PDA

View Full Version : How was your day today?

star light
29-08-2011, 22:43
have came in this evening after being told a few home truths from a friend and up until then was having a fab day.After reading a few threads on this form my self pity has gone and starting to smile again.So a big thanks to the members.

Added after 2 minutes:

that should say how your day can change by a few words

MaxineC
29-08-2011, 22:47
Not the best, not the worse... ;)

Incidentally, when it comes to friends changing a day from fab to awful; I've recently lost 2 people from my life who I really rather liked, in such ridiculous circumstances... It just makes me wonder if they weren't particularly good friends after all, and maybe I'm better off without them. What can seem hurtful one day, can seem to be a good thing another... ;)

9PLUS
30-08-2011, 10:11
My Day is always Wonderful

Everyday Dreams

x

cainaries
30-08-2011, 13:43
Perhaps we should all try whatever 9plus is on!

My day is not good as the parcel I've been waiting for since the beginning of August is now finally acknowledged as lost. Doesn't it make a difference when you get someone helpful on the end of the phone who at least took the trouble to discover it was lost instead of just saying 'stuck in customs, don't ring us, we'll ring you' which I've had for the last 3 weeks.

Maxine, I have a childhood friend with whom I have huge on-again/off-again sagas. She isn't speaking to me since she discovered I went back to London for a week in June and didn't go to see her. We can go for years like this then the sun comes out again and we're best buddies. Moving away also tends to give a clue as to who are really good friends and the people who only liked you when you were on hand to do things with or to have me me me conversations!

YOUNG GOLFER
30-08-2011, 15:35
Wife and children back from the UK after 13 days away with nanny.....so feeling very happy to have them all home.
Loved it when my little girl 3yrs said ...daddy you are my best friend:lovesme::console:.....that takes some beating.:wink2:

slodgedad
30-08-2011, 15:39
I was having a great day, star light, til I found out it was me who accidentally closed your thread...Sorry...:sorry:

Ed3229
30-08-2011, 15:46
Just made Orange Aero Muffins for the kids,wife at work,dogs walked and 28 days til we arrive in Tenerife..........Good day it is then.

sunspot
30-08-2011, 16:16
Bad start,was going to have a lie in for a change,did not intend to start until 10am but the neighbours decided to start hammering at 8am and then drilling,now if theres one thing i hate is not waking up naturally so a very bad mood to start the day.Tomorrow going to be one hell of a day my grand-daughter over for 9 days,fantastic and its my birthday so what can go wrong tomorrow....................

caroletenerife
30-08-2011, 17:10
Great day in shop, quite busy and lots of donations (even got some things donated for Cat womans market stall, so the cats are benefitting too) I hope thats the quiet spell over. Lots of lovely clothes in for voluptuous ladies xx

cainaries
30-08-2011, 17:36
Bad start,was going to have a lie in for a change,did not intend to start until 10am but the neighbours decided to start hammering at 8am and then drilling,now if theres one thing i hate is not waking up naturally so a very bad mood to start the day.Tomorrow going to be one hell of a day my grand-daughter over for 9 days,fantastic and its my birthday so what can go wrong tomorrow....................
Have a lovely day tomorrow, Sunspot. Hope absolutely nothing goes wrong!

Goforgold
30-08-2011, 17:44
I like your thread Star Light :)

I hope you're having a better day today. :) Be cautious about 'home truths' from so called friends.

It is amazing how your mood can change from being very happy to being low and in reverse too, just by something someone says. I get this, but never from my close personal friends thank goodness. I can count them on one hand, because if I meet someone new and they aren't trustworthy, honest, have integrity or they are a "me, me person", I afraid I have to walk away. This can be very awkward because it takes time to find out what people are really like and then it's embarrassing trying to extricate yourself from the friendship.

Forgot to say how my day is!! :) I've been to work and I would say it was frustrating, but day off tomorrow, so getting better!! :)

pablo1
30-08-2011, 18:30
I'm currently watching a druid ' wedding ' in my dove house, bizarre doessn't quite cover it....

TOTO 99
30-08-2011, 19:30
I'm currently watching a druid ' wedding ' in my dove house, bizarre doessn't quite cover it....

Pablo dude, you have to cut back on those "Jazz Cigarettes"...:D

pablo1
30-08-2011, 19:48
Pablo dude, you have to cut back on those "Jazz Cigarettes"...:D

Ha Ha! After some of the sights I see at my place I should probably be smoking more... :-)

cainaries
30-08-2011, 20:00

Is there a video?:D

pablo1
30-08-2011, 20:03
Is there a video?:D

I was going to try and sneak some footage on my phone but thought it might have been unprofessional..... I'll wait until they're all drunk on their Mead wine and do it then!! :-)

lozzie1821
30-08-2011, 20:14
Ive actually had a better day than usual today. high spirited and big smiles.

dokgolf
30-08-2011, 20:26
Ive actually had a better day than usual today. high spirited and big smiles.
You finally sold the cigarettes then??:D

YOUNG GOLFER
30-08-2011, 21:07
I have some Silk Cut for sale .............18.90cents for 200.;)

TOTO 99
30-08-2011, 21:13
You finally sold the cigarettes then??:D

No, she smoked them..turns out they weren't silk cut after all...:spin:

dokgolf
30-08-2011, 21:23
No, she smoked them..turns out they weren't silk cut after all...:spin:

