PDA

View Full Version : HOME Needed! Loving home needed for a Rottweiler dog. Can you help?

Kande
29-08-2011, 11:39
Hi, its me again! Looking to find a home for yet another animal.

Im posting this on behalf on someone I know.

A one year old, friendly, sociable, quiet Rottweiler needs a permanent home.

Basically this is the story: The owner has returned to the UK for good. Left his 2 dogs with a friend of his to mind for 3 days initially, which then turned into 3 wks and now he says he wonīt be returning to Tenerife.

So, if you can offer a home for this dog, please get in touch by pm-ing me and I will give you the phone number of the person who has the dog at the moment.

Thanks

*Please can this be moved to the Pet section if possible. I couldnīt find it.

CIM
29-08-2011, 12:20
Thee are so many irresponsible idiot owners here - what is it with Tenerife and people who cant be bothered to look after their pets??
Good to see someone stepping up and helping out Kande - good luck!

caroletenerife
29-08-2011, 12:29
Hi, its me again! Looking to find a home for yet another animal.

Im posting this on behalf on someone I know.

A one year old, friendly, sociable, quiet Rottweiler needs a permanent home.

Basically this is the story: The owner has returned to the UK for good. Left his 2 dogs with a friend of his to mind for 3 days initially, which then turned into 3 wks and now he says he wonīt be returning to Tenerife.

So, if you can offer a home for this dog, please get in touch by pm-ing me and I will give you the phone number of the person who has the dog at the moment.

Thanks

*Please can this be moved to the Pet section if possible. I couldnīt find it.

Has the owner offered any kind of financial help for the upkeep of this dog...if not name and shame. Good luck with your search. CIM, its everywhere, not just here, the UK shelters are overwhelmed with dogs from moronic former owners

the_kat
29-08-2011, 12:30
Good luck Kande, hope the dog gets re-homed, rottweilers are lovely dogs(if brought up right). CIM, yep you hit the nail on the head Grrrr...makes me mad!!!!

Jackie
29-08-2011, 17:22
It's not just the cost of caring for the dog. Owners of this breed have to have a medical to ensure they are 'fit' enough to handle the dog as well as paying a license/registration fees for it every year, not a cheap dog to take on.

caroletenerife
29-08-2011, 18:10
Thats a dashhund and a rottie on here and 3 enquiries in the shop (one a pitbull/staffie cross) about us taking in unwanted pets.....not a good day for mans best friend.

slodgedad
29-08-2011, 19:59
I know this may not be the most popular post of the day but why are members so quick to denigrate people who are trying to find a loving home for a pet?

In a lot of cases it is for selfish motives I know but there are circumstances where there is no option.

Earlier this year we nearly had to re locate, because of my wife's stroke and were both concerned at what would happen to our 'old lady' who we've had for 14 years.

She can't even travel in the car.

The thought of putting a thread on here asking for help terrified me. (There was no way we could have taken Lucky home)

So, before we get all the do gooder, holier than thou, posters. Why not take a minute to, at least, find out some background.

(Personal opinion. Nothing to do with my mod status)

Cat Woman
29-08-2011, 21:21
[QUOTE=
*Please can this be moved to the Pet section if possible. I couldnīt find it.[/QUOTE]

We really need a separate pet section on this new forum,:doggy: just like the old one.:hellokitty: It is a very important thread.:ducky:
Thanks, Sharon. :)

primrose
29-08-2011, 22:20
I know this may not be the most popular post of the day but why are members so quick to denigrate people who are trying to find a loving home for a pet?

In a lot of cases it is for selfish motives I know but there are circumstances where there is no option.

Earlier this year we nearly had to re locate, because of my wife's stoke and were both concerned at what would happen to our 'old lady' who we've had for 14 years.

She can't even travel in the car.

The thought of putting a thread on here asking for help terrified me. (There was no way we could have taken Lucky home)

So, before we get all the do gooder, holier than thou, posters. Why not take a minute to, at least, find out some background.

(Personal opinion. Nothing to do with my mod status)

Well done Slodgedad, nobody knows what their circumstances will be in the future.

bonitatime
30-08-2011, 16:19
There is always another option instead of thowing themselves a the mercy of the forum they could take the animal and have it put down. Or even worse abandon it like the actual owner of this dog seems to have done.
I feel sorry for anyone who comes on here asking for help rehoming a dog as there is little sympathy.
Just because it happens a lot doesnt mean for every family leaving everything including a pet isn't really hard.
I was talking last week to a woman who was down to see the consul. Their passports have run out and they didnt have the money to renew the to go home. She was in tears and her young daughter was very upset. We need to remember that sometimes peoples lives are in ruins and have a little humanity.

Hope you find someone to Take the dog as they are a lovely breed.

YOUNG GOLFER
30-08-2011, 18:06
There is always another option instead of thowing themselves a the mercy of the forum they could take the animal and have it put down. Or even worse abandon it like the actual owner of this dog seems to have done.
I feel sorry for anyone who comes on here asking for help rehoming a dog as there is little sympathy.
Just because it happens a lot doesnt mean for every family leaving everything including a pet isn't really hard.
I was talking last week to a woman who was down to see the consul. Their passports have run out and they didnt have the money to renew the to go home. She was in tears and her young daughter was very upset. We need to remember that sometimes peoples lives are in ruins and have a little humanity.

Hope you find someone to Take the dog as they are a lovely breed.

First i would like to wish you all the best in finding a home for such a dog i got lucky on here and thanks to a forum member i found a home and managed to get the owner to part with some cash also to help out.......i now know this dog is very happy in it's new home...........good luck.
As for this thread and the owner well what can you say that has not been said already.

