PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything we can do about false advertising in Tenerife?

MummyJ
29-08-2011, 10:31
about false advertising

My OH was working in a bar for 2 months and left at the end of june. THey are still advertising entertainment with Him in th epapers and leaflets at the airport and they dont even have entertainment any more let alone him.

Is there anything that can be done re them using his picture for the advert

thanks

9PLUS
29-08-2011, 10:42
Its free advertising for your husband as a entertainer surely a good thing?

Medman
29-08-2011, 11:33
Its free advertising for your husband as a entertainer surely a good thing?

Not if they go to see him and the bar say he's let them down. "But please stay for a drink now you are here"

MaxineC
29-08-2011, 12:12
Chances are they took out block advertising in the paper, and had a large print run of leaflets, so waiting until the time comes to re-new both.

Have you asked them why they're still advertising him?

MummyJ
29-08-2011, 13:28
Not if they go to see him and the bar say he's let them down. "But please stay for a drink now you are here"

thats what we were thinking especially as he is now resident compere in another bar but i agree that people can give others a bad name as advertising something they dont have and saying bad things about the entertainment (have seen and heard this so many times before by bars saying cabaret let them down when really wot they mean is the bar is too quiet and they refuse to be out of pocket)

Medman
29-08-2011, 14:10
thats what we were thinking especially as he is now resident compere in another bar but i agree that people can give others a bad name as advertising something they dont have and saying bad things about the entertainment (have seen and heard this so many times before by bars saying cabaret let them down when really wot they mean is the bar is too quiet and they refuse to be out of pocket)

I'm in the entertainment industry here, so I can relate to this topic. Not uncommon for club or pub to cancel a popular act and replace them with a cheaper option without changing the advert and when the customers arrive expecting the popular act they say that the act cancelled and let them down. If they would just be honest about it. You should make sure that the new bar advertises your OH properly.

MummyJ
29-08-2011, 14:17
thanks everyone

yes the new bar has been great - just a pain to be honest

bonitatime
29-08-2011, 22:54
I would contact where ever the advertisment is and complain. Not much youy can do about leaflets but a newspaper should change this if you complain.

Ashro Autos
29-08-2011, 23:09
Just name and shame the bar concerned and they may withdraw there advertising.

Ian_N
30-08-2011, 00:22
So if name and shame is involved and someone doesnt like it do down a place like Ashro autos or whoever on hearsay get a grip. Too many miserable bloody people here like before nothing good always negative whether cars, bars, entertainment and so on but they want everything for nothing. " Why do they complain because you charged them maybe a euro for a beer or for a sandwich" ooo i thought it was free ! get a grip if u aint got money for a holiday why go !

Medman
30-08-2011, 07:56
So if name and shame is involved and someone doesnt like it do down a place like Ashro autos or whoever on hearsay get a grip. Too many miserable bloody people here like before nothing good always negative whether cars, bars, entertainment and so on but they want everything for nothing. " Why do they complain because you charged them maybe a euro for a beer or for a sandwich" ooo i thought it was free ! get a grip if u aint got money for a holiday why go !

Don't see any relevance to this thread in your post. :confused:

MummyJ
30-08-2011, 10:11
wew are going to go in and speak to them this week simply to ask about the leaflets etc - one of those things i suppose

thanks to those who have given good advice