PDA

View Full Version : Why has my thread been closed on the Tenerife Forum?

star light
30-08-2011, 00:03
Hi i am new to this form and have never been part of any form before so i am just finding my feet. I know i will make mistakes along the way but can somebody explain why a thread would be closed.I started one earlier and it has been closed have i said some thing i shouldn't have.

pablo1
30-08-2011, 00:08
You didn't mention that you dislike cats/dogs did you? :-)

star light
30-08-2011, 00:13
no i dislike many things but not cats/dogs.Was just talking about my day and how it had changed so quickly but now i am just glad that day is over and a new one in front of me

dokgolf
30-08-2011, 00:14
Had a look at that thread earlier. Can't see anything wrong with it myself, but then again, I'm not a mod/admin.

pablo1
30-08-2011, 00:24
no i dislike many things but not cats/dogs.Was just talking about my day and how it had changed so quickly but now i am just glad that day is over and a new one in front of me

Yeah I read your thread, seemed ok to me, I'm sure the lovely mods will clear it up for you.

Stick around, you'll get the cats/dog joke soon enough! :-)

star light
30-08-2011, 08:09
still not any clearer on the problem will just have to let it pass and hope i don't make the same mistake again(what ever it was).

TOTO 99
30-08-2011, 08:15
still not any clearer on the problem will just have to let it pass and hope i don't make the same mistake again(what ever it was).

Perhaps the mods haven't seen this yet star light. I'm sure you'll get an explanation. It looks like there's been a mistake along the way. Hopefully a mod will spot it shortly.

star light
30-08-2011, 08:23
thanks.My head can go into negitive thinking so quickly at times and would hate to upset anybody by my comments.It has taken me a few weeks of looking at this form before joining and don't want this to put me of.

MrsTT
30-08-2011, 09:30
Sorry star light, that you have had your thread closed, but at the moment I donīt know why. There are still lots of tweaks going on with this new version of the forum, as we mods get used to the software. Bit like changing from windows xp to vista and then into windows 7, in that they are all broadly similar operating systems but not quite :(

KirstyJay
30-08-2011, 09:52
In future if you have a query regarding a mod action, please contact the mods directly, as we are unlikely to see a thread like this, especially as it's posted in the General Chat section, rather than Help and Assistance.

I think your thread may have been closed by mistake, as I can see no reason why it was. It was probably selected at the same time as another thread and was included in the mod action.

It's open again now though.

star light
30-08-2011, 13:56
Thanks for explain the reason it was closed and also the action to take if i have problems in the future.

alice in wonderland
31-08-2011, 09:11
You didn't mention that you dislike cats/dogs did you? :-)

I committed a greater sin than that, i posted in a thread that i no longer listened to OasisFM for what i believed to be a valid reason, within 10minutes i received a PM from someone called Roscoe threatening to sue me and my post was removed and the thread closed the same day.

admin
31-08-2011, 11:19
I committed a greater sin than that, i posted in a thread that i no longer listened to OasisFM for what i believed to be a valid reason, within 10minutes i received a PM from someone called Roscoe threatening to sue me and my post was removed and the thread closed the same day.Then maybe you should take that up directly with Oasis, as your post was reported as libelous, and the forum cannot be held responsible for any comments you should make that are libelous. That's written both in our T&Cs, which you agreed to when you joined, so if you have a problem with that, you really have to speak directly with the company that you allegedly defamed.

:)

If you have anything further to say about it, either contact them, or PM a mod and discuss it privately, as mod decisions are not discussed on open thread. This is also in the T&Cs.

TOTO 99
31-08-2011, 11:33
Then maybe you should take that up directly with Oasis, as your post was reported as libelous, and the forum cannot be held responsible for any comments you should make that are libelous. That's written both in our T&Cs, which you agreed to when you joined, so if you have a problem with that, you really have to speak directly with the company that you allegedly defamed.

If you have anything further to say about it, either contact them, or PM a mod and discuss it privately, as mod decisions are not discussed on open thread. This is also in the T&Cs.

Far be it from me but if mod's decisions aren't discussed on an open thread, why is the response twice the length of the OP complaint? :D...just sayin' like.....................I know, I'll get my coat..

alice in wonderland
31-08-2011, 13:05
Then maybe you should take that up directly with Oasis, as your post was reported as libelous, and the forum cannot be held responsible for any comments you should make that are libelous. That's written both in our T&Cs, which you agreed to when you joined, so if you have a problem with that, you really have to speak directly with the company that you allegedly defamed.

I have done as you requested and PM'd both Oasis FM and a moderator.

Ecky Thump
27-11-2011, 10:30
Sometimes I can understand why a thread has been closed and at other times it amazes me why.

Members ask asked a question and then the thread is closed without the right to reply.
??????

Angusjim
27-11-2011, 12:00
Sometimes I can understand why a thread has been closed and at other times it amazes me why.

Members ask asked a question and then the thread is closed without the right to reply.
??????

Originally Posted by Angusjim

"So are you starting to decide what people can post seems quite a reasonable thread to me apart from the posts that have nothing to do with Ecky's original point."

"I think you need to re-read my post. I never made any such suggestion. Either you misunderstood my sentiments, or you are deliberately trying to make my comments seem like they mean something they don't. I shall give the benefit of the doubt put it down to the former."

Ecky I obvioulsy misunderstood what was being said right enough - don't like thread close it lol ???

garlicbread
27-11-2011, 12:09
This thread is being closed because the OP did get an answer to her original question.