I won't say anything but what i will say to anyone living here or thinking of living here.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A PET WHEN YOU COME TO LIVE IN TENERIFE IT'S NOT IN THE RULE BOOK.

Please please think long and hard about it.

Pet's don't like to live all day on a balcony in the baking hot sun.

If this offends some members then it's not you who i am having a go at but my god there are so many people here who struggle to find work or pay the rent but still feel the need to have a pet:(:(:(

bonitatime forgot to ask whats the update on the people and their passports are they sorted now.

SuzyQ
30-08-2011, 18:12
[QUOTE=YOUNG GOLFER;89950]First i would like to wish you all the best in finding a home for such a dog i got lucky on here and thanks to a forum member i found a home and managed to get the owner to part with some cash also to help out.......i now know this dog is very happy in it's new home...........good luck.
As for this thread and the owner well what can you say that has not been said already.

I won't say anything but what i will say to anyone living here or thinking of living here.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A PET WHEN YOU COME TO LIVE IN TENERIFE IT'S NOT IN THE RULE BOOK.

If this offends some members then it's not you who i am having a go at but my god there are so many people here who struggle to find work or pay the rent but still feel the need to have a pet:(:(:(
QUOTE]

Here here!!!

caroletenerife
31-08-2011, 02:40
[QUOTE=YOUNG GOLFER;89950]First i would like to wish you all the best in finding a home for such a dog i got lucky on here and thanks to a forum member i found a home and managed to get the owner to part with some cash also to help out.......i now know this dog is very happy in it's new home...........good luck.

QUOTE]

Here here!!!
and here ! |I dont see anyone on here critising Kande, she is already trying to home a little abused poodle on here, so well done her, and her friend, who even worse has been lumbered with this dog. There is no doubt that some people are suffering hard times and difficult choices have to be made, or circumstances occur that no one can change, like little Lucky whos owner passed away, everyone pulled together and now Lucky is with a lovely Swedish lady, has a new husky big brother and is very happy.
However Young Golfer is right so many people just get themselves a pup because its cute with no thought of the future. Hand on heart, since the shop has opened, out of the steady stream of people wanting rid of their animal, only one person had a just and reasonable reason to find it a new home (for the dogs benefit). The story's are usually, its grown too big (you should have thought about that), it barks, growls, destroys the house, does the toilet in the house (so train it).
The ones that stand out are a woman who didnt want the dog anymore because her new financial venture was to breed pedigree cats for a living, she lived on a complex with a balcony!!!! The dog no longer fitted in with her new plans so it had to go, she dumped it on Phil from Dingo dogs and is currently breeding said pedigrees (hopefully not making a penny). Or the man who came in and said his wife was getting a new 3 piece suite so the dog had to go!!!!
Mabey, having to listen to these idiots excuses has made me cynical, then so be it, guilty as charged, i'm only in the shop, i dont know how eugenio and connie handle these people turning up at the refuge where its a hundred times worse. Again i understand there are exceptions, but this week i have had 3 people looking to get rid, all young dogs, whose only crime was that, like last nights pizza, they are not quite as appealling as when they were first taken home.

kevin
05-09-2011, 16:36
hi kande ive pm you but your pm box is full

Jackie
05-09-2011, 22:25
This is what anyone who takes on one of these dogs needs to do. I am sorry but I can't remember who originally posted it on the old forum but I kept a copy of it because o friends of my daughters bought a Rotty and he was actually unaware of what he needed to do with regards to keeping this breed. Some of the costs may have changed as this was written approx. one year ago but it gives the general idea.

Your first step is to go to the SAC office at your local town hall and request a form known as Solicitud de Inscripcion en el Censo de Animales Domesticos Y/O Potencialmente Peligrosos. You will need various papers such as your NIE and passport and your dogīs microchipping evidence etc. The document is in Spanish.
Next, surprisingly, you have to take yourself to your local centro medico and have a medical which will determine if you are fit to keep a potentially dangerous dog (eyesight, blood pressure, reactions etc) and why you want one. You will also be asked to take a questionnaire with 60 questions. This is the main cost involved at 53 euros.
A visit to the Mapfre building in Santa Cruz is also necessary to obtain a certificate which will eventually be returned to you confirming you have no criminal record. If you do, you will not be allowed to get a licence.
You also need to take out dog insurance with a minimum cover of 120,000 euros (on your house insurance or a separate policy) and will need to sign and complete another form from the SAC (Peticion de Antecedentes Penales de Registro Central de Penados y Rebeldes). I took my insurance out with Tenerife Insurance Services 922735321 and i found them most helpful.
Eventually, you take all the papers, microchipping document, innoculation verifications etc back to the SAC and you will receive a preliminary certificate. Subject to all the paperwork being correct, your licence will be issued in a month or so later.
As you might guess, this whole process is lengthy and complicated but it is the right way to get your potentially dangerous dog legalised. Sadly, many owners just donīt bother but Accion del Sol would like others to follow the example of Rayoīs owner.
You should also be aware that if someone else is walking your dog and it attacks a person or another animal, it is still your responsibility, not the minderīs. Your premises should also display a dangerous dog sign and you should always carry your licence and the dogīs paperwork. You must also take these steps if you want to adopt a dangerous dog breed from a refuge and should not be allowed to take it away until you have the paperwork.
It is, we are sure you will agree, quite an eye opener to discover the procedures involved which take around two months. But the law is the law and the only way not to fall foul of it is to bite the bullet and get on with it!

Kande
06-09-2011, 13:48
hi kande ive pm you but your pm box is full

Hi, sorry bout that. Ive cleared it now and sent you a pm.

And thanks to Jackie for taking the time to explain the requirements for anyone thinking of owning a Rottie.