,000 on the old forum! :eek: :D

Once the user data on each forum matches, it may or may not be an easier job to import the posts and threads... we don't know.

We're evaluating it as we go along. We're of the opinion though, that it will probably be best to leave them where they are for now, as they can all be accessed, and try and get updated info on here instead, as some threads are almost 6 years old and the important info has most likely changed.

Any member who has database knowledge will realise what a huge job it is to try and merge two massive databases like these, so please bear with us. We'll get there eventually, but we need everyone's help when it comes to information gathering like this, so thanks for letting us know if you have changed your username :)

terrydunlea
01-09-2011, 21:59
thank you again for the update

lighting123
06-09-2011, 07:04
I cannot get on to the page. When I click on the link it says "Certificate was blocked because it wasnt signed by a valid security certificate" ?

slodgedad
06-09-2011, 11:53

As previously reported in posts 2 and 3 of this thread, check the time and date in your computer.

Davaliao
08-09-2011, 09:38
my phone is not good engou ....

DJ Dangerous
08-09-2011, 10:26
I think that I had two account on the old forum, "DJ Dangerous" and "DJ Dangerous2", as there was something corrupted in or around May 2010.

Flicking over older posts, many that I had thanked as "DJ Dangerous" were listed as being thanked by "DJ Dangerous2".

Will both be merged?

KirstyJay
09-09-2011, 15:08
I think that I had two account on the old forum, "DJ Dangerous" and "DJ Dangerous2", as there was something corrupted in or around May 2010.

Flicking over older posts, many that I had thanked as "DJ Dangerous" were listed as being thanked by "DJ Dangerous2".

Will both be merged?We'll sort it out :) Have you entered this on the form too? Just in case it gets overlooked in this post... :)

liamcourt
19-09-2011, 10:53
Thanks.............

Ashro Autos
20-09-2011, 00:30
Is it possible to retrieve password for old forum ?

Andy0210
20-09-2011, 00:56
Is it possible to retrieve password for old forum ?

Try...... ifthatdontfixithititwithabighammer ;)

Lulu
13-10-2011, 00:08
I think I may have been called Lucille but in any case I never went on the site very much so it doesn't matter.

Good night, see you another day.

yasmin
19-10-2011, 10:43
i think this is a silly rule

Carol55
19-10-2011, 10:48

Oh well, you cant please every one!

stevem
19-10-2011, 11:51

Why ??? Seems sensible to me!

CaribeCelt
22-10-2011, 09:04
When will the accounts be merged?
Or have you forgotten about me;)

Fluffy
02-11-2011, 16:54
I was previously registered, but can't remember my username or password :-(

RayJ
18-11-2011, 10:30
It's not letting me onto that page to register my old/new username. Is there anyway you can do it for me if I post here..?

Old username (i think) was.... jones3870

Thanks.

carrieschnell
30-12-2011, 07:23
Thank you for the information. :)

Vortex Wake
06-01-2012, 12:17
This thread tends now to be populated by spam newbie posters - maybe its time to lock this thread.

sunshinezz
27-01-2012, 22:30
When will the accounts be merged?
Or have you forgotten about me;)
AND ME !!!!:cry:

bertjohnk
02-02-2012, 14:27
Hi,
I am not clear about this post.
what I should do now?
Could anybody help me please?
Thanks

sunshinezz
05-02-2012, 20:41
I have supplied my user name and havent changed anything and i still havent received my original post count or joining date thank you .

slodgedad
05-02-2012, 21:36
I have supplied my user name and havent changed anything and i still havent received my original post count or joining date thank you .

Neither has anyone else yet.

colmand
08-02-2012, 15:23
I am a newby and have not had an account with before

Balcony
14-02-2012, 09:47
Old account holder. We shall see what we shall see....LOL

judy79
16-02-2012, 16:47
I've re-registerd with a. new email-account because i don't remember my password and hotmail has blocked my account.I'm not sure of my old username either...what do you want me to do?

KirstyJay
16-02-2012, 22:29
If you let us know what your old email address was, we can match them up.

Arlene
17-02-2012, 15:01
Hello folks, we are looking for a 2 bedroom villa or apartment for long rent, either 6 months from october 2012 or 3 months from jan 2013. prefered area golf del sur san miguel village etc hope someone can help resonable rental only please .

miketikolo
19-03-2012, 09:51
Nice forum i really wants to post some important messages over there....

jamescharls123
19-03-2012, 10:46
No it's my first account for this site

slodgedad
26-03-2012, 20:13
This thread tends now to be populated by spam newbie posters - maybe its time to lock this thread.

Totally agree. Gave the thread a couple more months but it's turned into a magnet for spammers. Without exageration I seem to have to visit this thread every day

Thread closed...

Any more info, as it becomes available, will be posted