Moroccan Woodbines?:D

lozzie1821
30-08-2011, 21:49
:crylaughing::crylaughing: you guys are hillarious!!! :crylaughing:

I dont smoke either - Im a good girl me... :whistle:

MaxineC
31-08-2011, 00:12
I was having a great day, star light, til I found out it was me who accidentally closed your thread...Sorry...:sorry:

Super SloppY Fingers Slodge... :rofl: :D

Can I have have the same as Pablo's on please... :D

EDIT: Today has been a good day.... :D

Cainaries - Yes, I know in time, if there is longevity in those friendships, we'll overcome this hiccup... if we don't, it wasn't worth hanging onto ;)

I have friends that I don't need to speak to for years, and are not on social network sites, yet we speak as if we saw each other only yesterday, when we do meet up/call... that's the sign of a true friendship. They come around rarely... ;)

chifleta
31-08-2011, 23:07
I like your thread Star Light :)

I can count them on one hand, because if I meet someone new and they aren't trustworthy, honest, have integrity or they are a "me, me person", I afraid I have to walk away. This can be very awkward because it takes time to find out what people are really like and then it's embarrassing trying to extricate yourself from the friendship.

my OH likes to say "I can count my friends on one hand, and if I lost a couple of fingers, I'd still have enough left over to count them" (more or less translated) .... i've been here too long, I've got to the stage where I don't bother, sounds bad, but it's actually not, I have a couple of friends and a couple of very good friends, and as we're busy with our partners/families etc, and our partners are our best friends who we prefer to spend as much time as we can, then us friends are happy to meet up once every couple of weeks for lunch and a catchup.....

ohhh and I don't mess about too much nowadays, if a "possible new friend" gets miffed at me, or misunderstands me (for the way I talk or type things), or I don't like something they do or say... I just don't bother with them, and if they ask, i'll tell them why, no problema (omg i've turned into my father aghhh)

forgot to mention: my day has been good, weigh-in day, lost 1 kilo this week, so well chuffed as it's been a long slog - total loss so far 34.9 kilos so i've got bragging rights today, don't mind if I do :-D

Goforgold
01-09-2011, 07:51
my OH likes to say "I can count my friends on one hand, and if I lost a couple of fingers, I'd still have enough left over to count them" (more or less translated) .... i've been here too long, I've got to the stage where I don't bother, sounds bad, but it's actually not, I have a couple of friends and a couple of very good friends, and as we're busy with our partners/families etc, and our partners are our best friends who we prefer to spend as much time as we can, then us friends are happy to meet up once every couple of weeks for lunch and a catchup.....

ohhh and I don't mess about too much nowadays, if a "possible new friend" gets miffed at me, or misunderstands me (for the way I talk or type things), or I don't like something they do or say... I just don't bother with them, and if they ask, i'll tell them why, no problema (omg i've turned into my father aghhh)

forgot to mention: my day has been good, weigh-in day, lost 1 kilo this week, so well chuffed as it's been a long slog - total loss so far 34.9 kilos so i've got bragging rights today, don't mind if I do :-D`

You've definitely got bragging rights!! What a fantastic weight loss. :)

Malteser Monkey
01-09-2011, 09:12
Just brilliant !

First day back in work after 3 weeks off and we have clear blue skies - blinkin typical !

Mornings everyone !

Goforgold
01-09-2011, 18:13
Just brilliant !

First day back in work after 3 weeks off and we have clear blue skies - blinkin typical !

Mornings everyone !

3 weeks off? With the little toe? ;)

lozzie1821
01-09-2011, 18:53
today i have found rather amusing!!!

Got told ma son is moving to the big boy bit in his nursery now hes walking :-D
Sooooooooo feeling very proud today too :-) x

cainaries
01-09-2011, 23:23
An average day except for the very kind offer from Karinagal to bring me out a kindle (well, I'm sure she'd like to be paid for it, but you know what I mean!). Kindness from a complete stranger or should I say a Forum friend. Lifted my spirits considerably.

Malteser Monkey
02-09-2011, 08:53
An average day except for the very kind offer from Karinagal to bring me out a kindle (well, I'm sure she'd like to be paid for it, but you know what I mean!). Kindness from a complete stranger or should I say a Forum friend. Lifted my spirits considerably.

Wonderful -what a lovely thing to do.

3 weeks off? With the little toe? ;)

No I left it in my office drawer:raspberry2::cheeky::D

Bobby
02-09-2011, 10:36
Don't know what sort of day I'm going to have today. Got a hospital appointment at 12.30pm so we will see what transpires. More needles I expect!

Goforgold
02-09-2011, 14:58
Now, now, no need to be facetious!! :(........................... ;)

[QUOTE=Bobby;91207]Don't know what sort of day I'm going to have today. Got a hospital appointment at 12.30pm so we will see what transpires. More needles I expect!

I hope your appointment went better than you'd hoped.

Bobby
02-09-2011, 18:05
Not too bad. Failed to get the needle in my left arm and after soaking my right it went in there. Four hours of drips and my arm is quite sore. Never mind I'm sure it will do me good. Thanks Goforgold for your kind support. Overall it turned out to be a good day.